Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup price increase
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup price increase

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Sad to see this as I have (had) a few services with them :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Is that being rolled out to existing customers or just new ones?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited June 2017

Wait a sec, i ordered a RS2000 about few months ago , it was already 14.99

Never mind, I see it's 12 months , 1 month price is bump from 14.99 to 16.99

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@qtwrk said:
    Wait a sec, i ordered a RS2000 about few months ago , it was already 14.99

ZweiTiger uses Netcup since a while. He might have missed some price increases :P My plan is also on the increased price^^

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Is that being rolled out to existing customers or just new ones?

Didn't read my contract properly but I believe the price is fixed for the term of the server, in my case the next 12 months.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Rhys said: Didn't read my contract properly but I believe the price is fixed for the term of the server, in my case the next 12 months.

Right, so new prices come in to effect on your next renewal then.

I did wonder how they were making any money at those prices, I am not convinced they are now even but one thing seems clear, it was a bit of a soft bait and switch hoping for high retention I guess, from what I hear the services are good.

Thanked by 2Rhys vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Rhys said: Didn't read my contract properly but I believe the price is fixed for the term of the server, in my case the next 12 months.

I did wonder how they were making any money at those prices, I am not convinced they are now even but one thing seems clear, it was a bit of a soft bait and switch hoping for high retention I guess, from what I hear the services are good.

Ive only had good experiences with them and so have the people I know who were using them. Prices going up at this point seem only natural though^^

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • qtwrkqtwrk Member

@Ympker said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Ive only had good experiences with them and so have the people I know who were using them. Prices going up at this point seem only natural though^^

well well well , for the spec and service , although this is most unpleasant but just 2 euros more in my case , still acceptable it is.

• I see a light decrease!!!
    https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2017

just to clear things up: there is no price increase at all. as far as I can see they just ended their spring promotion which lastet quite some weeks and therefore returned to their regular pricing.

also they do not change prices on services you have active and running, their prices including the promotional ones are always recurring.

from my experience they some times do change the whole product line (usually in terms of underlying hardware too), which might come with a change in prices.
    yet that would also only be for new orders on those new offers and would not change pricing for active/running services.

also if someone is looking for the old prices with around 20% off - just ask, I can provide you with order-links which gives better pricing ;-)

@mohsengham said:
    I see a light decrease!!!
    https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/

of course feel free to use my aff-codes too, to get 5€ off on your first order (works only for new customers):

36nc14981289918
    36nc14981289917
    36nc14981289916
    36nc14981289915
    36nc14981289914

;-) ;-) ;-)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Normally, a provider should notify existing customers of an upcoming price change if it affects them, which puzzled me in this case, because I hadn't received any notice from netcup.

• Well i am a customer a while more then 1 year with 6 services. Old plans not affected. Yes the picture show the promotion price, but as i see their website show old price and new prices so seems a promotion too.

I think its increased but we shall see in the upcoming promotion.

1, But i dont like their support at all. Once i called emergency line and talked with a sysadmin.
    -Do you speak english?
    -NO (??)
    -Is there anybody who speak?
    -NO (??)

That.. was funny!

2, Once my IP get blacklisted. They suspended server and reactivated if i paid around 40-50 eur, then i signed a document that my ip never will be on blacklist.

That was.. funny too with around 4-5 hour downtime.

Their support is a mess. Before netcup i used colorhost.de and their support was superB.

But i am happy at all if i use the service correctly. So PHP mail disabled on my servers, blacklist not an option.

@ZweiTiger said: Well i am a customer a while more then 1 year with 6 services. Old plans not affected. Yes the picture show the promotion price, but as i see their website show old price and new prices so seems a promotion too.

Okay, but you used a snapshot of sale prices to argue for the 20% price increase, which was misleading. (Maybe you didn't intend to mislead, but it was nevertheless misleading.)

As far as I can tell, the vServers have not increased in price. As far as the Root-Servers are concerned, I don't see the evidence that they have increased in price, and at the moment it even seems that they have decreased in price: https://www.netcup.de/vserver/

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited June 2017

@angstrom said:

@ZweiTiger said: Well i am a customer a while more then 1 year with 6 services. Old plans not affected. Yes the picture show the promotion price, but as i see their website show old price and new prices so seems a promotion too.

Okay, but you used a snapshot of sale prices to argue for the 20% price increase, which was misleading. (Maybe you didn't intend to mislead, but it was nevertheless misleading.)

As far as I can tell, the vServers have not increased in price. As far as the Root-Servers are concerned, I don't see the evidence that they have increased in price, and at the moment it even seems that they have decreased in price: https://www.netcup.de/vserver/

Its not about vServers. Its about root servers. Who know. Maybe increased. Maybe not :) But for now seems yes.

edited June 2017

@ZweiTiger said: Its not about vServers. Its about root servers. Who know. Maybe increased. Maybe not :) But for now seems yes.

Faced with that kind of evidence, I give up.

Thanked by 2Ympker bersy
  • @angstrom said:

@ZweiTiger said: Its not about vServers. Its about root servers. Who know. Maybe increased. Maybe not :) But for now seems yes.

Faced with that kind of evidence, I give up.

:)

• What's the difference between a 'vServer' and a 'root-server', then?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@VPSensational said:
    What's the difference between a 'vServer' and a 'root-server', then?

As far as I see , the main difference is, Root server has dedicated recources , you can max it out 24/7 , like RAM and CPU, while vServer is not resources guaranteed

• @ZweiTiger said:

2, Once my IP get blacklisted. They suspended server and reactivated if i paid around 40-50 eur, then i signed a document that my ip never will be on blacklist.

>

a "unterlassungserklärung" right?

• @VPSensational said:
    What's the difference between a 'vServer' and a 'root-server', then?

vServer is short for a virtual server in other words VPS.

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Consider a vServer an OpenVZ like vps and root a kvm like vps :)

@Ympker said:

Not quite right: they're both KVM. The vServers are ordinary KVM VPSes, whereas the Root-Servers are KVM VPSes with dedicated resources (similar to BuyVM's slices).

Thanked by 2Ympker VPSensational
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Not quite right: they're both KVM. The vServers are ordinary KVM VPSes, whereas the Root-Servers are KVM VPSes with dedicated resources (similar to BuyVM's slices).

Oh mb ofc both are kvm with netcup. Somehow forgot that this was netcup thread. But yeah what I was gonna say is vserver=no dedicated resources. Root = dedicated resources.

Thanked by 1angstrom