Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your side project? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your side project?

Comments

• dedipromodedipromo Member
    edited July 2017

@time4vps said:

dedipromo said: Just finished off my domain bulk search bot last month

Nice... It should be ported to Python and released as small, handy online tool :)

Wish I know how to write in python :-p

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vfuse said:
    Just finished Slack (outgoing webhook) integration for Nixstats, request server/monitor stats directly from Slack.

I've been working on this with Vincent (providing feedback and letting Vincent use our Rocket.Chat), both Slack and Rocket.Chat are integrated now.

Props to Vincent, he didn't get any rest until he finished everything.
    We're very proud of Nixstats, it's actually the best integration I've seen for Slack/Rocket.Chat.

I'd seriously suggest you to give it a try to Nixstats if you haven't already, and integrate it with your Slack / Rocket.Chat app. You guys are going to love the new features.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • A website to view weather models, NEXRAD radar, SPC outlooks, warning/watch, surface observations and much more.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Not much of a side project, but I threw together some scripts to automate using cloud storage (i.e. Google Drive, etc.) with Plex -- called PLEXiDRIVE. Not trying to spark another "unlimited" debate here :P

Besides that I run a gaming community. Mainly focused on CS:GO, but we have DOD:S, ARK, and Mount & Blade servers as well.

• imokimok Member
    edited July 2017

Francisco said: I'm looking to rebuild stallion soonish so i'm on the look out for UX people.

I was planning to design a control panel just for fun. I have not seen yours, but I will buy your services to see the current state of Stallion and maybe inspire me on it: P

EDIT: New York OOS :(

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I run a semi-popular Usenet indexer which I'm buildiung an automated downloader which will avoid users needing a client, built right into the site. :-)

I also plan to build OpenMon (in sig) into more once I figure out what to add... it's just a bunch of Raspberry Pi Zero's at the moment!

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

Also working on a gameserver control panel, lay-out is getting a revamp soon.
    Built all the systems myself, instead of using SSH to control the servers, I wrote my own protocol with the help of Node.JS. Supports FreeBSD, Linux and Windows.

This is what it currently is:

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@CConner said: Also working on a gameserver control panel

Looking for any beta testers? I'd be more the willing to give it a go. Would be willing to sign a NDA or whatever is required if you plan on bringing it to market.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Yeah, we really do need beta testers. Currently rewriting some of our API to optimize stuff here and there. Also improving our billing system, allowing package changes to already existing servers, and accepting a dozen payment methods including PayPal, Credit Card, Bank transfer, IDeal, Paysafe card etc.

I plan on renting out this control panel on Virtual Dedicated Servers and Dedicated Servers provided by us, either managed or un-managed. We will also be working on allowing users to put it on to their own servers. The control panel will remain to be hosted by us.

Send me an e-mail at [email protected] so I can contact you when it is ready to be tested.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • DETioDETio Member

I worked on an OS Alternative to Slack so I can advance my development skills: https://github.com/jaeko44/mumble

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I feel ashamed of myself now xD

Mine is nothing as fancy/cool as the ones already posted but just a hobby project.

https://www.exoticvm.com - Find VPS in Exotic Locations

Just a simple 1 table website listing VPSes & providers along with few information.

• WSSWSS Member

Let's see... there's THIS one (Fixing/Flipping cars):

There's this one (" " printers):

Then this one (" " computers to give to those who have served. and the poor):

And this one (rebuilding logic/SMD circuits, alarms, other goodies):

Sometimes I code, too, but shitposting is life!

Thanked by 1mayli
  • PwnerPwner Member

@WSS you've got any tips on cars? I've been doing light maintenance on mine for a few years now, but I want to look into building my own project classic car at some point. I've currently got one all original classic, so I won't dare modify it. But if I can find a cheap clunker that I won't be afraid to fiddle around with and learn all about it, it would be cool to learn how engines and transmissions operate, and eventually build my own custom muscle car. :)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@Pwner I'd start with something fairly recently- after 1995, OBDII became standard, which although sometimes is not helpful, is a lot better than not having it.

Most maintenance is just like you're doing now- a bit more in depth than changing the oil, but overall it's generally easy to do- provided you have the right tools, or are capable of making them (I made a "Swedish Fuel Pump In Tank Puller" using a $4 piece of PVC, instead of paying $30 for a flimsy use-twice-hopefully tool).

You can find cheap cars (those above, I paid $600 for, 2006 Chevy Impala former police cars- both around 110k on the ODO) by attending auctions, your local version of Craigslist, or just being in the right place at the right time.

I've never managed a muscle car yet- the closest I have is an '09 Charger with the 5.7L Hemi, but that's not a true muscle car. I wish I had bought one in the 90s when they weren't worth anything yet! :D

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • PwnerPwner Member

@WSS said:
    @Pwner I'd start with something fairly recently- after 1995, OBDII became standard, which although sometimes is not helpful, is a lot better than not having it.

Most maintenance is just like you're doing now- a bit more in depth than changing the oil, but overall it's generally easy to do- provided you have the right tools, or are capable of making them (I made a "Swedish Fuel Pump In Tank Puller" using a $4 piece of PVC, instead of paying $30 for a flimsy use-twice-hopefully tool).

You can find cheap cars (those above, I paid $600 for, 2006 Chevy Impala former police cars- both around 110k on the ODO) by attending auctions, your local version of Craigslist, or just being in the right place at the right time.

I've never managed a muscle car yet- the closest I have is an '09 Charger with the 5.7L Hemi, but that's not a true muscle car. I wish I had bought one in the 90s when they weren't worth anything yet! :D

Thanks for the advice! I started getting into cars back in high school. Originally I wasn't motivated to get my permit back then (gaming was a higher priority for me at the time, don't ask me why), but a family friend of mine called me up and asked if I wanted to learn a bit about cars, and he invited me to work on the classic I currently have, a '71 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was sitting in a garage for years, so he taught me how to replace all the rubber seals and make sure everything was fresh before taking it for a drive and testing everything. Needless to say, my motivation to drive quickly increased after that, and since then I've found cars to be a great hobby outside of working in technology. At this point in time, I'd just love to learn how everything works in a car, but in the future, it'll be more along the lines of "let's see how much horsepower can I shove into this and still make it drivable".

Thanked by 1WSS
  • k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited July 2017

This looks like it would be very easy to port to make it compatible with Rocket.Chat. What do you think about the possibility of offering this for those using RC? :)

[EDIT: I missed this comment by Mike.]

@vfuse said:

@jetchirag said:

@vfuse said:
    Just finished Slack (outgoing webhook) integration for Nixstats, request server/monitor stats directly from Slack.

Is it available for use?

Yes, instructions here.

Thanked by 2MikePT vfuse
  • @pixahex: Nice work. Kinda tempting to get into the hosting business with this UI. (Fresh/clean & something really different)

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • ewrekewrek Member

I am engineering a ¨smart¨ bike at moment. I am spending the most time now to learn making a android app.

• Spending my time trying to build a quadcopter now. Looks fun; I just ordered the parts necessary to build it! :)

• HxxxHxxx Member

All I see is a hoarder. Just a joke buddy.

@WSS said:
    Let's see... there's THIS one (Fixing/Flipping cars):

There's this one (" " printers):

Then this one (" " computers to give to those who have served. and the poor):

And this one (rebuilding logic/SMD circuits, alarms, other goodies):

Sometimes I code, too, but shitposting is life!

• WSSWSS Member

@Hxxx said:
    All I see is a hoarder. Just a joke buddy.

Most of them go away, so..

FUCK YOU.

:)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2017

I sell do PCIe and PCIe accessories and such things. A lot.

Look at this cable, can't even buy such things as average user, custom from China...

And this Mac starts to become an abomination no one at Apple ever thought could exist...

I also have a thing for PLX things to expand/share PCIe lanes...

And for attaching GPUs to small PCs for no specific reason other than benchmarking it once and looking at the insane size :') (yea yea the cat looses hair, that's most he does all day...)

And GPUs in general as well...

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

So, @William makes HumanCentipede for PCIe..

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited July 2017

I wonder if the feds can differentiate between this and a boom boom rig

• @corbpie said:

I wonder if the feds can differentiate between this and a boom boom rig

What the hell is that and what are you using it for ?

• AidanAidan Member

dotted said: What the hell is that and what are you using it for ?

Ton of GPU's = Mining, usually

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

William said: Look at this cable, can't even buy such things as average user, custom from China...

On which note: http://dirtypcbs.com/store/cables

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @dotted said:
    What the hell is that and what are you using it for ?

Test bench for HW that goes into miners.

@Aidan said:

dotted said: What the hell is that and what are you using it for ?

Ton of GPU's = Mining, usually

These are not even few % of what we are running in external locations though ;)

@joepie91 said:

William said: Look at this cable, can't even buy such things as average user, custom from China...

On which note: http://dirtypcbs.com/store/cables

Very nice, this mini pc has some custom connector for fans, might find a fitting one in their kit...

Thanked by 1GoatSeller
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@k0nsl said:
    This looks like it would be very easy to port to make it compatible with Rocket.Chat. What do you think about the possibility of offering this for those using RC? :)

[EDIT: I missed this comment by Mike.]

@vfuse said:

@jetchirag said:

@vfuse said:

Is it available for use?

Yes, instructions here.

https://github.com/NIXStats/Nixstats-integrations/tree/master/rocketchat

Thanked by 2MikePT k0nsl
  • All I do is browse Amazon (one of my favorite websites).