Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4G Phablet - Any feedback?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4G Phablet - Any feedback?

Wanna get it for my girlfriends bd :) Any experiences to share that you had with Xiaomi? Never used them :P

Comments

• Honestly I don't recommend Xiaomi, they harvest data to compensate for their cheap prices. If you want some cheap good shit, google up OnePlus, they're incredible value for what they offer.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ayylmao said:
    Honestly I don't recommend Xiaomi, they harvest data to compensate for their cheap prices. If you want some cheap good shit, google up OnePlus, they're incredible value for what they offer.

I have an OP3 myself however with a ~150€ budget that's nowhere near^^

• YuraYura Member
    edited July 2017

@Ayylmao said:
    Honestly I don't recommend Xiaomi, they harvest data to compensate for their cheap prices.

Lol. Do you imagine the scope of Google's data harvesting? The company behind Android ;)

If you hate MIUI for some reasons then just flash an alternative firmware like LineageOS or something.

@Ympker said:
    Wanna get it for my girlfriends bd :) Any experiences to share that you had with Xiaomi? Never used them :P

Xiaomi is fine. Hardware is decent, firmware is slick and no blow-ups yet. At the end of the day, they (Chinese droid phones) are all the same, imho.

Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • Xiaomi build quality is good IMO.
    Dropped my RN3 from 3ft more than a couple times.

Just flash LineageOS if you're concerned about phone-home privacy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RayhanRayhan Member
    edited July 2017

Xiaomi is the world's 5th largest smartphone maker in 2015. They are a privately owned Chinese electronics company headquartered in Beijing. Xiaomi is the best budget smartphone provider in Asia. If you want to buy a piece of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from online, you may look into GearBest or Banggood. They can ship this to world's most country within 30 days.

• Incredibly good phones for what they cost. I also love MIUI, so much better than stock Android.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

xiaomi has some serious quality control issues. Your phone will either work well or be a pile of garbage

• HaxHax Member

There are two versions, Snapdragon and MediaTek, actually more than two, but just these two that are available internationally.

MTK is faster, but it's less efficient and has bad support compared to SD. If you don't like MIUI and plan to install custom ROM, get the SD one.

• quickquick Member

The only shitty part is the warranty

Thanked by 1netomx
  • saibalsaibal Member

@SPUZE said: You mention "bd" in your tread. Is it Bangladesh?

He meant Birthday

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@saibal said:

@SPUZE said: You mention "bd" in your tread. Is it Bangladesh?

He meant Birthday

Yeah... "birthday" .

Sorry (:

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Surprisingly good phones, I bought 2 of them for my parents - mother got mediatek version and father got snapdragon version. Mediatek one is faster but battery life on snapdragon version is bloody amazing. It's their first Android experience coming from Nokia 720s.

Thanked by 2Ympker netomx
  • saf31saf31 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Looks cool :P

What about the Huawei P8 Lite? Currently for 129€ on sale. Comes with Android 5.0 by default but they offer upgrade to Android 6 via their HiCare app apparently so should be good. Android 5 sounded a bit ancient haha

• go ahead and grab it ... make sure you buy the Snapdragon variant ...

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • xaocxaoc Member

I like the redmi note 4 more than the s7, better network coverage and amazing battery life. The sd version will most likely get miui9 with droid7 too.

• williewillie Member

I got a Moto G4+ unlocked 32GB from Newegg for $170 a couple months ago, outstanding deal imho. They now have the 64GB G5+ at $299, an even nicer phone, and I'd consider that if I were buying today. After the crapware drama of a couple years ago they are shipping these very close to crap-free. I haven't yet looked into installing an alternative OS but want to do so sometime.

• @agoldenberg said:
    xiaomi has some serious quality control issues. Your phone will either work well or be a pile of garbage

Actually they are from the same factory that also produces iPhone. So the serious issues you mentioned are just common to all electrical devices and will happen on anyone if he's not that lucky.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@greyhound I've owned several xiaomi phones and only maybe 1 in 5 has been good for any more than a year before dying. I've had the Redmi Note 3 the Mi5, Mi5s, and a couple others that all crapped out from hardware failures such as the cpu locking up or the ram dying on the board and good luck getting service or support in North America.

Not worth the hassle at all.

• sentarumsentarum Member
    edited July 2017

I have Samsung J7 Prime before, less sensor and expensive, I sell it and after that I buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x with 625 Snapdragon Processor and I love it :)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Buy Sony, DoCoMo, Panasonic. I have Android based Sony mobile which is 4 year old and still working.

• I really like my Redmi Note 3 Pro - although I went for the special edition with LTE band 20 support.
    I definitely suggest spending a few bucks more and get one of the special editions or global version if you live in Europe (Xiaomi is quite inconsistent with naming, only a few global versions have band 20 support).
    Overall it's absolutely sufficient for anything that I do, the only downside being the less-than-stellar camera.

MIUI isn't for everybody, I just went for CyanogenMod 13 and recently I finally switched to LineageOS 14.1. Works great so far.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DamianDamian Member

I keep looking at the Chinese 'droid phones but just can't get excited about them, because all of them have lackluster cameras. My main usage mode for a smartphone is to take pictures of everything, so a top-notch camera is paramount for me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • guyz92guyz92 Member

Get the Redmi Note 4 with SnapDragon 625 variant.

If import from China, make sure you get the Redmi Note 4X with SD625. The 4GB/64GB is running MTK X20 chipset.

You can Flash it with Lingage OS to remove bloatware from MIUI.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • @Damian said:
    I keep looking at the Chinese 'droid phones but just can't get excited about them, because all of them have lackluster cameras. My main usage mode for a smartphone is to take pictures of everything, so a top-notch camera is paramount for me.

Same here. I'm attracted to Chinese phones for price vs power, but as a new father I need a camera phone that is top notch to capture all the special moments. I ended up going with the Samsung S7 Edge essentially only for the superior camera capability.

• @rajprakash said:

@Damian said:

Same here. I'm attracted to Chinese phones for price vs power, but as a new father I need a camera phone that is top notch to capture all the special moments. I ended up going with the Samsung S7 Edge essentially only for the superior camera capability.

So, you need Asus Zoom S for Superior Camera capability :)

• DamianDamian Member

sentarum said: So, you need Asus Zoom S for Superior Camera capability :)

The Asus phones would indeed be closest to meeting my requirements, however, I've experienced Asus' customer service regarding their motherboards and tablets, both of which has been appalling, so not interested in trying their phones.

• a really good smartphone

• bapbap Member

have an redmi 4x, it is an amazing spec with good price, phone with superb build quality, love the material, love the design.