Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Free] Shared Hosting - Limited Stock
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Free] Shared Hosting - Limited Stock

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2017 in Shared Hosting Offers

Hello,
As mentioned in previous discussion I was/am looking to allocate my overage resources to the opportunity of FREE Web Hosting / Shared Hosting. These resources consist of:

a) Overage resources from (prepaid) reseller bundles I have

b) Overage resources from (prepaid) VPS I have

Going with this I will make no commitments whatsoever. There is no SLA or any other guarantees for this service. I will try to give notice about any service shutdowns/termination atleast 7 days in advance but this is on best effort only and is not to be expected.
Please make sure you have your own backups at all times and I HIGHLY suggest not to host anything crucial on this service. Think of it as an opportunity to try new things or host a small project without having to spend a dime but don't take it too serious or you may find yourself at a loss. It goes without saying that especially the "Reseller" resources I am sharing with you could be shutdown at any time if the provider deadpools and I have no influence on that whatsoever (unlike the servers I have rented which are mostly hosted with solid providers).

Rules :

• You have to be a member on LET for atleast 6 months

• DBAD = Dont be a dick :- )

• Expect me to terminate your account at any time and without notice if I see a reason to.

• DO NOT PUT YOUR GOLDEN EGGS IN HERE!

• MAKE BACKUPS!

• To prevent spam/abuse you will need to provide proof of your identity. This can be done by providing of any legal documents which are acknowledged for this purpose. Please DO NOT pm me your scanned documents but ask me for my email adress first!

• Another proof of identity would be a PayPal donation via friends & family if you choose to support this project. I thought about offering to refund ppl after they sent the money to only use it as proof of identity but it is too much a hassle and I would loose money there afaik.

• Speaking of which: NO REFUNDS on donations ("an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.")

• There is NO SLA, support or warranty provided at all!

• To prevent any hassle: No adult content, no file hosting, no illegal stuff.

• Emails / Email Hosting is disabled by default.

Hosting Packages :

There is no hard limit on the disk space & bw but a soft limit is put in place to prevent abuse. You can contact me for more resources at any time and I will upgrade them for free (if available).

1.) cPanel Hosting on Reseller:

• Disk Space: 5000 MB (SSD)

• BW: 20000 MB

• 0 Email

• 1 Addon domain

• Unlimited everything else

2. VestaCP / ispConfig

The IPv6 mini VPS project is currently on a hold due to IPv6 causing some issues I need to look into/resolve first :)

Kind regards,

Ympker

Thanked by 2caracal bersy

Comments

• Ympker said: There is NO SLA, support or warranty provided at all!

Ympker said: Expect me to terminate your account at any time and without notice if I see a reason to.

Ympker said: To prevent spam/abuse you will need to provide proof of your identity. This can be done by providing of any legal documents which are acknowledged for this purpose

And what's the point of such hosting? Even free.

• Thanks for offering, but how is this different from something like what @KuJoe or @HostSlayer offer?

That said, I think it is great that you are offering this. Even if it is a free service, there would be folks needing some sort of support. I can help you if you wish. I am not a professional provider/host, but I know my way around (or atleast persevere till I get to a solution). Give me a shout if you want.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2017

@ramesh_vish said:
    Thanks for offering, but how is this different from something like what @KuJoe or @HostSlayer offer?

That said, I think it is great that you are offering this. Even if it is a free service, there would be folks needing some sort of support. I can help you if you wish. I am not a professional provider/host, but I know my way around (or atleast persevere till I get to a solution). Give me a shout if you want.

There is no need for me to be that different is there? This is just another opportunity for developers, students or other individuals with the lack of funds to make use of free hosting.
    I think @KuJoe and @HostSlayer are doing a great job there and I do not want to go into the details of comparison here as I want all services of this kind to live on for what they are. For what it's worth I do offer a lot of resources for my Shared Hosting which others may not. That being said people like @KuJoe are long established and although offering other plans win (most likely) in reliability. There is a lot hosts to choose from. If you need a bit more techy stuff go for Heroku.. Make your pick ;)

Cheers,
    Ympker

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Ympker said: There is no need for me to be that different is there?

Different is usually good but the more choices the better it is for the users. :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ympker said: There is no need for me to be that different is there? This is just another opportunity for developers, students or other individuals with the lack of funds to make use of free hosting.

Ympker said: For what it's worth I do offer a lot of resources for my Shared Hosting which others may not.

I am not arguing against your service. I wanted to know more about your perspective when you decided to launch this. And thank you for clarifying the difference. I think it is a great step you are taking. My offer to help still stands.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Added an Uptime Monitor for the Free Shared Hosting so everyone can have an idea of how reliable the service can be expected to be: http://monitor.ympker.net

Username: uptime
    Password: uptime