Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost Canada VPS customers are being moved to BlueVM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost Canada VPS customers are being moved to BlueVM.

ynzhengynzheng Member
edited March 2013 in General

Wow wow what means of this

Got the message on twitter

"BlueVM_vps We would like to welcome ShoveHost clients that are being migrated to BlueVM. Open up a support ticket if you need anything! "

Soshovehos will gone?

Comments

• @ynzheng shovenose not going so fast

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

ShoveHost is going to remain. We've been around since 2010/2011 and aren't going anywhere.
    However, all of our Canada VPS customers are going to BlueVM. We will still provide US VPS and even better than before!

• @shovenose people get little confused with these moves

That's why they're getting a free month of BlueVM I think. :-)

• well
    As a customer of both shovehost and bluevm. Got nothing about this big news from th bothside what a pitty

I have 2 canada vps with shovehost
    Can i remain one with shovehost but move it to Us location

And move anther one to bluevm?

How to?

• lumaluma Member

@ynzheng said: Can i remain one with shovehost but move it to Us location

Why would you want to stay with a host that does not know what they are doing? He uses LEB as a personal helpdesk anytime he needs help.

Go with a real provider and you will get much better service.

@ynzheng all Canada VPS customers are being moved to BlueVM, no exceptions, sorry.
    However, since I trust BlueVM to provide a service as good or better as your ShoveHost VPS, I doubt you will have any problems and will enjoy their service.
    If you want a US VPS with us, you will probably want to wait for our next LEB offer.
    Thanks for your understanding and we appreciate your business.

• edited March 2013

Slightly curious as to why you didn't give the options to migrate existing Canadian customers over to your US infrastructure if they wanted.

But anyhow, best of luck to you and those involved.

• @luma said: Go with a real provider and you will get much better service.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I assume this move was due to Shovehost limiting its multi-national currency exchange risk, in parallel with a leveraged dollar options market program.

That's just how these big enterprises roll.

• LeeLee Veteran

So I am reading this right?

They are keeping their US "operation" open, but moving out of Canada, giving the Canada customers to BlueVM who are in the US rather than simply moving them to their own US servers?

I think their US customers should be looking to move to Bluevm too!

• NoxterNoxter Member
    edited March 2013

You folks love to kick a fella when he is down... give the kid a break. If you're a current customer, that is understandable, but if not, please stop posting in this thread.

@shovenose you have a duty to fulfill when serving customers. Pride yourself on doing one thing really well. Pride yourself on stability.

@Noxter thank you.
    We certainly have thought about this a great deal, and the best option to enable us to provide value VPS in the long run was to not renew our Canada nodes at OVH. This was not so much a financial problem as a problem with OVH itself, as well as some of the abuse our nodes were experiencing.
    We are redefining the future of our company, in order to serve you better. Not to rip you off. Everybody on their way to BlueVM is getting a month of free service as far as I know. Our US customers will benefit from faster support response times, more effiecient operations, and an improved quality of service.
    For existing Canada customers that ordered just because it was in Canada, well, sorry. But if you simply want a VPS at a good price and are in our Canada location, we're confident that BlueVM will serve you. Of course, if you really like ShoveHost you can certainly order a VPS and we will deploy it in the US. But try BlueVM first, before you do that!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@shovenose that still doesn't explain why you didn't offer US migrations to all your customers first - surely that would have made more sense than moving them on?

@Nekki: Sure, any current ShoveHost VPS customer can order a ShoveHost VPS. As can anybody else. And it will be deloyed in our permanent US location.

• LeeLee Veteran

You're avoiding the question, why not offer a migration to them?

• @W1V_Lee said: You're avoiding the question, why not offer a migration to them?

Because Solusvm click and go migration is not live yet.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

This just has no point behind it, poor decission making, and I don't even think @shovenose him self knows what he is rambling on about, or the main point behind this.

You're giving away customers in a Canadian location, to BlueVM who are moving them to a US Location. You deny a existing customer a migration (he offered to keep a service with shovehost aswell as bluevm, and you turned this down).

Does anyone else see the point behind this, or am I missing something?

We discussed this at length and determined this was the best action to take to ensure the longevity of our business and to make sure that our customers do not feel scammed or ripped off, and leave ShoveHost with a positive impression.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

I'm pretty excited for this, I dread migrations, as it's just so much waiting if you're doing migrations to different datacenters and then all the IP Changing. Ugh...

@NHNahian said: Because Solusvm click and go migration is not live yet.

• Well thats not really a news about OVH
    They doing problems to everyone who buying more then 10-20 servers in the account.
    I just dont understand why? i mean they prefer 1 server per client i dont understand that
    for that you dont know if he will stay next month or not wean you have client with 20 servers you 100% sure the client stay with you next month and the month after that.

• @Jacob said: I'm pretty excited for this, I dread migrations, as it's just so much waiting if you're doing migrations to different datacenters and then all the IP Changing. Ugh...

Atleast you know how to use cli. With a bit of scripting, migration can be automated so as solusvm db update. Depending on amount of container, I still prefer to do one after one.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@shovenose you're mugging yourself off here, by avoiding the question you're just raising more question about your business and ethics. If you made a mistake, history has shown you're better off coming clean about it. Everyone knows shit happens.

I'm just glad I cancelled when I did, I'd have been properly pissed off if I'd have started work on your promise of being able to stay in BHS only for this to happen.

• deadpool

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@shovenose Still doesn't answer the question.. Do you profit on selling the clients to BlueVM? If you want to grow your business, and ensure "longevity", wouldn't it be best to keep all the clients you can?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

This was not so much a financial problem as a problem with OVH itself,

I feel much more confident in the long term prospects of the Shovehost Empire now that I know that paying the large sum of ($59 x 2) monthly for those SP1 desktops at OVH wasn't a strain on the Shovehost balance sheet. #Winning! :)

a problem with OVH itself
    as well as some of the abuse our nodes were experiencing

The problem wasn't with OVH. They're a great host IF you are using their dedicated servers to host only your own company's websites and your company doesn't require a managed support hosting environment. The problem was that you didn't listen to the advice you were given from several people here that using OVH to offer shared hosting or VPS services was a very bad idea.

We are redefining the future of our company

Advice from someone who's been around since the days Gopher ruled the Internet: the best way to ensure that your company has a future is to concentrate on doing one thing well and waiting to expand to new markets/products until you've achieved success in one area (kind of the opposite of what you've been doing to date with your attempts to cover all aspects of the hosting industry)

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

@DomainBop said: achieved success in one area

Exactly how I am doing it now. I have done shared hosting for close to 5 years before deciding to move into vps and then I sold my shared hosting clients to another established provider.

No all I focus on vps and a semi medium sized free hosting project where I use them for guinea pig and lab rats :P

Focus in one area and shine and then use that to expand into other area and gain popularity.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NHNahian just out of interest, if you'd done well with shared hosting for so long, why sell that arm off when you expanded? I'd have thought that would have been a low-maintenance, steady cash-flow that'd be useful to keep hold of while expanding.

@unused no we're not "deadpool" now or any time.
    @DomainBop Most successful companies do more than one thing.