Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpharacks review-Worst provider ever-Don't get cheated!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alpharacks review-Worst provider ever-Don't get cheated!

Last year I bought a VPS with Alpharacks after seeing a deal posted on lowendbox. Initial impressions were fine but the problems started about a week later. I was using it as a production server and attached the uptime robot monitor to my website. Downtime was so bad that my inbox got flooded with the uptime robot emails. The network is pathetic with average speeds ranging from 60-80 kb/s while they claim to provide 1 GB/s.... Frustrated with its service, I switched to OVH for my production server. A few days ago I had cancelled the service as its term was about to expire the next day and I no longer needed it. But, the next day they automatically charged my card for the next annual term without any consent despite the fact that I cancelled their service. I have raised many tickets but they have not replied to a single one of them, deliberately ignoring the problem. Now my money is stuck with them and I don't find any way to get it back. This is simply running a scam and cheating people. Lowendbox should not post deals of such providers. It is better to spend a few dollars extra and go for reputed companies like ovh or digital ocean than to buy from Alpharacks.
Any suggestions about how to get my refund?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

That's going to need more detail before LET users will agree with you. What was the payment method and how soon did you submit your cancellation request before the renewal?

Edit: nevermind I'm dumb, looks like just hours before. Still, what was payment method?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@aniorban101 what does your contract say regarding the notice period you have to give ?

• I submitted my cancellation request a day before it was about to expire and got a mail immediately stating the confirmation of my cancellation. The next day they charged money from my credit card for the full annual term.
    Sale Number: 105940982130

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Did you have a PayPal subscription setup?

@aniirban101 said:
    I submitted my cancellation request a day before it was about to expire and got a mail immediately stating the confirmation of my cancellation. The next day they charged money from my credit card for the full annual term.

If it's direct credit card and not PayPal subscription then I can't understand why WHMCS processed a payment with a pending cancellation request. Seems unlike how it tends to operate with me.

@jarland said:

@aniirban101 said:
    I submitted my cancellation request a day before it was about to expire and got a mail immediately stating the confirmation of my cancellation. The next day they charged money from my credit card for the full annual term.

If it's direct credit card and not PayPal subscription then I can't understand why WHMCS processed a payment with a pending cancellation request. Seems unlike how it tends to operate with me.

Unless his contract said he needs to give X days notice, which he did not, in which case the provider was free to go ahead and charge anyway.

• @Clouvider said:
    @aniorban101 what does your contract say regarding the notice period you have to give ?

Nothing is mentioned in their toc and their knowledgebase

edited June 2017

@aniirban101 said:

@Clouvider said:

Nothing is mentioned in their toc and their knowledgebase

I don't know their contract, but if it is as you say, open a ticket, request a refund, and if they don't comply ,ask your bank for assistance.

That is of course, if the cancellation request was sent before the due date, as otherwise, even if for an hour, they started providing you the new service, so technically, you're not entitled to a refund.

• aniirban101aniirban101 Member
    edited June 2017

Clouvider said: That is of course, if the cancellation request was sent before the due date, as otherwise, even if for an hour, they started providing you the new service, so technically, you're not entitled to a refund.

No as I already mentioned the service got cancelled almost immediately, and now my money is reflected in the credit balance of whmcs. I understand that there can be a mistake from their side-everybody makes mistakes and its fine but they should at least reply to my tickets! It has been almost 3 days and they have not yet replied to my ticket!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'll ask again, did you have a PayPal subscription setup?

• @Nekki said:
    I'll ask again, did you have a PayPal subscription setup?

No I used my CC directly to pay from 2checkout

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Then I guess you're covered, nothing in the TOS about a cancellation period.

Thanked by 2Clouvider sabbo2001
  • I think you have submitted cancellation request 1 day before your contract term, but they might not have processed it from WHMCS.

This can be the only possible reason I can think of, however, if they are not refunding your amount, then it can be an issue.

You can simply ask you bank to reverse the transaction, provide all the relevant proofs.

• I'm not a fan of their services but they're definitely not scammers. I ordered a vps a while ago but when their network turned out to be ridiculously slow they issued my requested refund right away and was processed by paypal in a couple of days. Open a ticket, be nice.

• Yeah, their network speed is horrible.

Sounds like you were in the right here. No terms for minimum cancellation notice, and apparently they don't auto process cancellations. It's totally fine to not auto process them, and honestly sometimes better (module dependent), but that places the burden on them. So by any reasonable expectation they owe you that money back.

• They are not a scammer but yes their services and products are terrible. I cancelled my vps after 2 or 3 days trial and I found I need ten minutes to finish an apt-get update

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

aniirban101 said: I have raised many tickets but they have not replied to a single one of them, deliberately ignoring the problem.

What time span, how many tickets?

I mean if you mean you have waited 7 days with no reply.. that is bad.

If this happened 2 days ago and you have opened 7 tickets... that's a bit silly.

• if anyone wants my alpharacks ovz vps... they can have it. prepaid for a year last year. i tried using it for a few days and gave up. it was bad.

i tried to unsubscribe from their "offers" and amazingly, i still continued getting their spam after a successful unsubscribe. but i now cannot unsubscribe and get an error.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • didtavdidtav Member
    edited June 2017

what do you mean alpharacks is bad?

they are good!

they teach me how important back up is!

they are so good that they gave a lesson to always back up my files

and i learned my lesson

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Maybe @alpharacks could say something (even if they haven't been around here for a while).

• citrixcitrix Member
    edited June 2017
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@citrix said:
    Did this get sorted in the end? @Julian

I see there active in their promo thread.. https://lowendbox.com/blog/alpharacks-shared-cpanel-hosting-linux-openvz-windows-kvm-vps-los-angeles-ca/#comments

There is no "@Julian" on LET. It would be @alpharacks, but Julian doesn't seem interested in LET anymore (as opposed to LEB).

In any case, it would be nice if the OP (= @aniirban101) gave us an update.