Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer either was hacked or broke TOS, rant, etc.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Customer either was hacked or broke TOS, rant, etc.

deveadevea Member
edited May 2017 in General

I did not get any mail notification, they suspended the vps, which caused me the impact and loss.The reason they are doing it is ridiculous.They said that i log in the account with different ip .So,they suspend the vps for security. There are three questions:
①I have identified those ip are my login.Why they still need my ID?There is no reason thry have to do it.
②How do they protect my account by my ID?Through my photo ID to launch a mysterious magic?
③If my account is at risk, I can avoid it by changing my password. My mailbox is not at risk. I am so proposed, but I was refused.
In my summary, they just want to get my ID. And threaten me to do it by suspending my vps!

The above is my personal view, there may be "false".I just want to state the reasons for the incident. I can not stand is the following thing:
I have communicate with them for many times.They don not answer my question and just want my ID.So I have to open dispute on paypal.The following is what he replyied on paypal:
"After investigating we found this user was using his VPS to download copyrighted torrents and we have pictures to prove this as such the user's account has been terminated in accordance to our TOS and thus is ineligible for a refund because he has used the service in a way we don't allow and neither does the Law."

I swear I have never done that!!!I do not know how he did it,but he let paypal believe it. After about ten minutes, paypal made the judgment:" After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.The item violates the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. It's ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection."
I am not complaining about the failure of the dispute. I am very angry with his practice.Why a business can be shameless to this level??? Using such a despicable means!!!

UPDATE: Why no one believe me, i never run torrent program!!!

UPDATE:@Bopie where is proof.i have not intsall such seedbox or quickbox.Suppose the hacker installed the these and i misunderstood you.I will apologize to you.

END: After calm down,i find that i can provide nothing to prove myself except words. The fact is that I can not cause any damage to PIOHOST LTD without proof.So there is no meaning to carry out this topic.Otherwise, I was helping PIOHOST LTD to increase visibility. which is contrary to what I want. In this matter I showed like a clown.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Oh good.

Thanked by 2joeri doghouch
  • Thanked by 2netomx cassa
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@piohost

devea said: launch a mysterious magic

I enjoyed this rant more than most.

Thanked by 2ElliotJ cassa
  • Can someone come and tldr this for me. I cannot understand what he is going on about here

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Tl:dr - Twit got suspended for Torrenting against ToS - then filed chargeback and unhappiness has gone from there.

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

Yeah these absolutely insane deals I'm getting are disgusting.

2GB yearly @ £12

512 yearly @ £9

• teamaccteamacc Member

VPS suspended due to different ips. Hosts wants ID card, OP doesnt understand why.

OP creates paypal claim, piohost wins said claim.

Drama.

• @Rhys said:
    Yeah these absolutely insane deals I'm getting are disgusting.

2GB yearly @ £12

512 yearly @ £9

@piohost wtf i want one

• BopieBopie Member

We asked for ID to prove you were the one using the account because of the following:

You then opened a PP dispute, for not as described which i got closed in 30 minutes as they don't cover what you were claiming,

If it was not you using the account then you would not have posted here as well this not confirms to me that it was in fact you torrenting . . . i don't know what else to say to you.

As for trying to say why do i need ID, if your account was compromised then most likely so would your email so why would i send a new password to your compromised email, I was genuinely trying to help you out sin case it was not you.

Thanked by 2Rhys JackH
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie said:
    We asked for ID to prove you were the one using the account because of the following:

You then opened a PP dispute, for not as described which i got closed in 30 minutes as they don't cover what you were claiming,

If it was not you using the account then you would not have posted here as well this not confirms to me that it was in fact you torrenting . . . i don't know what else to say to you.

As for trying to say why do i need ID, if your account was compromised then most likely so would your email so why would i send a new password to your compromised email, I was genuinely trying to help you out sin case it was not you.

So you're saying that you initially blocked the server only because someone logged in from another IP ?

• edited May 2017

So I have to open dispute on paypal.

No you don't have too. You can ask for a refund and it will be given.

So,they suspend the vps for security

They are well within their right too as stated in their TOS
    Customer agrees that PioHost LTD may suspend services to Customer without notice and
    without liability if: (i) PioHost LTD reasonably believes that the services are being used in violation of the AUP;
    (ii) Customer fails to cooperate with any reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP;
    (iii) PioHost LTD reasonably believes that the suspension of service is necessary to protect its network or its other customers,

Why they still need my ID?

To ensure you are a genuine customer. You are not required too provide it in the same way Piohost are not required to provide you with their services.

I am very angry with his practice

He has done nothing wrong providing he can provide proof you have been doing illegal activities.

• deveadevea Member
    edited May 2017

teamacc said: VPS suspended due to different ips. Hosts wants ID card, OP doesnt understand why.

OP creates paypal claim, piohost wins said claim.

Drama.

Sorry for my English and typography is not good. You misunderstood me.They slandered in the dispute that i ran the torrent program on vps.They were successful.Using such a despicable means!!!

• BopieBopie Member

@Clouvider said:

@Bopie said:

So you're saying that you initially blocked the server only because someone logged in from another IP ?

I intentionally suspended the VPS because of the torrenting then noticed the ips from UK and US etc so wanted to make sure the account was not compromised.

• deveadevea Member
    edited May 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: He has done nothing wrong providing he can provide proof you have been doing illegal activities.

This is make me angry!!! I never run torrent on vps.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@devea said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: He has done nothing wrong providing he can provide proof you have been doing illegal activities.

Did your cat install the quickbox seedbox suite?

• JackHJackH Member

Pretty much brand new account vs respected provider. Gimme popcorn pls.

Thanked by 3Bopie Basil cassa
  • BopieBopie Member

@devea said:

If you give me permission will happily post the rest of the proof i have however it does contain your name, I can however block that out if you wish

• @devea said:

Are we on the same fucking planet here kid?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • deveadevea Member

Rhys said: Did your cat install the quickbox seedbox suite?

I swear I never installed the software!!!I'm so angry that they slandered me

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Bopie said:

@Clouvider said:

@Bopie said:

I intentionally suspended the VPS because of the torrenting then noticed the ips from UK and US etc so wanted to make sure the account was not compromised.

How is the location of the Customer and IPs he or she logs in from relevant then?

You either suspend for breach of TOS (which without warning is harsh, but then you're in low end segment so can't spend time on dealing with this much) or you blocked them because you suspected the account was compromised, in which case I find it is a serious issue with your security policies and one could argue liability for it.

• deveadevea Member

Bopie said: If you give me permission will happily post the rest of the proof i have however it does contain your name, I can however block that out if you wish

you can do it.I actually dare to publish this song posts, not afraid of your proof.If i really do it, it will not be stupid to this point.

• Just like @clouvider, that's what stroke me weird. Unless torrenting is "we allow Linux ISOs" style in your network, why would you initially worry about the ip access?

• BopieBopie Member

@clouvider no I suspended him for breaking TOS, however, i asked him for ID as his account had been accessed from multiple IP so I didn't want to terminate and account that had been compromised as it would not be the client's fault in some sense, I don't want to terminate genuine clients unless I have to

Thanked by 2Clouvider sanvit
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

devea said: I swear I never installed the software

Quickbox is not something that can be "accidentally" installed.

• deveadevea Member
    edited May 2017

Bopie said: no I suspended him for breaking TOS, however, i asked him for ID as his account had been accessed from multiple IP so I didn't want to terminate and account that had been compromised as it would not be the client's fault in some sense, I don't want to terminate genuine clients unless I have to

Excuse!If I violate TOS, you can terminate my service directly! Why waste your time to my ID? In my talk to you, you never talked about me violating TOS, you just asked my ID.

• BopieBopie Member

@devea said:

Bopie said: no I suspended him for breaking TOS, however, i asked him for ID as his account had been accessed from multiple IP so I didn't want to terminate and account that had been compromised as it would not be the client's fault in some sense, I don't want to terminate genuine clients unless I have to

Excuse!If I violate TOS, you can terminate my service directly! Why waste your time to my ID? In my talk to you, you never talked about me violating TOS, you just asked my ID.

So i can determine if you were the account holder, why would i speak to you about breaking TOS if it was not actually you

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @devea

Suppose the server was hacked (considering the access IPs). Suppose the hacker installed the seedbox.

Now think of it from the host's perspective. He wants to keep you as a client but he also wants to have some re-assurance in case anything really bad is happening - hence, the ID request.

This is reasonable. I understand that you may not want to provide that, but because your server got hacked, the risk for the host is higher and he is right to try to cover his bases.

The host was willing to give a pass to the torrenting TOS violation (doesn't matter if it wasn't installed by you, since you are responsible for the server security). But since you played hardball with him, he said, ok, bye.

• deveadevea Member

Bopie said: So i can determine if you were the account holder, why would i speak to you about breaking TOS if it was not actually you

My mailbox is also stolen? Thief no ID?

• deveadevea Member

deadbeef said: Suppose the hacker installed the seedbox.

Why hackers install seedbox?It makes me confused

• .> @devea said:

deadbeef said: Suppose the hacker installed the seedbox.

Why hackers install seedbox?It makes me confused

Why did you install seedbox................................

This discussion has been closed.