Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS4A Sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS4A Sale

2»

Comments

• jeff9023jeff9023 Member
    edited July 2017

I have purchased three KS-4A servers at this time.

The CPU of them are all Intel W3530 2.8G.

Thanked by 2vimalware mikewazar
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

And it's out of stock.

• any updates from the Canadian one, how is the CPU? mine is still under provisioning

• AidanAidan Member

any updates from the Canadian one, how is the CPU? mine is still under provisioning

CPU's are good, seems like it's mostly i7 920/950 & xeon W3530's - benchmarks are a couple of posts above your one.

• Bhs is rubbish for what I use them.
    Got atoms in the past, an today a 920@ r b x.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Don't ask me why this is a featured thread, or why it's the most popular thread of the day...

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    Don't ask me why this is a featured thread, or why it's the most popular thread of the day...

Stop trying to be most popular. Go sober and stop caring!

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2017

I haven't seen a comparable dedi offer from a credible dedi provider in north america up til now. There have been some slightly better European offers like online's. I just renewed my KS-2E(?) for another 6 months earlier today, sigh. I'd have been happy to trade it up to a KS-4C. Looks like I'd have to set up yet another OVH/Kimsufi account to get this, too. I'm going back and forth... I don't really want 5 dedis...

Edit: just ordered KS-4C for 3 months since I'm a doofus.

Edit 2: cpu is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz. I ran the install script and chose Debian 9. It installed Debian 7. I'll upgrade it with apt-get but that is lame.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

It's out of stock for france version (KS-4A), still in stock for canada (KS-4C)

• williewillie Member

added: my disk is HGST HUS724020ALA640 with 19837 POH, no obvious SMART problems, not bad. 2.2 years = probably still in warranty even.

• Not getting validated on the US site for the KS-4C and deal expired. Apparently kimsufi.com and us.kimsufi.com have separate login & validation requirements..

• trvztrvz Member

Ordered one in France, got 4790k CPU. Makes up for the high price.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@trvz said:

Need to order also one, NOW.

• @trvz said:

link?

• Yeah, but the account isn't validated so stuck in limbo. Don't know why you need two IDs, and the funny thing is both have same email ID! Different databases, I guess...

• hzrhzr Member

advarisk said: Yeah, but the account isn't validated so stuck in limbo. Don't know why you need two IDs, and the funny thing is both have same email ID! Different databases, I guess...

Intentional different databases and different company entities to prevent US from exerting complete power over ovh eu

• williewillie Member

I wasn't asked for any ID, but I have accounts at several of the other OVH properties, so maybe they connected them. I did get a Verified By Visa interception and had to call the card company to get the charge approved.

I remember being in a validation hold at kimsufi.ie when I got my KS-2E. They eventually released it without asking ID from me there either, but I had opened a ticket with them noting that I had an ovh.us account with active services.

• For Canadian KS4C, i' ve just got i5-3570s cpu, is that better than w3530?

• vishvish Member

@trvz said:

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog ehab
  • williewillie Member

The i5 is a bit faster (per passmark) but the w3530 is a Xeon and if it comes with ECC ram, that might be worth the trade down in speed.

• fLoofLoo Member

@tamicrealo said:
    For Canadian KS4C, i' ve just got i5-3570s cpu, is that better than w3530?

By far.

• @willie said:
    The i5 is a bit faster (per passmark) but the w3530 is a Xeon and if it comes with ECC ram, that might be worth the trade down in speed.

Xeon just a name for server line. :)

• @hawkjohn7 said:

@willie said:

Xeon just a name for server line. :)

Nope, W in W3530 stands for workstation :p

• @tamicrealo said:
    For Canadian KS4C, i' ve just got i5-3570s cpu, is that better than w3530?

I would think so: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-W3530-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570

• williewillie Member

It occurs to me, I used to pay around $60/m for this exact same server at BHS, under the OVH brand, except that one had 2x 2TB instead of 1x.

• damn, to late :/