Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost Canada VPS customers are being moved to BlueVM. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost Canada VPS customers are being moved to BlueVM.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

@Nekki I only want to focus on VPS market right now and I want to break traditional shared hosting business and I can not do this with out losing focus on current clients and degrading quality. When you are paying for service, you expect it to be stable and steady. Also many people don't like switching to new things. It was a hard decision and I don't regret it.

This is why next to VPS I run a free hosting project where I am free to try out new technology and without worrying about anything or any obligation. Once I am fully satisfied with some of the new things I am trying out, we will re-open shared hosting business and I hope to break how traditional shared hosting business operates.

I have a habit of testing things for a long time before I do something and this is the reason why our KVM brand is still not live while site and nodes are ready for action :).

• Shovenose said "Most successful companies do more than one thing."

Most successful technology companies that do more than one thing achieved their initial success by only doing one thing and focusing on doing that one thing exceedingly well when they were startups (think Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc)

• @DomainBop said: Most successful technology companies that do more than one thing achieved their initial success by only doing one thing and focusing on doing that one thing exceedingly well when they were startups (think Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc)

Uh, oh, and they have people with excellent skills doing what they are supposed to ;)

• Guys, guys..Give the CEO a break would you?

• lumaluma Member

@shovenose said: We discussed this at length and determined this was the best action to take to ensure the longevity of our business and to make sure that our customers do not feel scammed or ripped off, and leave ShoveHost with a positive impression.

Translated: We needed a quick amount of cash to pay our bills in our US locations.

• IshaqIshaq Member

I don't see the problem here. It just looks like other hosts are jealous that they didn't get the clients?

We have made a deal with ShoveHost to take on their OVH based customers on to our New York hardware.

• @MrObvious said: Guys, guys..Give the CEO a break would you?

He's gonna need a bonus after answering all these questions!

• LeeLee Veteran

@Ishaq said: I don't see the problem here. It just looks like other hosts are jealous that they didn't get the clients?

We have made a deal with ShoveHost to take on their OVH based customers on to our New York hardware.

Don't get too blinded by your own arrogance. It's a very straight forward question that is being asked by a few, nothing about being jealous.

Given the op's posting history it's natural to suspect there is more to the move than is being suggested, but then he is not really giving an answer to that.

I can't think of any hosts that would not at least offer migration in this situation, it's totally fishy.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ishaq The problem here is not that you've got the clients, it's that the explanation of why they were moved doesn't seem to make any sense.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@W1V_Lee said: I can't think of any hosts that would not at least offer migration in this situation, it's totally fishy.

That isn't our concern though. It does sound "not normal" but what can I say..

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Nekki said: @Ishaq The problem here is not that you've got the clients, it's that the explanation of why they were moved doesn't seem to make any sense.

Mhm, of course.

Mainly hosts here that are getting concerned, who probably aren't even customers.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2013

I appreciate that and to be honest they have found a better home with you, I am only interested for the sake of their remaining clients as it smells like a deadpool coming.

Customer or not it's all posted openly so it's fair to ask

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

@Ishaq said: Mainly hosts here that are getting concerned, who probably aren't even customers.

Not actually, only 3 provider posted here who advertises here. Me, Jacob and Curtis. Rest of them are either regular LET members or non competing providers.

I am rather happy to see these clients went with you as they have a reliable and stable provider now. I am just not happy with the way it was treated and handled and looking at op's post, clients were not aware of it.

• bobbybobby Member

@luma said: Go with a real provider

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ishaq I'm sure that fact hasn't gone unnoticed by those why pay attention, although in fairness, many of the providers who post on this forum are genuinely customers too. I think we are on the verge of flogging a dead hose here though, as without an answer to the key question everything else is pointless speculation.

• @Ishaq said: I don't see the problem here. It just looks like other hosts are jealous that they didn't get the clients?

The issue as I see it is that ShoveHost made little effort to accommodate their clients. When faced with an issue with their Canadian node(s) their solution was to sell off the clients.

IMHO a responsible host in that position would have: (1) offered clients a migration to ShoveHost US-based nodes; (2) for clients who bought specifically for the location, canvassed Canadian-based LEB providers to see if they would pick them up; and (3) been transparent about the situation instead of spouting trite and meaningless statements.

But it is probably all for the best, as BlueVM is a reliable and technically competent provider....

• @NHNahian
    Forgot me :P

Im taking look at the offer Shove was offering at LEB

Something telling me it was because the bill

I did calculation for the price he offer
    he most take E3 server from OVH he cant do that on I5 server they offer becouse if he will put around 15 clients on the server it will be overload (overselling) and he gives every client 2 cpu cores

so he probelly take E3 and if he put 35 clients (server can have max 35 ip's 32 subnet + 3 additional) 35 * 7 = $245 - $90 = $155 per month from the server.

hmm pretty nice profit (why he sold?)

• @dosserversca said: Forgot me :P

Who are you? I have no memory of you :(

• @dosserversca You meant to say shovenose could have contacted you first? Other than that, I find no reason of your post :(

• @NHNahian
    Shove contacted us by ticket
    http://i.imgur.com/HFAS49N.png

• @MrObvious said: Guys, guys..Give the CEO a break would you?

Why should we, the LET community are collectively the Shovehost CIO & IT department

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dosserversca Location issues aside, moving the customers to BlueVM was probably a sensible decision by shovenose; they're a well established provider with experience of taking over clients; you may have been going since 2010 in some form, but you're a relative newcomer to many.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2013

@sleddog said: he issue as I see it is that ShoveHost made little effort to accommodate their clients. When faced with an issue with their Canadian node(s) their solution was to sell off the clients.

IMHO a responsible host in that position would have: (1) offered clients a migration to ShoveHost US-based nodes; (2) for clients who bought specifically for the location, canvassed Canadian-based LEB providers to see if they would pick them up; and (3) been transparent about the situation instead of spouting trite and meaningless statements.

This. If I were in Canada and you sold my account to a company in New York, didn't offer me migration to your own equipment, and didn't notify me of your intentions in advance, I would quickly cancel my account and boycott you as a host. Hope you didn't pay much BlueVM, doubt you retain 50% of the customers. Just makes me happy I have stayed away.

• @Nekki
    Im not mad or something that he didnt sold them to me if you read the posts on first page you will understand.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dosserversca I'll be honest, I don't really know what you're trying to say in your first post, but the second does look like you're twisting the knife a bit, which implies sour grapes. If you say you're not bothered though, fair enough, I won't claim to be able to read your mind :-)

• well @bluevm i was supposed to be moved but havent even heard anything about the move!!!

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

@ZinnVPS said: well @bluevm i was supposed to be moved but havent even heard anything about the move!!!

We're going to start the cloning shortly.

• well,
    @shovenose

I got one ShoveHost openvz2 Kansas VPS when I made an order before (cos there is no chance to choose the vps loaction during ordering ).

after that I submit one ticket with "pls move my vps from openvz2 to the openvz1 (Canada OVH VPS)“,
    Only 5 seconds later,
    I got my new Canada OVH VPS from shovehost .

I am so happy to say "thanks for your so quick help "

now for this situation

Can I move it back to the openvz2 Kansas VPS ?

it seems the answer is no...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ynzheng said: Can I move it back to the openvz2 Kansas VPS ?

it seems the answer is no...

Pretty sure that's not the case, shovenose has said in the thread that you can open a ticket to be migrated to a US node. The question really is, if you're unhappy with your treatment, why you don't want to transfer to BlueVM instead?