Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Capacity Prblems - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Capacity Prblems

2»

Comments

• @picy
    Someone on here will gladly setup a Nginx / PHP / MySQL server for you for a small price (Probably about $5 - $10), hell, someone may even do it for free.

• picypicy Member

So I need two of my servers to get fixed for good price. So person who can do the job please send me a pm. I am loossing a lot of traffic.

• picypicy Member

Free -m results are as follows http://prntscr.com/vgxyh

• AdducAdduc Member
    edited March 2013

If your problem is that all of the Apache threads are busy with existing conversions, I'd suggest increasing your ServerLimit and/or ThreadsPerChild in your apache configuration and restarting apache.

EDIT: Looking at your free results, you've got plenty of unused RAM. Increasing the Apache configuration directives as suggested is going to be safe to do.

• picypicy Member

I need some one to help me in setting up all things and to make the site proper.

• picypicy Member

I don't mind paying money for the friend who fix the issue for that and make my site to work proper.

• BayuBayu Member

@picy
    Why do you not try to use nginx and php-fpm?
    Afaik, nginx and php-fpm is better to handle high traffic without having to spend too many resources.

• @SpeedBus said: with 60k hits per day that looks to be a few thousand per hour I guess

Indeed, it works out to be less than one per second. Any server should be be able to handle that...

@picy what kind of software does your site run?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@Damian said: @SpeedBus said: with 60k hits per day that looks to be a few thousand per hour I guess

Indeed, it works out to be less than one per second. Any server should be be able to handle that...

yep about 2500 per hour, hmm not much as I see now >_>

• @Damian

He said 60,000 uniques, so his hits per second will be a lot higher. He is also converting 25 songs per minute and has 2500 hits per minute

• @BenND said: He said 60,000 uniques, so his hits per second will be a lot higher. He is also converting 25 songs per minute and has 2500 hits per minute

I'm pretty sure ffmpeg can simply strip out the source audio, usually .aac.
    Most media players shouldn't have too many issues with handling that filetype, and should save a fair amount of server CPU time.

• picypicy Member

I got it done guys. Thanks for all your support. I got support from one member here . He did great job.

• Quite fast now compared to some hours ago. To provide help for others: What exactly did you change?

• picypicy Member

I just hire an coder and a member of here tweak the server. I don't know whether i can share his name. I will ask him and report here what he done.

• jevermeisterjevermeister Member
    edited March 2013

Okay. Would give you the advice to serve static files via nginx but i don't know whether this is possible with Plesk or not. If everything's fine regarding load maybe there's at the moment no need for this, but possibly in future.

• Switch to nginx and run uptime command to get some load figures

• I've done that for him. Mostly was affected by apache settings. I've tweaked it for more maxclients, server process etc. Also tweaked mysql and php settings.
    Didn't reinstalled or changed the software because it's more complicated. I wouldn't touch that without Pleask or MySQL access (which I didn't had). I've just offered a quick fix for current setup. Besides his server are underloaded anyways, so this isn't a resource problem. There was a lot of free RAM and load average are only 0.20.
    I didn't charged some money for that, just told he could donate some tip if he wish. He did that, thanks @picy.

@picy I forgot to add, I've backed up all config files I've changed. Will PM you their location.