Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I violated SpeedyKVM's terms of service to abuse promotion codes. My account was terminated.

Comments

• OflameoOflameo Member
    edited July 2017

Account Email Change or Account Ownership Change Fee

To change the email, name, or owner of an account will incur a $75 account change fee.

This is the first time I saw an email change fee. I believe you totally screwed up your client information database design if it costs that much to change an email address. There are ways to do it so you won't even have to get off your ass to have it done. You can look at mediawiki's or phpbb's source code for an example.

SpeedyKVM_Ryan you probably need to raise your base prices so you can avoid the many inconveniences that people are likely to run into.

No Upgrades

We do not offer upgrades of any kind. You should purchase the maximum specification you need from the very beginning. If you find you need more disk/cpu/ram/bandwidth in future the only option for you is to order a new VPS and move all your data to the new VPS/IP. We do not offer refunds for the old VPS when moving to a new VPS.

As for no scaling a VM up, you need a better management console.

As for part of the terms of services bdwebservices violated.

Special offer pricing and coupons are limited to 1 per customer. Special offer/discounted servers may not be used to replace existing services. Cancellation of any server will result in promotion pricing being removed from all servers ordered on special offer/discount, regular pricing for all servers will be applied.

That is in there. bdwebservices violated that rule. It is unclear if someone can use your services to replace existing services they have at some other hosting provider. For example, if I decided to move anything off of Ramnode on to SpeedyKVM that would be a violation of SpeedyKVM's terms because I replaced an existing service. I would gladly pay extra to be able to move services from VPS provider to another one over some IETF standardized protocol.

Communications with or submitted to Incero including but not limited to emails, support tickets, chats, and voice conversations are the exclusive property of Incero and are not to be copied, shared, or otherwise reproduced without prior explicit written permission from Incero. Foul, explicit, rude, or abusive language will not be tolerated and may result in immediate account termination without refund. Threats of physical violence shall be grounds for immediate termination of services without refund. Threats or discussion in private or public of taking legal action against Incero LLC or it's founders may result in immediate termination of all services at our sole discretion. We love working with our customers if there is an issue with your account please let us know directly so that we can assist you.

The termination was totally justified per terms of service. I am not sure it is legal for you to claim copyright over two party communication with an outside party. You would need some other kind of contract to enforce that in any way. You also reserve the right to share any communication with anybody without getting the other parties permission which is totally unfair.

I fear people who fear all legal action. I won't do business with anybody who has a binding arbitration agreement because I got ripped off by a phony–baloney mobile Mechanic company called Yourmechanic Inc. who later tried to doge justice by propping up a binding arbitration agreement. They knew they had no intention of providing even adequate service. I know you are going to jump at this post SpeedyKVM_Ryan, but this is not a threat of legal action, this is merely a review of your terms of service.

• @Oflameo said:
    It is unclear if someone can use your services to replace existing services they have at some other hosting provider. For example, if I decided to move anything off of Ramnode on to SpeedyKVM that would be a violation of SpeedyKVM's terms because I replaced an existing service.

You're just trolling here right?

• @MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:
    Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

Tell me please any adequate reason why having multiple accounts is a bad idea for a client. No, seriously, all blocks it and they don't know why they are doing that, if you know, let me know, please.

If customer, not fraud maker, if a customer is paying always for services what he got, why need to limit him to use only 1 account? Just for what? Are you can't manage him via WHMs? Are you have problems with taxes? Or different issues with laws? Is it prohibited by laws of the country from where you live?

The questions above bot directly related to you, but to all providers who doing copy-paste rules and don't know what they are doing. And for me will be very interesting to see the adequate and arguments answer to question: "Why do need a provider to limit his clients just PER 1 account?"

• @desperand said:

The questions above bot directly related to you, but to all providers who doing copy-paste rules and don't know what they are doing. And for me will be very interesting to see the adequate and arguments answer to question: "Why do need a provider to limit his clients just PER 1 account?"

Becouse if they didn't people would abuse their discounted offers. Simple as that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@desperand said:

@MikeA said:

@mikewazar said:
    Did you open two separate accounts to take advantage of a coupon?....

Looks like it. Ticket in screenshot says "multiple accounts". Dunno why someone would think that's ok to do.

Tell me please any adequate reason why having multiple accounts is a bad idea for a client. No, seriously, all blocks it and they don't know why they are doing that, if you know, let me know, please.

If customer, not fraud maker, if a customer is paying always for services what he got, why need to limit him to use only 1 account? Just for what? Are you can't manage him via WHMs? Are you have problems with taxes? Or different issues with laws? Is it prohibited by laws of the country from where you live?

Have you actually read this thread? Customer signed up for a second account because he found out he couldn't stack two coupons on one account.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@bdwebservices said:
    “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)”

after this reply they terminate my account and server without any notice or warning!

Uhm ... what's your complaint? From what I see speedykvm in effect actually did you a favour.

You made it unmistakably clear that you consider them a shitty company and that you regret doing business with them. @Speedykvm merely fulfilled your wish and even properly so refunding you.

About the only potential point for criticism I see is that they seem to not have provided some time for you to backup your stuff - which might have had the simple reason that there wasn't (yet) any data to save.

• I think @bdwebservices where you blew it was telling them

They are so rude, unprofessional and they kicked by their Girl Friends or Wife!

No one likes personal attacks in business matters, might as well be on the playground at school

Maybe a better response... sorry guys I was confused on the coupon and multiple accounts.... how can we fix this

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • As a counterpoint to this, a coworker and I both ordered around the same time from the same office for personal use. She got a suspension warning and explained that we were two separate entities, the servers were not for company use, and the suspension was lifted. Support was very reasonable in our case.

• You deserve it.
    I will do the same thing if you tried to cheat on this.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@jrsmith said:
    As a counterpoint to this, a coworker and I both ordered around the same time from the same office for personal use. She got a suspension warning and explained that we were two separate entities, the servers were not for company use, and the suspension was lifted. Support was very reasonable in our case.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! We are very reasonable people when countered respectfully. Misunderstandings happen, we just don't have time for nonsense, such as the replies from OP. It's easier to just move on and focus on supporting those who are helping us grow by supporting us and not cheating us. Thanks @jrsmith for the kind words. I am glad that we were able to clear things up.

Thanked by 2Aidan jrsmith
  • jaejae Member

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account

If story true, speedykvm really stupid provider...

• @jae said:

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said I can order again with regular price.

My reply was “This is my 1st and last order nonsense TOS, nonsense company, nonsense customer (it’s me)” after this reply they terminate my account

If story true, speedykvm really stupid provider...

I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

• jaejae Member

VPSlices said: I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said** I can order again with regular price.**

violate tos penalty is $10, op paid.... account terminate is different story..

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Check OP ticket response. They closed his account after his last reply on the ticket.

@jae said:

VPSlices said: I am not really sure who's the stupid here, but definitely it isn't the provider, if you violate any provider's terms of service, it's your fault for whatever happens next, as simple as that.

bdwebservices said: I paid $10 for this ridiculous TOS (which is not mentioned in their website) and they activate the server again and they said** I can order again with regular price.**

violate tos penalty is $10, op paid.... account terminate is different story..

• 10241024 Member

Open a ticket to get your money back, or open a paypal dispute.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@1024 said:

Did you try reading the thread? :)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@1024 said:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@1024 said:

Committing a fraud in the process. Yeah, good job.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@1024 said:

Committing a fraud in the process. Yeah, good job.

I think such people should be banned.

• jaejae Member

ExonHost said: Check OP ticket response. They closed his account after his last reply on the ticket.

Oh ... you are right.... thanks

• LeeLee Veteran

The OP was wrong, no doubt about that.

scum bags like you

That right there though.

• datakodatako Member
    edited July 2017

@1024 said:

Op got his money back because speedykvm provided good service. You're an idiot, and fraud like this should be banned.

@rubiohiguey said:

@jarland said:
    Title edited to be factually correct. Please do not revert it.

And the Admin is on the power trip again ...

>

Twats like this should also be banned. Some random shit boy that probably didn't even read a single thing that happened here trying to stir things up.

I wouldn't consider these bans a power trip
    @jarland :)

• Well, I guess if you are getting your refunds and everything. That means speedykvm is fine.

Regarding termination, you could have used correct language. Because some people just cant absorb foul language.

• epaslvepaslv Member
    edited July 2017

I purchased one of these, but found that the VPS suspended after trying to install a new OS. The install triggered a CPU violation.

Then I read in TOS ...

Abuse fees of $95 per hour (minimum billing increment is 1 hour) may be billed to your account at Incero’s discretion for time spent handling any investigation or abuse reports.
    Abuse fees are due in full within 12 hours and must be paid before any suspended service may be reactivated, suspended services may also be charged a reactivation fee of $150.

So, right now, I'm too scared to actually use this VPS for backups, as I fear rsync will cause CPU abuse.

I am over-reacting?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2017

Few people in this thread need to get their heads checked and banned. You never decide on a case only after hearing one side.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@epaslv said:
    I purchased one of these, but found that the VPS suspended after trying to install a new OS. The install triggered a CPU violation.

So, right now, I'm too scared to actually use this VPS for backups, as I fear rsync will cause CPU abuse.

I am over-reacting?

If your ticket is the one that I am thinking about, then you are perfectly fine and have nothing to worry about. Feel free to reply for clarification. We are happy to assist and don't want you to be worried about a misunderstanding.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

epaslv said: Abuse fees of $95 per hour (minimum billing increment is 1 hour) may be billed to your account at Incero’s discretion for time spent handling any investigation or abuse reports. Abuse fees are due in full within 12 hours and must be paid before any suspended service may be reactivated, suspended services may also be charged a reactivation fee of $150.

Incero are fucking hardcore when it comes to their rules and they take zero shit, but they are not unreasonable monsters. They wouldn't have been around as long as they have and be as big as they are if they were fining everyone for everything.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM MikePT
  • Wax_Wax_ Member

Your original thread no where near tells the full story here. If it was a case of using the coupon twice on the same account then I would side with you and say it's their fault that you used the code twice. But you specifically went out of your way to create another account and abuse the promotion they had. It's your fault you got your VPS' Suspended and your account closed.

• @bdwebservices Don't worry, they still love you from within.

• bdwebservicesbdwebservices Member
    edited July 2017

Again clarification:

1. I violate TOS that's why they sent $10 Violation fee which is I paid!

2. They re-activate VPS again (after $10 violation fee and requesting regular order).

3. Finally they Close my account and terminate VPS (without Warning or Proper reason, because I said "This is my 1st and last order")

4. They refund me.

I don't crying for VPS I want to say they are Rude, Aggressive, unprofessional and as per their Website title "They are Totally Nonsense"

Thank you all!