Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone be interested in - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would anyone be interested in

2»

Comments

• earlearl Member

While I can't say I have any faith in OVH support department mainly due to the horror stories I have read.. but surprisingly enough I put in a support ticket today and the ticket was replied to in less than 5 min and sure enough the problem resolved..

• OVH has 150+ employees in France...

• KenshinKenshin Member
    edited March 2013

@Damian said: Indeed, I tried to reason with people in that thread on this point, but price seems to be the only driving factor. Til the company has an outage or loses your data, anyway....

+1

Nowadays everyone just wants $1 VPSes with 2-4GB RAM, huge amounts data transfer on 1G ports. Less people care if you have SSD or RAID10, or even provide backups and other nifty addons. But sure as hell, the moment anything goes wrong, said provider will enjoy lots of negative WHT/LET exposure, especially when their million-dollar generating site is down and threaten to sue for loss of income, demand backups, blah blah.

Where's all the customers willing to pay $7 for a decent VPS with the important features, then spend another $5 on another VPS to backup their data daily. Same rule applies to OVH, why aren't people backing up their data offsite then screaming that their OVH server is down/dead/unplugged due to abuse?

• earlearl Member

@BronzeByte said: OVH has 150+ employees in France...

Actually I called the OVH in Montreal, and someone actually picked up the phone!

supposedly they are 24/7 support there. maybe they are not busy yet, so it's not hard to get in contact, but the guy I spoke to seems reasonable well inform and knew his stuff/ products well enough.

• @earl said: supposedly they are 24/7 support there. maybe they are not busy yet, so it's not hard to get in contact, but the guy I spoke to seems reasonable well inform and knew his stuff/ products well enough.

Yeah, the dutch guy is ok too