Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imunify360 Alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Imunify360 Alternatives

vovlervovler Member
edited June 2017 in Help

From the makers of Cloudlinux - "Ultimate Security for Your Linux Web Server"

Im pretty sure its possible to configure something with similar capabilities for free. Maybe modsecurity and fail2ban?
If so, anyone here can help?

@Edit___

Not talking about the Hardened-PHP and KernelCare

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You can secure your own server sure, but this product's alternative isn't rolling your own security. This is for someone who wants it all prepackaged by someone else and presented to them in an attractive and easy to understand interface. Rolling your own IDS, WAF, and firewall management will be a time consuming task and is made more difficult by having to combine it with a stack like cpanel, mainly to ensure that updates don't undo your configs.

Whether or not this product does anything beyond placebo effect I cannot say, and rolling your own definitely has the benefit of knowing what you're protecting against, but that benefit is lost if you're just copy/pasting someone else's configs, and then no one is around to troubleshoot it for you.

My advice is that if you want this, buy this. If this is something you want, I don't think you'll be satisfied with something else.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Aluminat
  • Cxs+csf+mod security + comodo waf does the same job

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@AndreiGhesi said:
    Cxs+csf+mod security + comodo waf does the same job

But not in one liner installer and actually requires a bit of knowledge.

Also, I don't know if you tested Inunify, but it has quite a few other options, including Cloudflare style captcha verification.

• jhjh Member
    edited June 2017

There's also Atomic Secured Linux. No idea on comparisons but ASL isn't free either. With both, you're paying for someone to keep on top of threats and keep your WAF up to date for them.

• vovlervovler Member

Im a newbie when comes to this. I'll just throw 20$/month and get this. It will be worth to not have a headache for few days straight

• I never see people talking about snort, it is really nice IDS with a lot of free rules already rolled out.

• I prefer Bitninja for specially for cPanel. We tried Imunify360 but it had issue with captcha.

• vovlervovler Member

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I prefer Bitninja for specially for cPanel. We tried Imunify360 but it had issue with captcha.

Could you describe the issue, please

• @vovler said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I prefer Bitninja for specially for cPanel. We tried Imunify360 but it had issue with captcha.

Could you describe the issue, please

Some users keep getting captcha on every single page from Imunify360. Maybe it don't support litespeed, Anyway I didn't want waste my time on support so I found other solution.