Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news from nodion?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any news from nodion?

lurchlurch Member

I have a nodion vps which I'm very happy with and went to order another and was greeted with

We are currently undergoing maintenance.
This might take some days. We will be back > with major improvements.

If you need assistance please don't hesitate > to contact us.

Great news I though as hoping the virtkick upgrade/replacement will finally happen. While I was on their site thought I'd login and found their page https://cloud.nodion.com/auth/login is now 404 the same as https://cloud.nodion.com/auth/register

I emailed them at the start of this month and as yet no reply. Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited July 2017

I emailed them a few days ago regarding a problem I had (server kernel panicked...) and got a response in 20 minutes. So they are still there. Also maybe tag them real quick: @nik

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • lurchlurch Member

Maybe the email got lost somewhere then. Are you able to access your vps cp reboot etc?

• No, thats why I sent them an email.

• Also have VPS with them and until now love the service. Almost no network problems or downtime. @Nik also seems to be a great guy!

Of course their virtkick panel was the cause of almost all the issues I had with them. Also noticed the maintenance page for a few days now. Really hope they can get their client panel to properly work soon.

I heard they wanted to replace virtkick with a build-in in house panel. It's a good idea.. but that takes a lot of time and resources... so don't know what is the roadmap of that.. but if still has a long way to go I would suggest them to just go with a pre-build system like SolusVM/WHMCS or other just to make "thinks work". With time they can with calm develop their own panel...

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @nqservices they have been developing the panel for a while. Im guessing they are now migrating. But an ETA or even just updates would be appreciated.

• lurchlurch Member

A quick email from them explaining what was happening would have been helpful. As it is no one has access to their vps control panel to reinstall etc. Having the login page 404 is bad as they could have redirected it to a proper status page.

• @MagicalTrain said:
    @nqservices they have been developing the panel for a while. Im guessing they are now migrating. But an ETA or even just updates would be appreciated.

Hope so and that their new panel to be good! And yes, informing their clients about this process would be nice ;)

• BochiBochi Member

My VPS with them is running fine with currently >114days of uptime and I am also awaiting the replacement of Virtkick, so please @nik shine some light on this. :)

• niknik Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

Hi guys,

we are still alive and will be back. We had to take Virtkick down even though our own panel is not quite finished yet. We know this is everything but ideal but we are working hard to have the best solution looking into the future.

If you need any help please feel free to contact us via email. We are here to help and will reply to you as soon as possible. If your email got lost please resend it, maybe it went straight to the spam folder.

VMs will continue to run just fine as they did in the past, so don't worry.

As soon as the panel is done we have a solid base looking into the future and actually can build the Nodion we had in mind when starting with Virtkick, sadly Virtkick hasn't worked out so we had to improvise a bit but we will be back on track very soon.

I am really really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, it's 100% my fault and I don't want to blame Virtkick too much, it was my fault going with them in the first place.

Edit: @nqservices thanks for your suggestion but SolusVM and WHMCS are no option for us. It would be the same mistake we made with Virtkick. We need full control over everything, everything else doesn't make much sense imo. We learned our lesson.

• How long roughly do you think the transition will take? A few days? A week? A few weeks? Just to know a rough time window.

• WSSWSS Member

@MagicalTrain said:
    How long roughly do you think the transition will take? A few days? A week? A few weeks? Just to know a rough time window.

So far, it's been about a year.. or feels like it, so..

• lurchlurch Member

@nik thanks for the update look forward to the new panel. Was there a reason you didn't inform customers that you were doing this and that they wouldn't have access to their control panel but rather just 404'd.

• williewillie Member

Didn't realize they still were running any LET vps's. They cancelled all the $10 ones and refunded everyone who had them. Seemed understandable and the refund made it ok imho.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@lurch said:
    @nik thanks for the update look forward to the new panel. Was there a reason you didn't inform customers that you were doing this and that they wouldn't have access to their control panel but rather just 404'd.

I don't know much about their company's operations of course, but the response above comes across to me as "it was on fire and we needed to put out the fire immediately". Not sure what's going on, but it sounds like continuing to use VirtKick was considered an active risk.

• lurchlurch Member

That's fine these things happen but after it happened a quick email or changing the login page to a status page would have been nice especially as I first noticed it nearly 2 weeks ago.

• @willie said:
    Didn't realize they still were running any LET vps's. They cancelled all the $10 ones and refunded everyone who had them. Seemed understandable and the refund made it ok imho.

Still have a 12EUR VPS running in DE, didn't hear about the cancellation.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2017

@advarisk said:

@willie said:

Still have a 12EUR VPS running in DE, didn't hear about the cancellation.

Me too. I have a 12EUR VPS in their DE Datacenter and until now all is working perfect!

• cezcez Member

@nik Any news?

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

This isn't precisely true. Their system was setup in such a fucked up way (thanks, VirtKick) that if you removed a $10 host, the only want to recreate it was to add the same package to your cart, then go into the system and rebuild it for the $10/yr. Without doing so, the settings were no longer available.

I think I have like 300+ days there for 3 KVMs.

@cez said:
    @nik Any news?

Sadly not yet. If you need any help please feel free to contact us and we will take care of everything manually in the meantime.

@WSS said:

@willie said:

This isn't precisely true. Their system was setup in such a fucked up way (thanks, VirtKick) that if you removed a $10 host, the only want to recreate it was to add the same package to your cart, then go into the system and rebuild it for the $10/yr. Without doing so, the settings were no longer available.

I think I have like 300+ days there for 3 KVMs.

Ye, it's also not true that we cancelled all $10 machines, I don't know where @willie got this info from but we still have hundreds of $10 and $12 machines running and from our side we havn't cancelled anything.

Thanked by 4uptime WSS cez BBTN
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@nik said: Ye, it's also not true that we cancelled all $10 machines, I don't know where @willie got this info from but we still have hundreds of $10 and $12 machines running and from our side we havn't cancelled anything.

Perhaps @willie was confusing you with ContraWeb ...

Thanked by 1bersy
  • williewillie Member

angstrom said:

Perhaps @willie was confusing you with ContraWeb ...

Oh whoops, that's exactly right. Sorry, Nik!

• @nik any updates?

• @nik over 2 months now?

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122963/nodion-closing-netherlands-location

looks like he's moving to 23media.de network since his other company https://www.webstack.de is already there and thats the only way beside core-backbone to get cheap LGI traffic in germany.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited September 2017

Just what I said from day 1: nodion is great but virtkick is a fucking disease. Now that festering boil has all but brought them down.

Good luck, @nik. May you soon be done with your own panel.

I am afraid I don't have any updates for now. We are still working to get everything sorted and ready. Please note that this is not only about the panel, as @Butters noticed we will be moving from our current datacenter to the Telehouse and Interxion in Frankfurt. As you guys can imagine it wouldn't make much sense to launch a panel in a datacenter that is not our future. So as soon as everything is ready we will not only launch the panel but have some big news to share.

This is also why it takes so long and I can't provide anyone with any ETA. We are working hard to get everything going, but I am afraid we still need our time to get everything back on track.

@bdsguy This is something we regret so much, but it's completely my fault.

Thanked by 3cez williclarkam bersy
  • nik said: it wouldn't make much sense to launch a panel in a datacenter that is not our future

What was wrong with active-servers?

• Monthly update @nik ?

• He got drunk at the Yeti hodown we had this weekend. Please be patient.