Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X4B | Anycast DDoS Protection | $7 for a Limited Time | AMS, LON, MIM, ASH, DAL, LAX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X4B | Anycast DDoS Protection | $7 for a Limited Time | AMS, LON, MIM, ASH, DAL, LAX

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited July 2017 in Offers

X4B DDoS Protection is proud to announce to launch the first stage release our next generation Anycast DDoS Protection product and the release of our first Low End plan.

AS136165: The network

Current PoPs:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • London, United Kingdom
  • Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • Dallas, TX, USA
  • Asburn, VA, USA
  • Miami, FL, USA NEW

Test IP / Looking Glass: https://lg.x4b.net/ (103.77.224.2)

The Deal

Product Line: Standard Anycast DDoS Protection

Protection: 100Gbps / 100Mpps Guarunteed

Clean Bandwidth included: 25GB (upgrades available)

Price: $7 (with coupon: LE30PCT)

Valid Until: 28/07/2017 (unless we sell out)

Order Link

You won't find another comparable Anycast offering in this price range.

The 20 Questions:

Why Anycast?

An anycast network is more redundant, and fault resilient than a regular single PoP network. By announcing in multiple distinct locations we gain redundancy against network and server failure as well as the ability to reduce latency by taking in the connection closer to the source.

Anycast also allows for an increase in Mitigation capacity (particularly Layer 7) and overall throughput per service.

Is this more complicated than a regular filtered service?

For most setups it shouldn't be :) We still provide all the same guides and scripts for setup.

Can I point one or more Anycast PoP at a single server?

Yes you can select which Anycast PoP should be forwarding to each defined backend.

Can each PoP communicate with my server direct?

Yep.

Optionally with GRE Tunnelling you can also choose to have all PoPs pointed at a single backend, and for that backend to communicate with the appropriate PoP all via a single internal IP address; or you can define only a single tunnel (the choice is yours!)

This is an Anycast IP, can I connect out?

We have worked hard to build a solution that is able to function in every way like a regular Remote Protection service. With a GRE tunnel you can make outgoing connections. There may be a small delay for the first few packets while we create an optimized route through the network.

What about Support?

Low End plans have support Priority capped at Medium. Support for Low End plans is provided in a reduced capacity.

The Technical Stuff

Featuring:

• Redundant internal backhaul, resilient against communication failures
  • Internal Mesh network, ingress traffic at one PoP and egress it at another (no complex configuration required!)
  • Direct Server Return (DSR) from the first filtering hop wherever possible for minimal latency
  • Able to handle all kinds of PoP switches, rejoins and splits without interruption
  • Support for tunnels to one or more filtering PoPs (with or without BGP) for redundancy
  • China Telecom & CN2 optimized routes in L.A
  • Multihomed w/ Telia and Tinet and Peering
Thanked by 1leyton

Comments

• noqqkknoqqkk Member

SplitIce said: Valid Until: 28/06/2017

28/06/2017 ??????

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@noqqkk: Time machine is not included.

Thanks.

• noqqkknoqqkk Member

I am currently using your Multi-Homed (2 PoPs). Actually I am not familiar with DDos, I just know my website can get more protection after using your service.

(1) What difference between Multi-Homed and above Anycast DDoS Protection?

(2) Should I change my Multi-Homed to above Anycast DDoS Protection?

@noqqkk

You get all of the same features and more (more locations, more functionality, one IP - easier to use). Plus it's probably cheaper per month (it definitely is for larger DNS Multihomed services) :)

@noqqkk

And feel free to use the 30% coupon. There is no restrictions for existing customers, and it applies to all Anycast plans.

• filefile Member

Very cool! Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this and made a very nice solution. I was going to ask some questions but decided to just go ahead and sign up, thinking that your UI would answer the questions for me - and it did.

@file Thanks I'm glad you like it.

BTW there is a new UI coming, hopefully within the month. I wanted to have it out before the big reveal but I couldn't wait.

Lots of exciting things happening over the next 3 months. And mostly based around this product line :)

• leytonleyton Member

I was thinking of this service last night, and looked over your beta post again in the hope that you'd updated it.

Time to spend some money...

@leyton Sorry mate, the feedback came back positive.

Enjoy a deal instead :)

• nielsniels Member
    edited July 2017

What's up with the Miami location? I seem to connect to Ashburn from a location in Miami.

Also, the Miami location is not listed on the Network Status / Our Datacenters pages of your website.

@niels Sorry we are in the process of updating the status page in respect to the new product line.

We have a reported issue in Miami which we are investigating. As such the location is temporarily disabled as a precaution.

• nielsniels Member

Is it only the looking glass for which the location is disabled? Any idea when it will be up again?

The location was taken offline for the /24 announced. It's currently back up, however we may need to take it offline again for maintenance depending on the result of an investigation. As always traffic re-routes to the closest PoP (in this case Ashburn, Virginia) w/o interruption.

• EdmondEdmond Member

Tempting to grab it to protect my gameserver... thinking.. bandwidth....

• Posting here since it's the more relevant thread :

Does the bundled 2-zone rage4 dns have their geodns feature enabled ?

For queries/month, around 1-2MM is plenty for me.

edited July 2017

@vimalware At this stage it doesn't as we haven't put a UI control in for it. But providing you don't want to make frequent changes I'm happy to set it manually for you.

Thanked by 1vimalware