Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over 2 days Downtime ... ! ( Bad VPS )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Over 2 days Downtime ... ! ( Bad VPS )

shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
edited March 2013 in Reviews

i buy a VPS from dosservers.ca for one week ... just for testing purpose ... unfortunately it give me over 2 days downtime ... and no reply for support tickets ... so i don't pay it for second term ... beware from dosservers.ca ... this is for buyers attention ...

thanks ...

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'm fairly certain the owner of that company is on this forum. @dosserversca or something like that...

• @shovenose said: I'm fairly certain the owner of that company is on this forum. @dosserversca or something like that...

Yup, that's him

• @BronzeByte : yeah ... it may be one of his sites ...

• what's up with all the dots?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

probably not native English speaker.

• @Bogdacutuu : hey ... it's my style ...

• @shovenose : yes ... i'm not a native English speaker ... you are correct ... i'm from Sri Lanka ... just 19 years old yet ... sorry for my bad English ... i think foreign peoples are accept me as a normal person ... without language problem ... i try to learn English ... :D

• @shyaminayesh: no problem, I was just curious. I hope you'll solve your problems with @dosserversca :)

• Oh my lord, all those dots -.- you could make a whole minecraft map with all those dots

• @Bogdacutuu : they are not reply me yet, i saw they are promote there servers here so i post this here ...

@joodle : i'm trying to stop posting dots, very sorry for my mistake. :D

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2013

@shyaminayesh said: i buy a VPS from dosservers.ca for one week ... just for testing purpose ... unfortunately it give me over 2 days downtime ... and no reply for support tickets ... so i don't pay it for second term ... beware from dosservers.ca ... this is for buyers attention ...

thanks ...

dosservers.ca...
    DoSServers.ca...
    Denial of Service Servers...
    hahhahaahah that's a good one. :D
    Interesting name for a VPS hosting company. :)

• lol now this thread is funny

• @Janevski : yeah, i enjoy in real DOS environment for just three days. :P
    @ZinnVPS : lol, exactly dos.

• support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

@shyaminayesh They are mitigating big dDOS attacks :P

• From wikipedia:

In computing, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users.

In this case the resource "support" has been overloaded

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@shyaminayesh said: sorry for my bad English

Your English is certainly much better than my Sinhalese :-)

• @BronzeByte said: In this case the resource "support" has been overloaded

so you go it correct at least

• dosserverscadosserversca Member
    edited March 2013

Hello,

We did notice our clients about the problem we faced

We wrote an email for all clients (Date 03/12/2013):

Hello,

Some of you noticed from yesterday that ther is no connection to VPS, This is due cable network failure that was connecting the nodes to the internet so the nodes are up and working and vps also working only no network connection.

The DC trying to fix that but they told us ther is other problems in the rack with the switch that they try to fix, We asked them to change switch and try to fix him on some test rack they refused :(

So right now we waiting for this to be fixed, After that we looking now another dc to switch ther in Germany.

We sorry for what happen but its not in our hands :(

We expecting that to be end tomorrow.

• @dosserversca : ok, i'll contact you soon for my backup ... thanks ...

@raindog308 said: Your English is certainly much better than my Sinhalese :-)

hey where are u from :D

• @shyaminayesh don't feel like you have to learn it. I know it is shocking to the rest of the world But there are enlightened Americans that won't hold you to that standard. And Sri Lanka is BEAUTIFUL!

• We did resend reminder email now

We also adding new option as called "backup node" So every client that will order vps from us will choice 2 locations the main location of vps and backup so this will do backup every 24h to the vps and in case of problems in main location the client can fireup the vps in another location :)

• @dosserversca : got your email now, but i'm unhappy with your service, :(

• @shyaminayesh said: got your email now, but i'm unhappy with your service, :(

I understand that but as you know its not in our hands this can happen with every provider and every DC what i agree is the time for fixing that took to that DC too much time and its not over yet. I was talking with the DC and was already going buy ticket to Germany, If tomorrow it wont be end as the manager promise me im going to Germany take the servers we colocating in that DC and moving to another DC

• The DC trying to fix that but they told us ther is other problems in the rack with the switch that they try to fix, We asked them to change switch and try to fix him on some test rack they refused :(

So right now we waiting for this to be fixed, After that we looking now another dc to switch ther in Germany.

Is your current DC webtropia/myLoc?

• @DomainBop said: Is your current DC webtropia/myLoc?

Myloc

We have few servers we colocating and 5 we renting from Webtropia

• @dosserversca : what is the problem, server hardware issue or network issue ... what kind of hardware use in that server ... cisco or any other brand, can you tell me about it,

• shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
    edited March 2013

with the switch that they try to fix,

if they are not back switch settings to tftp server or any other method for quick replacement ...