Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up /24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting up /24

nyclaflnyclafl Member
edited June 2017 in Tutorials

Hi!

I am looking for a tutorial to setting up a /24 manually. I tried searching and I can't find. If you know where I can find please help via centos 6 or 7

Comments

• What are you doing with a /24?

Just make sure to route the full /8 instead of the /24 for the best results

• I am using them for scrapping and crawling sites via proxy.

• I have a bash script but all proxies lead to main IP address of server. I want them to be independent.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    What are you doing with a /24?

Lol, where should i route the full /8 to? :p

• @vmhaus said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    What are you doing with a /24?

Lol, where should i route the full /8 to? :p

/Dev/null for optimal results

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@nyclafl said:
    I have a bash script but all proxies lead to main IP address of server. I want them to be independent.

This may provide guide to add a range of IPs to you server.

https://www.ubiquityhosting.com/blog/configure-ip-ranges-on-centos-7-redhat-7/

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

@nyclafl said:
    Hi!

I am looking for a tutorial to setting up a /24 manually. I tried searching and I can't find. If you know where I can find please help via centos 6 or 7

So the /24 is routed to your server? and you want the 255 ips to all be available for use on the one machine running CentOS 6?

This depends on how the IPs are set up, if your provider is taking care of the routing and the IPs are just available, if you had time you could go making an ifcfg-eth0:1 through ifcfg-eth0:256, I was told by a friend you can do it another easier faster way, however I am not sure of that way

If they're being announced via BIRD on the same machine you can make dummy interfaces for the IPs you want to use as well, or GRE tunnel them to another machine but that's getting more complicated.

• Yes, they are being rerouted to my server. For instance, if I take one of the proxies do a reverse search, the main ip address of the server shows up. Now, I want to make them independently unless I did something wrong. Also, I want them all in one of machines unless it is not recommended. Thanks.

@ethancedrik said:

@nyclafl said:
    Hi!

So the /24 is routed to your server? and you want the 255 ips to all be available for use on the one machine running CentOS 6?

This depends on how the IPs are set up, if your provider is taking care of the routing and the IPs are just available, if you had time you could go making an ifcfg-eth0:1 through ifcfg-eth0:256, I was told by a friend you can do it another easier faster way, however I am not sure of that way

If they're being announced via BIRD on the same machine you can make dummy interfaces for the IPs you want to use as well, or GRE tunnel them to another machine but that's getting more complicated.

• cochoncochon Member

@ethancedrik said: I was told by a friend you can do it another easier faster way, however I am not sure of that way

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2125668/#Comment_2125668

• vmhaus said: This may provide guide to add a range of IPs to you server.

https://www.ubiquityhosting.com/blog/configure-ip-ranges-on-centos-7-redhat-7/

Ah UbiquityHosting. Their $59 servers with full /24 blocks were awesome.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So @nyclafl how is the sneaker market these days?

• @raindog308 said:

Red hot, ready to smash with the hammer :P

• I did not know that sending out emails and doing SEO has to do with sneakers. But thanks again.

@raindog308 said:

• nyclafl said: I did not know that sending out emails and doing SEO has to do with sneakers. But thanks again.

SEO and spam is even worse.

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

@nyclafl said:
    I did not know that sending out emails and doing SEO has to do with sneakers. But thanks again.

LOL

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

wonder who's going to get a full /24 blacklisted

Thanked by 1flatland_spider