Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive VPS plans!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive VPS plans!

littleguylittleguy Member
edited January 2012 in General

Couldn't find any of VolumeDrives own VPS plans listed on LowendBox, is there a reason for this?

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=vps

Their 4.95USD/mo 1GB RAM, 50GB HDD, 2TB transfer looks pretty appealing. :)

Comments

• @littleguy said: looks pretty appealing.

And if there were any host in the industry where looks were deceptive, then VD is first on that list. Zero support, zero service, and the nodes are absolute junk. In fact, they don't even run a ticket system, so they can conveniently ignore support requests.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • First post on LET just happens to mention a Provider by name, Plan w/ cost, and links to the order form? Spam, cough.

• I've had a 1gb volume drive vps for about a year now and this may come as a surprise to many, but it's actually quite a fast vps for the price. I have posted a test or two before on LET and on average I get about 60-70mb/s in the dd test. The only thing I would say it's that the network speed fluctuates quite a lot because sometimes we get 10mb/s and sometimes it drops to 2 or 3mb/s. But this is fine if your not hosting something really bandwidth intensive.

Volume drive are actually quite a big company and quite a few vps providers colo in their dc. It took a while for my vps to get set up (about 12-16 hours) because they don't have WHMCS or an alternative. Their support really wasn't that bad when I had a problem, they replied in about an hour, which isn't too bad considering the price and the fact that they don't have a ticketing system.

I think they can offer cheap vps's because they own so much hardware. However on the 1gb plan you only get one CPU core. You do get 2gb burst ram as well though, that isn't mentioned on the website. The only thing I would say though, is that the cause of the fluctuating network speed is probably because they don't give a toss about illegal activities on their servers.

• littleguylittleguy Member
    edited January 2012

@Mon5t3r said: you sure about that?

I did not see that listing. Did a search for VolumeDrive on LEB:
    http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=volumedrive&searchsubmit=Find
    ..the first page came up blank, guess I was a bit hasty.

After reviewing the comments they seem to have some fundamental issues (Poor templates, bad support, poor IO.) Also, they don't have CentOS 6 templates yet.

@Aldryic said: First post on LET

I've been around on LEB for a while, don't be paranoid. :)

• @titanicsaled said: I think they can offer cheap vps's because they own so much hardware.

This was mainly why I got interested at first. It's rare that dedi providers have low end VPS plans of their own.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited January 2012

Are they just reselling Burst.net or owning their equipments?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Go59954 said: Are they just reselling Burst.net or owning their equipments?

I think they colo in Burstnet, I am not too sure though.

• @Aldryic said: First post on LET just happens to mention a Provider by name, Plan w/ cost, and links to the order form? Spam, cough.

Oh come on, he's obviously trying to help LowEndBox and is just wondering why VolumeDrive isn't posted.

Providers that are jealous because another provider is the subject. pathetic, cough.

• Jealous? What good would it do to have our name in the title? We're sold out at the moment :P

Troll harder, mon ami <3

• Nah, it's not the first time I see a pretty harsh comment from you just because the subject happens to be another provider.

• I ordered from VolumeDrive once, took a little over 24 hours for them to set me up.

They never replied to my emails since then. I even sent one in saying I was cancelling and I got invoices nonstop for a whole month past the due date. I emailed them again and they decided to reply and took me off their mailing list.

I don't know if it was fast or not. I didn't use it lol

• I ran a minecraft server on one for several months, and I never had any issues with it or them. Once I cancelled, I received overdue notices for about two months, but I finally emailed them and they stopped it!

• @ztec said: Nah, it's not the first time I see a pretty harsh comment from you just because the subject happens to be another provider.

shrug Just calling it as I see it... same as you. If you're actually curious as to why I've made some of the commentary I have, just link me to the post in question via PM and I'll be happy to elaborate for you.

Seeing as how I repeatedly praise other hosts (Hostigation, dmbHosting, SecureDragon, etc), simply claiming that I get harsh when the subject is another provider seems to be a bit of a miss.

• What do you guys expect:

VolumeDrive is VD for short.
    VD = Venereal disease
    Therefore, VolumeDrive = STD's

If you feel the urge like we all do at one point in time, remember to use protection.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Adam said: Therefore, VolumeDrive = STD's

LOL!

• @ztec said: Nah, it's not the first time I see a pretty harsh comment from you just because the subject happens to be another provider.

You sure you're talking about the same @Aldryic that's here?

cough http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/21167#Comment_21167
    cough again http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/22397#Comment_22397

I better stop coughing as I have a full bladder and one may slip out.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • cough he's not mentioning me.. cough..

ok.. i'm out.. :P

• I bought a vps from them..though take almost 2 days to setup,the server have been up almost all the times....

• There are mixed reviews on VolumeDrive - be careful with them.

• I have volumedrive, I have a dedicated and two vps.

They have been great except for the slow setup times