Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

farnoX summer special: Intel i5 dedicated server and 2 GB pure-SSD VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

farnoX summer special: Intel i5 dedicated server and 2 GB pure-SSD VPS

farnoxfarnox Member
edited June 2017 in Offers

Today, we have two special offers to share with all of you.

Dedicated Server LEB-52400
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 4x 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 memory (16 GB +5.00€ monthly)
HDD: 500 GB HDD or 120 GB SSD (2x 500 GB +5.00€ monthly)
Network: 100 MBit/s connection (high quality: 20 GBit/s DTAG, 20 GBit/s Level 3, 10 GBit/s GTT, 20 GBit/s DE-CIX, 10 GBit/s AMS-IX)
IPv4: 1x IPv4 (up to three free, more on request)
IPv6: 1x /64 native
CPU Benchmark: 5897
29,00€ per month
Details and order

(1 EUR = 1,14 USD)

We offer a 20% recurring discount on the server and all upgrades if you pay yearly (23,20€ per month) and a 10% discount if you pay quarterly (26.10€ per month).

The server can be reinstalled via PXE using our control panel. You can either select fully-automated installation or VNC/SSH installation. Latter will boot the installer via network and spin up an SSH/VNC server to allow you to install the OS manually. See our wiki for a full list of available OS (including all major Linux distributions and Windows Server).

We allow customization to a very high degree. You can send in your own hardware or buy upgrades from us.

These Sandy Bridge machines are still very powerful. Perfect for a Plex box or even virtualization (we even offer a Proxmox image).

How to order:
Sign up on our website and either add a credit card or add enough credit to pay for the first billing period. Then click the order link and configure your server.

CloudServer LEB-SSD-SUMMER17
CPU: 2x vCPU
RAM: 2 GB DDR4
SSD: 20 GB SSD
Network: 1000 MBit/s port (Fair use)
IPv4: 1x IPv4 (more on request)
IPv6: 1x /64
5.00€ per month
Details and order

Our CloudServers are KVM-based virtual machines. We offer all major Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora) for automated installation. Custom ISOs will be available in the control panel soon and can currently be inserted via support.

Check out our wiki for some more information:
Network
Available Operating Systems (CloudServer)
Available Operating Systems (Dedicated Server)
IPv4 pricing and IPv6 setup

We operate a colocation at the Accelerated data center in Frankfurt, Germany. All servers are protected by a UPS and diesel generator.

Looking Glass

We accept PayPal, Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), SEPA credit transfer and SEPA direct debit (if you successfully paid the first month via SEPA credit transfer from the same bank account).

Comments

• Edited very, very slightly as yearly dedicated deals unfortunately aren't allowed.

However! Rest assured viewers of this offer thread, I can reveal that it's cheaper to buy it yearly if you want to.

• YuraYura Member

So i5-2400/16GB RAM/1TB HDD costs 39€.

I'm glad I pay 8.99€ to Kimsufi for this exact same spec ;)

• saibalsaibal Member

Yura said: I'm glad I pay 8.99€ to Kimsufi for this exact same spec ;)

Some of the KS i5s come with i5-3570S/16 GB/2TB also.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Yura said: I'm glad I pay 8.99€ to Kimsufi for this exact same spec ;)

I'm happy to pay more to @farnox and get personal support and decent network connectivity.

Thanked by 2pike farnox
  • farnoxfarnox Member

Not comparable at all. This comes with way better network and real support in a top-quality location.

Anyway, Kimsufi isn't a lot cheaper anyway (26.17€ for i5-2300) and they take a setup fee.

No one can beat OVHs pricing and this shouldn't be top priority anyway. We focus on other things (support, network).

@brueggus Thank you very much!

• pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2017

http://i.imgur.com/MRyqlCV.jpg

So 500GB Traffic is just a placeholder or it is limited to 500GB?
    You advertise it as "Network: 1000 MBit/s port (Fair use)" which I understand as unmetered.

• farnoxfarnox Member

@pike It's a placeholder. Don't worry.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2017

@farnox said:
    @pike It's a placeholder. Don't worry.

Nice! Thank you :D

Benchmark started on Fri Jun 30 20:18:43 UTC 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.1.0
    CPU Cores       : 2
    Frequency       : 3000.000 MHz
    Memory          : 1962 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 10 min,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.16.0-4-amd64
    Hostname        : anon.ymo.us

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 127.0.0.1

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        109MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          7.87MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       6.94MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       6.16MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       6.11MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       2.45MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          8.33MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       3.46MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         37.7MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        39.9MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 609 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 509 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 415 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 511 MB/s

Additionally I downloaded the 10GB test file from hetzner and got constant 112 MB/s.

No need to mention the ping is superior. 19ms to my place instead of 25ms like other servers in central germany. But I expected that looking on your datacenter. Can't wait to get my OpenVPN setup done and start gaming :D

Thanked by 1farnox
  • farnoxfarnox Member

@pike Thank you for your feedback!

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2017

@farnox said:
    @pike Thank you for your feedback!

tfw you connect to your VPN while playing and ping increase is <1ms.

Thank you for this!

Thanked by 1farnox
  • farnoxfarnox Member

We offer the Dedicated Server for 19€ per month. Only available while stock lasts.

Intel Core i5-2400 4x 3.40 GHz
    8 GB DDR3
    500 GB HDD
    100 MBit/s
    19€ per month

Order now

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran

My server got deployed today, I created a benchmark (including hardware information, ping, traceroute, network speed, I/O test, cpu benchmark) for LET crowd. Can do ping test to a given IP if someone needs this.

I really like @farnox so far and I'm looking forward to keep using his services for my dedicated gameserver/VoIP server applications. Just have a look at the benchmark and you know why :)

Thanked by 1farnox
  • farnoxfarnox Member

@pike Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback!

• iceveiceve Member

@pike have you test the upload speed? I'm using speedtest_cli.py script, but the upload speed is not good keep around 7M/s, not like the VPS one.
    @farnox thanks for your hard work, and good support, but i want find out the problem.Maybe we can check this together.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2017

@iceve said:
    @pike have you test the upload speed? I'm using speedtest_cli.py script, but the upload speed is not good keep around 7M/s, not like the VPS one.

root@game ~ # wget -O /dev/null http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1GB.bin
    --2017-07-14 15:08:21--  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1GB.bin
    Resolving xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)|xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1048576000 (1000M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null              100%[=============================>]   1000M   111MB/s   in 9.0s

2017-07-14 15:08:30 (111 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [1048576000/1048576000]

Anything seems fine to me atm.

Thanked by 1iceve
  • kaskikaski Member
    edited July 2017

I took the i5-2400 dedi offer with 1000 MBit/s Port upgrade. Benchmarks:

@iceve I also had problems with the speedtest_cli.py script results and actually emailed support for it. I had fast and friendly replies and @farnox actually tested my server. They did not find any problems with it. With further investigation it seems that for some reason the speedtest_cli script gives wrong results, never ever had problems with it before. I get more accurate results with iperf3 and I can actually download faster from my server with my home connection than what speedtest_cli results shows for my server upload. Sadly I don't have other 1G server to give more tests.

Thanked by 2farnox iceve
  • farnoxfarnox Member

@kaski Thank you for your feedback!

• iceveiceve Member

@kaski Thanks for your feedback, I have bad luck, my server died on my first day. @farnox going to replace a new one for me. And yep, not sure the real reason about the network speed. @farnox made a test under live CD mode, The result is pretty good. Hope i'm lucky on the new one.
    And thanks for @farnox 's hard work.

• luckyrepoluckyrepo Member
    edited July 2017

Just ordered one. Didn't notice the 7 days it takes to activate the server. That part kinda sucks. Was going off the claim of "Ready to go in 60 seconds"

• farnoxfarnox Member

@luckyrepo That only applys to our CloudServer. We will make sure to get it online as soon as possible.

• @farnox said:
    @luckyrepo That only applys to our CloudServer. We will make sure to get it online as soon as possible.

Thank you. That would be appreciated.

• Update. Server deployed in three days. Looks to be running fine but I'll do some tests when I get home.

Thanked by 1farnox