Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack Reviews

peachstolipeachstoli Member
edited March 2013 in Reviews

I wonder if you have any experience with them, and do you have a test IP of their datacenter?
Are they reliable for shared hosting?.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Yeah they are good.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

For the short time I was with them a while back, they were good. Network was good, support was good and very responsive and very helpful!

I would use them again.

• They are one of the best budget providers in my eyes. There are only 2 things they need to work on: 1) weekend order setups and 2) prior notice to maintenance and issues it may cause.

• Is There Any Staff From DS In LET ?.

• I would like to order following box.But Unfortunately Its Out Of stock

Quad Dual-Core Opteron 8220 2.8Ghz - 4 Processors 8 Physical Cores

32GB DDR2 ECC
    500GB 20TB Monthly Transfer

• @fizzyjoe908 said: They are one of the best budget providers in my eyes. There are only 2 things they need to work on: 1) weekend order setups and 2) prior notice to maintenance and issues it may cause.

Any Alternative Provider ?.

• @adarshv said: I would like to order following box.But Unfortunately Its Out Of stock

Yes, I was interested, but in the meanwhile when I was asking some questions (RAID, ipmi/kvm) it went out of stock...

• Datashack is good. I've got a dev box with them that I use for some learning projects, can't complain one bit. Server was setup fast. Initial responses to tickets are generally within minutes (as in, less than 10 minutes).

Since it's a dev box, I don't monitor it (though I should) but it's been online everytime I've ever needed to use it or connect.

Get one.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Really good for the price, I use DS to host OpenVZ VM's

• @DataShack is here but as far is I know doesn't really come on here much.

I just picked up one of the E5-2620 Servers and it has been running pretty great. I have another server with them that has also been running good.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

[@mojeda said]

I just picked up one of the E5-2620 Servers
    with HW RAID? How's that raid card? It's some IOCrest Syba Crap afaik

• @adarshv

You could try emailing them. I managed to get my 2216 setup by just requesting one via email.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@dominicl said: For the short time I was with them a while back

any reason you left them?

• Cheap price but not cheap quality.

• I just picked up one of the E5-2620 Servers
    with HW RAID? How's that raid card? It's some IOCrest Syba Crap afaik

Good enough for my needs, I posted my SB results in the Datashack E5-2620 deal thread.

• DataShack and WholeSaleInternet are both great companies for the low end market but the only time I see a problem is when I had to deal with sales or billing and that was just because of multiple days waiting for resolutions and even having to back track to remind of invoices paid that they had messed up on. As a whole, I would use both of them again but I have moved on to other providers for my needs currently.

• i was order

Phenom II x4 840 3.2Ghz Turbo 4 Cores / 4 Threads

• 4 GB DDR3 RAM
    • 500 GB Drive
    • 20TB Monthly Transfer
    • Linux/Windows* OS
    • 5 usable IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 Address Block**
    • Free DirectAdmin for Linux

$0 Setup / $25 per month

that using credit card.. but they support cancel my order...

and they said refund my money.. but they ask again to me.. about transaction id and then all invoice and order from my.datashack.net deleted .. so i can't see the invoice detail...

why a good provider do like that ?

• A cautious provider who doesn't want to be defrauded? I think that's it.

• OMG i lost my money.. this first time.. i order dedicated server using credit card.. and they said cancel and refund.. but not refund.. all invoice deleted.. my order deleted..

• Contact them and talk to them about it. It helps if you stay civil and patient.

It won't resolve itself by posting on LET. Only you can solve it by talking to them.

• arisanjaya said: OMG i lost my money.. this first time.. i order dedicated server using credit card.. and they said cancel and refund.. but not refund.. all invoice deleted.. my order deleted..

try and contact them if all fails issue a chargeback against them. this cost them money.

• @arisanjaya said:
    OMG i lost my money.. this first time.. i order dedicated server using credit card.. and they said cancel and refund.. but not refund.. all invoice deleted.. my order deleted..

When did they tell you it was refunded? It can take several days for your bank to issue the credit back to your account (if it was even charged, if just authorization, your banks normal clearing time will come into play unless DS voided the auth).

• I'm surprised to hear that DS sent a refund at all. I thought their ToS was strictly against refunds, regardless of context.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@HostNun said:
    I'm surprised to hear that DS sent a refund at all. I thought their ToS was strictly against refunds, regardless of context.

I've seen a lot of instances were they've refunded if the client is a fraud risk to them.

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited November 2014

Datashack is one of the better budget providers in the US. I haven't had any major issues with them. Another host you might want to check out is Wholesale Internet, they're also in Kansas City.

Edit: noticed that this was an old thread facepalm