Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got experience with Hetzner's RZ 1 (Nuremberg)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone got experience with Hetzner's RZ 1 (Nuremberg)?

Ola Señores,

I will probably overtake a server from another Hetzner customer. His server is in RZ 1 which apparently is located in Nuremberg - not Falkenstein. All my servers with Hetzner have always been in Falkenstein. Is there any quality difference, or is Nuremberg okay?

I would highly appreciate you sharing your experience, if available!

Thanks & Cheers,
Amitz

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

afair they have RZ1 to RZ4 in nuremberg, from which the two latest have been opened in August 2016, so kind of not everything is 'old' there...

in fact, the numbers might be misleading, RZ1 was opened in 2012 - while RZ10 to RZ15 (in Falkenstein) had their openings from 2009 to 2011. so normally you shouldn't see any difference at all, at least there shouldn't be concerns about them using old or different stuff, I am quite confident they do learn during the years...

both locations are connected with dark fiber, latency between is about 3ms for around 250km distance. it might even get you 1-2ms faster to frankfurt than from falkenstein for what it's worth.

just as an example companies like netcup offers their services out of hetzner nuremberg datacenter, so probably nothing wrong with that :-)

• AmitzAmitz Member

Thank you very much, @Falzo! It would be RZ1 in that case. Well - nothing holds me back then! :)

• roychanroychan Member

Just curious - Do they provide non-desktop hardware in server auctions? If so, what kind of server is?

• @roychan said:
    Just curious - Do they provide non-desktop hardware in server auctions? If so, what kind of server is?

They provide a few i* machines I believe. The most common I've seen is the i7-3770.

• saibalsaibal Member

roychan said: Do they provide non-desktop hardware in server auctions

They also have E3s and E5s in auctions.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@roychan said:

as @saibal mentioned watch out for the few E3/E5 Servers. They also mention directly if a server comes with enterprise grad harddisk, hw-RAID or different nic. but depending on the whole combinationnyou always have to assume a mixed bag after all :-)

There also is a page in their wiki where they list all models they offered and possible upgrades so you can try and match the auction servers to that: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Root_Server_Hardware/en

No guarantue though - after all it's auctioned used stuff ;)