Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New All-In-One Gameserver Control Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New All-In-One Gameserver Control Panel

Comments

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited July 2017

I dont know how much sense the pricing makes for small business/communities.

If I compare those prices to prices the first three game server providers in a google search for "game server rent" charge (which includes the server itself as well), it doesnt compare all too favourably, imo.

• Will it become open to download upon release??

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

MagicalTrain said: I dont know how much sense the pricing makes for small business/communities.

If I compare those prices to prices the first three game server providers in a google search for "game server rent" charge (which includes the server itself as well), it doesnt compare all too favourably, imo.

Server, as in physical host server. Not individual gameservers.

edited July 2017

perryoo11 said: Will it become open to download upon release??

If by that you mean free, no. It will be paid, although it will be a fair price.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2017

The silicon valley vision : SaaS . Sometimes is just hard to trust. Summary: show me the code.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2017

This panel looks great, I wish you the best luck. :)
    You can either choose to license it, or grow your company with a custom control panel and develop exactly the features you need... I think it would be more profitable ;-)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

It looks really nice. Great work there!

• @joepie91 said:
    3. Non-commercial 'unskilled' pirates, typically unable to afford the software; they will get their cracked copies from groups 1 and 2, and they weren't going to buy your software anyway.

I agree with most of what you're saying, however, I have to highlight this sentence.

As the intended users of this product will be supplying services to the public, and as they're not paying for it, they'll be able to offer it at lower cost, cutting that group out by keeping it as SaaS might keep more end-users with the people that actually pay for the software to begin with, instead of "every summer host using a nulled whmcs".

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@teamacc said:

@joepie91 said:
    3. Non-commercial 'unskilled' pirates, typically unable to afford the software; they will get their cracked copies from groups 1 and 2, and they weren't going to buy your software anyway.

I agree with most of what you're saying, however, I have to highlight this sentence.

As the intended users of this product will be supplying services to the public, and as they're not paying for it, they'll be able to offer it at lower cost, cutting that group out by keeping it as SaaS might keep more end-users with the people that actually pay for the software to begin with, instead of "every summer host using a nulled whmcs".

I agree to a degree - software and knowledge are the key to being competitive. I get the part about the summer hosts being able to undercut the paying providers.

However, hosting someone's billing is a very serious stuff. Starting from PCI compliance, through security, etc. it's a big task. I also wouldn't feel comfortable relying 100% on a solution that's not under my control, but that might be might mania of avoiding single points of failure.

• this is nice, maybe you can start put email subscription to let us know when its ready

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Hxxx said:
    The silicon valley vision : SaaS . Sometimes is just hard to trust. Summary: show me the code.

But thats the thing, SAAS means less time to develop as the code can be ugly. Also, self-hosted means the dev has to invest in obfuscater and complex licencing modules to minimize piracy.

I am a pro saas millennial, sooo gtfo?

Thanked by 1Hxxx

mgilang said: this is nice, maybe you can start put email subscription to let us know when its ready

Sure, good idea! Send me an e-mail at [email protected] so I can put you on the notification list.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Exactly the point with millenials, ignorant until the end. I don't trust SaaS unless is from a very high end and recognized company.

@pbgben said:

@Hxxx said:

But thats the thing, SAAS means less time to develop as the code can be ugly. Also, self-hosted means the dev has to invest in obfuscater and complex licencing modules to minimize piracy.

edited July 2017

Hxxx said: Exactly the point with millenials, ignorant until the end. I don't trust SaaS unless is from a very high end and recognized company.

I've had quite a couple years of experience hosting servers. We have plans to dedicate 4 servers at different providers, 2 being webservers which can both serve as a fail-over of eachother, and 2 dedicated database servers.

We have a decent amount of money to invest in to this, and I can piggy back it off the infrastructure we need to build for a small-ish social platform for Riot Games Europe.

• I have to admit, your panel looks very modern and sleek :)

amyling said: I have to admit, your panel looks very modern and sleek :)

Thanks! We are currently working on a new design that will keep a lot of the aspects this design has, hard to explain. Will show you when it's finished (should be soon).

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

Looks very nice :) Im working on a gameserver panel as well but bash based maybe a small web ui. Something like centminmod for gameservers. Cool to see someone accomplishing this with node.js as I never learnt php but got directly into node.js :P But I guess there is some php, too eh?

edited July 2017

Ympker said: Looks very nice :) Im working on a gameserver panel as well but bash based maybe a small web ui. Something like centminmod for gameservers. Cool to see someone accomplishing this with node.js as I never learnt php but got directly into node.js :P But I guess there is some php, too eh?

I've built it like this:

Frontend -> PHP Backend (API, MySQL) -> Node.JS daemon

The frontend is written entirely in JavaScript, which communicates with my backend API (which is also accessible for other developers to use). The backend does all the hard work and sends commands to the Node.JS daemon, which sits directly on the remote server that you wish to control.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@CConner said:

Ympker said: Looks very nice :) Im working on a gameserver panel as well but bash based maybe a small web ui. Something like centminmod for gameservers. Cool to see someone accomplishing this with node.js as I never learnt php but got directly into node.js :P But I guess there is some php, too eh?

I've built it like this:

Frontend -> PHP Backend (API, MySQL) -> Node.JS daemon

The frontend is written entirely in JavaScript, which communicates with my backend API (which is also accessible for other developers to use). The backend does all the hard work and sends commands to the Node.JS daemon, which sits directly on the remote server that you wish to control.

Thanks for the info :-)

Ympker said: Im working on a gameserver panel as well but bash based maybe a small web ui.

Do you have a link to your control panel? I'd love to take a look.

edited July 2017

MikePT said: This panel looks great, I wish you the best luck. :) You can either choose to license it, or grow your company with a custom control panel and develop exactly the features you need... I think it would be more profitable ;-)

I do plan on using it for my own hosting business as well. I will roll out new features to the control panel that I use myself first before rolling them out to customers. This way, I can make sure it is bug free before I give it to them, and make sure I am still competitive.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@CConner said:

Ympker said: Im working on a gameserver panel as well but bash based maybe a small web ui.

Do you have a link to your control panel? I'd love to take a look.

There is none yet but it will all be ln GitHub once it's ready :)

Thanked by 1CConner

Ympker said: There is none yet but it will all be ln GitHub once it's ready :)

Cool, be sure to notify me :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@CConner said:

Ympker said: There is none yet but it will all be ln GitHub once it's ready :)

Cool, be sure to notify me :)

I will for sure :P

Thanked by 1CConner
  • @CConner Is that a template? Looks like AdminLTE.

• This looks awesome. Best of luck.

edited July 2017

doghouch said: @CConner Is that a template? Looks like AdminLTE.

Yes, it is AdminLTE. It has served us well, however we are at a stage where it is limiting us, so we are currently developing our own template.

Thanked by 1doghouch

sdglhm said: This looks awesome. Best of luck.

Thank you!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@teamacc said:

@joepie91 said:

No serious business will run pirated billing/management software. Which means that the only potential 'customers' you lose are the summerhosts that would have otherwise purchased a license, which is 1) a tiny group (it's not like the average summerhost cares about control panel quality too much, so there are plenty free options), and 2) not a profitable group (they're small, and go out of business fast).

Hell, there's a good chance that they might be unprofitable to have as a customer purely due to the high support demand they are likely to introduce, while running a small operation and therefore not paying you very much in the first place. I wouldn't consider it a great loss to not have these providers as customers

@pbgben said:

@Hxxx said:

How did that work out for you with Virtkick? :)

Thanked by 1Hxxx

I am going to be offering self-hosted solutions, however there is still some dependency on my servers then for the licensing. Lets say my server goes offline for whatever reason, then the control panels try to verify the license and they fail to do so, how to handle this? Have it make multiple attempts before it shuts down the control panel? How does WHCMS
    or any other platform handle this?