Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPU mining
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPU mining

Hello,
I am looking for providers of dedicated servers who allow CPU mining. I'm mining a crypto currency and need more servers. Looking for specs similar to Dual CPU. 16 cores, 32 threads
I'm paying currently $75 at one host, but would be willing to pay more.. Thank you

Comments

• Are you a part of that hosting operation? I want to make sure they allow CPU mining.

• What are you mining?

• @aaraya1516 said:
    What are you mining?

This is kind of a hobby, mining a crypto currency. Nothing illegal and your welcome to ask any questions.

• Magiklair said: This is kind of a hobby, mining a crypto currency. Nothing illegal and your welcome to ask any questions.

just wondering which one, I'm not familiar with one that would be profitable with those servers

• If it's a dedicated server - why would any provider prohibit you from max'ing out a resource that is entirely dedicated to you?

• @jiggawattz said:
    If it's a dedicated server - why would any provider prohibit you from max'ing out a resource that is entirely dedicated to you?

Well they can use more electricity. But other than that, pretty harmless

• Anyhow I'm looking for something similar to my current configuration and will want to order a few of them. Pricing $100 or less preferred. But open to offers

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I don't even know why I'm suggesting this, but 24 core for $67 at QuadIX...

• @aaraya1516 said:

Magiklair said: This is kind of a hobby, mining a crypto currency. Nothing illegal and your welcome to ask any questions.

just wondering which one, I'm not familiar with one that would be profitable with those servers

It's a coin in the development and not on any exchanges.

• MagiklairMagiklair Member
    edited July 2017

Magiklair said: Hello, I am looking for providers of dedicated servers who allow CPU mining. I'm mining a crypto currency and need more servers. Looking for specs similar to Dual CPU. 16 cores, 32 threads I'm paying currently $75 at one host, but would be willing to pay more.. Thank you

Okay thanks for your feedback.. If any other hosting companies could contact me. That would be great!

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

Are dual X5650s enough? We can do a bunch of them depending on the specs needed. Otherwise we may have some dual E5s, I'd have to check how many.

• Which coin algo? Scrypt/sha256 only profitable using asic/gpu.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Which coin algo? Scrypt/sha256 only profitable using asic/gpu.

It's one of those. Yes I'm very familiar with mining

• xrzxrz Member
    edited July 2017

You will NEED a lof of CPU power to do SOME profit if any :D not CPU but GPU is the way ;)

• @Magiklair, rather than renting a dedicated server, how about buying a gridseed gc5535? It's cheaper, and with 380khs for scrypt, or 8ghs for sha256.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Any dedicated server will be fine, no VPS server will allow it.

Take one of these: https://www.hetzner.de/dedicated-rootserver/ex51-ssd-gpu

€117 p/month and you get an i7-6700 + a GTX 1080 Graphics card.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Okay, the coin cannot be mined using GPU. It's not a common algorithm such as script etc. It's very unique..
    Best regards,
    Brian

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Magiklair said:
    Okay, the coin cannot be mined using GPU. It's not a common algorithm such as script etc. It's very unique..

Then go for high frequency CPU :). Good luck!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Magiklair said: Okay, the coin cannot be mined using GPU. It's not a common algorithm such as script etc. It's very unique.. Best regards, Brian

I guess you want an i9 then :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Magiklair - we have the following special available in Bulgaria:

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2450L (16 cores, 32 threads)
    2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L ( total 32 threads )
    16GB of DDR3 RAM (upgradeable)
    240GB SSD drive (upgradeable)
    10TB of Bandwidth on gbps port (upgradeable)
    /29 of IPv4 (upgradeable)
    /64 of IPv6
    99EUR per month, recurring

Let me know if this is out of any interest. We also have a bunch of L5630 and I can do a very good pricing on bulk orders, in case you can spread the load between multiple machines (not familar with mining myself).

• Okay I've received a lot of interest. I've got to go over everything and will follow up with company and individuals whom best match my needs. I want to thank everyone for adding comments and providing feedback! It was greatly appreciated. Take care everyone and best of luck to you in the future.

• Do you mind in telling which currency is good for cpu mining.

• @vishalpatelz said:
    Do you mind in telling which currency is good for cpu mining.

I'm sorry, not going to say the coin I'm mining. That brings more competition.. Hopefully you understand

• Joe's Datacenter
    2x e5-2660 (16 cores, 32 threads)
    1st month $37.50 USD with coupon code: 5GYX03
    No contract.
    ~860H/s monero

Thanked by 1crimealone
  • MagiklairMagiklair Member
    edited July 2017

@Strikerr said:
    Joe's Datacenter
    2x e5-2660 (16 cores, 32 threads)
    1st month $37.50 USD with coupon code: 5GYX03
    No contract.
    ~860H/s monero

Let me check them out. Thanks

• lurchlurch Member

@Magiklair said:

@vishalpatelz said:

I'm sorry, not going to say the coin I'm mining. That brings more competition.. Hopefully you understand

If it's any good 100/1000s will be mining it anyway?

• @lurch said:

@Magiklair said:

@vishalpatelz said:

If it's any good 100/1000s will be mining it anyway?

Isn't a distributed network cryptocoin better off with more nodes and miners anyways

• @Magiklair said:

@vishalpatelz said:

Is it potatocoin? Are you a potato miner?