Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server host with full control.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server host with full control.

Hi Folks,

I have been searching for a dedicated server host that offered additional IP addresses. I ended up going with Oneprovider.com and got myself a reasonably good deal on a server with iDrac. This was important to me as i wanted to put ESXI 6.5 on there, and they only had 5.5 as an available reinstall option.

After a lot of going back and fourth is turns out that the iDrac features are disabled for end users and despite support telling me I can install a custom OS, it seems that all the option to allow me to mount my image are greyed out.

This was the last response from support:

"I have checked and the virtual media was set as auto attached, this is the correct configuration to allow customers to mount and boot their own ISO via remote console. I'm afraid that we can't allow customers to change default IDRAC configuration"

There is no way for me to mount an iso.

So, I am looking to cancel with oneprovider and i'm looking for an new host. Someone who has the following:

• ESXI 6.5 (or 6.0) as a reinstall option or the ability to load my own OS with relevant permissions
  • Minimum 8 cores
  • Minimum 16G Ram
  • Approx 2TB of storage
  • Addition IP addresses
  • Under £50 a month

There seems to be deals popping up all the time so I am hoping that you kind folks can point in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Have a look at https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-dedicated-servers-sale

These are 4 cores, but frankly they are probably better performing than any 8 core option you can get at this budget.

I'm happy to look into storage for you, please PM if you're interested.

We provide full access to IPMI / KVM / Virtual Media, and we can install ESXi 6.5 or 6.0 for you.

Hope it helps!

• Try open tickets and tell them maybe they can open the virtual media option, yesterday i was using idrac from their upstream for france (online.net) and get same situation after tell them they open the virtual media option for me

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@robohost said:
    Try open tickets and tell them maybe they can open the virtual media option, yesterday i was using idrac from their upstream for france (online.net) and get same situation after tell them they open the virtual media option for me

From the original post it seems the OP already did and was declined.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

What locations are you looking for? Only UK?

• You can upgrade esxi 5.5 to 6.0 or 6.5 using ssh. Works for me on kimsifi servers.
    Maybe that solves your problem?

• If @clouvider is in your budget, go for it eyes closed. Excellent support and network.

• Strange.

I used to have servers with them , and mount option did work in those good old days :)

• AxleukAxleuk Member

Hi VirtualByte,
    I am just looking into this route as we speak. If I can upgrade using SSH then i'm happy to stay where I am to be fair. I'll let you know how I get on.

• AxleukAxleuk Member

@VirtualByte said:
    You can upgrade esxi 5.5 to 6.0 or 6.5 using ssh. Works for me on kimsifi servers.
    Maybe that solves your problem?

That's sorted it. Many thanks.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Check out usdedicated.com or reliablesite.net - they offer IPMI on their servers.