Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailcheap.co users. Can you please help me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailcheap.co users. Can you please help me?

nqservicesnqservices Member
edited June 2017 in Help

Hi,

I have been using Mailcheap.co email service for a few months and until now I only have positive things to say about the service provided by Pavin.

But I’m experiencing a problem that Mailcheap.co support says it’s not related with them and after many time trying to identify I’m unable to see what is wrong with my setup.

The problem is that email reply flags do not sync between devices when email account is setup using SOGo EAS (Activesync). As you can imagine, this causes big problems keeping email organized because it's hard to keep track of what was already reply or not.

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

In a basic way if I reply to a email on my phone it shows the reply flag on the phone, but when I then go to my Outlook 2016 the reply flag does not show. The inverse situation also happens, so if I reply to an email on Outlook 2016 it shows the reply flag, but then when I check on the phone the reply flag does not show.

The email account is setup using EAS (Activesync) and on my Android phone I’m using the Nine app (www.9folders.com). If I use IMAP the problem does not happen.

So my request to all Mailcheap users willing to help me on this is to test from your end to see if the problem happens or not and what software/app are you using.

Thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

What's a reply flag? How is it defined and what software is expected to define it? Is outlook the sole software that you are expecting to define it? What criteria does it use to do so?

Also if it doesn't happen with IMAP, why are you not using IMAP? What advantages to ActiveSync are you benefiting from and is there no suitable alternative?

• NomadNomad Member

Make sure your android device has Auto sync set as on.

• @jarland said:
    What's a reply flag?

It's that little flag that email clients show after a email is responded so the user knows the email as already been replied.

How is it defined and what software is expected to define it? Is outlook the sole software that you are expecting to define it? What criteria does it use to do so?

>
    What do I expect is for email reply flags to sync between devices. In the past I used both Microsoft Exchange and also Rackspace Email and this always worked.

Take this as a scenario:
    My company has 1 general email box ([email protected]) and this email box is used by multiple people/staff. One os a person that is in the office and uses Microsoft Outlook 2016 to check emails and the other people are "one the road" and check the email box using Phone. So if the flags don't sync, people/staff don't know what emails have already been replied. The only way is to go to the Sent box... what is of course ridiculous.

Also if it doesn't happen with IMAP, why are you not using IMAP? What advantages to ActiveSync are you benefiting from and is there no suitable alternative?

The benefits of using Mailcheap with ActiveSync/EAS service is to have a very similar Microsoft Exchange alternative that allow to easily sync email, tasks, calendar and contacts on different devices. This is very, very useful for the workflow of my company.

I know you own @mxroute but it's also public knowledge that you use Mailcheap as smtp gateway and you have a good relation with Pavin. So do you have any plan with them? Can you make a test from your end to see if the issue also happens to you?

@Nomad said:
    Make sure your android device has Auto sync set as on.

Yes, this is tuned ON. Do you use Mailcheap? Can you make a test from your end?

Thanks all!

• sanvitsanvit Member

Just move to @jarland's MXroute. Problem solved :)

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited June 2017

@sanvit said:
    Just move to @jarland's MXroute. Problem solved :)

I also have a MXroute account. But MXroute does not has Activesync/EAS... and that for this domain is a requirement. Also im very satisfied with Mailcheap. I use MXroute for accounts where I only need IMAP.

So is there anyone with a @mailcheap account to test?

Thanks

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

This is a client/MUA sync issue. Contact the client support (or follow my advice on deleting profile, updating client program, clearing its data and cache and setting up a new profile). I'm 100% sure there is no conspiracy going on with Inverse/Sogo that they would mark a bug report as resolved when its not actually resolved; so its not related to Sogo.

Pavin.

edited June 2017

@mailcheap said:
    I'm 100% sure there is no conspiracy going on with Inverse/Sogo that they would mark a bug report as resolved when its not actually resolved; so its not related to Sogo.
    Pavin.

Hi Pavin,

No one is saying this is a conspiracy.... Also I said multiples times on this thread that i'm satisfied with your services. I'm just asking for someone to also test in order I can compare results... because from past experience response from Microsoft and also Nine app support take a very long time... and I need this issue address as soon as possible.

You have provided me with all the support you can as we talked in the ticket and I'm gratefull for your help. But Microsoft Outlook 2016 is widely used and want to see other Android email apps where the issue does not happen.

One final note just to say that sometimes there are bugs even with solved/resolved bugs.. that happens many times in many companies. Im not saying and no one else is saying that this is this case..

So I hope to find a @mailcheap client that can do the test from their end so I can compare results.

• Hi all,

Sorry for insist... but still did not get to solve the issue.

Anyone using Mailcheap.co services with ActiveSync/EAS enable? Can you please make the test from your end?

Thanks

• @nqservices said:
    Hi all,

Sorry for insist... but still did not get to solve the issue.

Anyone using Mailcheap.co services with ActiveSync/EAS enable? Can you please make the test from your end?

Thanks

MailCheap said it was on client sync issue.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    MailCheap said it was on client sync issue.

Yes, I know and I'm not blaming Mailcheap in any way. The thing is that I have tested in 2 different devices using Microsoft Outlook 2016 on PC and Nine App on Android Phone and on all tests the Flags Sync fail.

Because Mailcheap has clients here on LET i'm just requesting for someone to be kind enough to make a quick test from their end and tell me the results and what software/app are you using.

Thanks

• @nqservices When did MXRoute begin to use MailCheap? Just curious, I've never heard about this so called "public knowledge."

• @doghouch said:
    @nqservices When did MXRoute begin to use MailCheap? Just curious, I've never heard about this so called "public knowledge."

It's "public knowledge" that MXRoute uses Mailcheap SMTP relay's as you can see on their public Offer post at: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/108942/mxroute-email-hosting-new-london-location-40gb-storage-40-2years

Where it says and I quote:
    "Outgoing via MailChannels / MailCheap / In-house relays"

Also I remeber sometime ago, @jarland tested Mailcheap service so that is why I mentioned @jarland, because maybe besides SMTP he also may have also a Email Account package there.

• @nqservices Ah, I see. Thanks for the info :)

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2017

I have this happening with O365 and my standard mail app on my Pixel phone.

• @iKeyZ said:
    I have this happening with O365 and my standard mail app on my Pixel phone.

So the Reply Flags also don't sync on your setup? What email app are you using on your Phone? Thanks

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

The standard Android mail application - this is not with mailcheap

edited June 2017

@iKeyZ said:

this is not with mailcheap

Ok, thanks for the information. Anyone else having this problem?