Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost - 40% off all annual VPS packages
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost - 40% off all annual VPS packages

torqhosttorqhost Member
edited March 2013 in Offers

Special LET offer for 40% off our annual OpenVZ vSwap, KVM and XenPV packages (Levels 0, 1, 1++, 2++, 3++). Coupon code is LETMARCH

200 uses available (Stock may be limited for 1 platform based on ordered package levels).

All packages come with optional MySQL offload service (currently in Beta).

OpenVZ

Level 0
1 CPU Core
RAM: 256MB + 256MB vSwap
Disk: 20GB (SAS 15k in RAID10)
Transfer: 500GB
1 IPv4, IPv6 coming in Q1 2013
Price: 9 EUR / year (11.75 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH
Direct Order Link

Level 1
1 CPU Core
RAM: 512MB + 512MB vSwap
Disk: 40GB (SAS 15k in RAID10)
Transfer: 1 TB
Price: 15 EUR / year (19.55 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH
Direct Order Link

Level 1++
2 CPU Cores
RAM: 1 GB + 1 GB vSwap
Disk: 75GB (SAS 15k in RAID10)
Transfer: 2 TB
Price: 36 EUR / year (47 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH
Direct Order Link

Level 2++
2 CPU Cores
RAM: 2 GB + 2 GB vSwap
Disk: 100GB (SAS 15k in RAID10)
Price: 45 EUR / year (58.8 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH
Direct Order Link

XenPV and KVM

Level 0
1 CPU Core
RAM: 256MB (256MB Swap on XenPV)
Disk: 10GB
Transfer: 500GB
Price: 9 EUR / year (11.75 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH
Direct Order Link for XenPV
Direct Order Link for KVM

Level 1
1 CPU Core
RAM: 512MB (512MB Swap on XenPV)
Disk: 20GB
Transfer: 1 TB
Price: 15 EUR / year (19.55 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH

Level 1++
2 CPU Cores
RAM: 1 GB (1GB Swap on XenPV)
Disk: 25GB (45GB on XenPV)
Price: 36 EUR / year (47 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH

Level 2++
2 CPU Cores
RAM: 2 GB (2GB Swap on XenPV)
Disk: 45 GB (60GB on XenPV)
Price: 45 EUR / year (58.8 USD / year) with coupon LETMARCH

SolusVM Control panel
Accepted payments : Paypal (verified only), Moneybookers, Bank Transfers
Servers located in Tallinn, Estonia

Additional packages and more info:
OpenVZ: https://www.torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/openvz
XenPV: http://torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/xenpv
KVM: http://torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/kvm

Test file: http://80.79.116.26/100mb.test
Test IP: 80.79.116.26

Comments

• NeoNeo Banned

@torqhost Tor Relay allowed? hmmm

• @Neo: relay is ok. Exit is not allowed.

• NeoNeo Banned

You got an new costumer ;D

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited March 2013

Is video encoding allowed on kvm?
    Do you have windows template on kvm & xen?
    Is it possible to get 4 cores on Level 2++?

I'm not getting good latency from Australia

Pinging 80.79.116.26 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 80.79.116.26: bytes=32 time=347ms TTL=35
    Reply from 80.79.116.26: bytes=32 time=346ms TTL=35
    Reply from 80.79.116.26: bytes=32 time=344ms TTL=35
    Reply from 80.79.116.26: bytes=32 time=346ms TTL=35

Ping statistics for 80.79.116.26:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 344ms, Maximum = 347ms, Average = 345ms

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Low priced yearly plans in Estonia? You've got my attention.

• I have a 128 XEN with them for few months, port limits to 6M if I remembrance was right, and server quite reliable, going to get a KVM this time :)

• 5hi745hi74 Member

great offer,but can the old annual kvm plan be upgraded?

• tcreutcreu Member

great provider. fast and reliable

• custom plans or exra IPv4 addresses?
    2 or 3 KVM/XEN L0 merged together would be great.
    Basically I don't need a lot of disk and bw but I need more IPv4 and 512+MB of RAM.

• torqhosttorqhost Member
    edited March 2013

@Ruriko: Loading the CPU to the maximum for prolonged periods of time is not allowed as the cores are not dedicated. Since encoding video would load it to maximum, this is not allowed.
    Upgrading cores is possible, but it is not cost effective compared to buying the next plan.
    Ping to Australia is indeed high because it goes via the USA. It would best to pick a US based offer for you.

@AstroProfundis: The port speed should be 100mbps, so 11-12M should be achievable depending on your location. Could you please open a ticket or send a PM with your IP so we could check for packet loss to your location.
    @5hi74: Existing packages which were not bough as part of previous promotions can be upgraded (you are talking about data transfer amount?). Please open a ticket and we will upgrade you.

@hostingwizard_net: Additional IPs are possible, but custom plans are not possible at this time. Thank you for the suggestion for another plan. We may consider it in the future to have a low disk space plan, but with higher RAM.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@torqhost manual provision?

• @torqhost said: Could you please open a ticket or send a PM with your IP so we could check for packet loss to your location

I just checked, no problem now, could be some very old issue or I was mixed with my memory :)

• @LAKid yes, provision is manual.

• @AstroProfundis We changed to Linx Telecom last month. The network quality has actually improved since then.

• How do you select USA as the location?
    Do you have windows template?

• @Ruriko You could look at lowendbox.com for USA offers. We do not have US based servers.
    There are no Windows templates as we do not have a SPLA agreement with Microsoft.

Update: All the KVMs have been sold. Surprisingly 1GB and 2GB RAM KVM plans were the most popular.
    Plenty of Xen and OpenVZ are left.

• pottupottu Member
    edited March 2013

@torqhost said: @AstroProfundis We changed to Linx Telecom last month. The network quality has actually improved since then.

Oh, did not know that. I guess that would/could be the reason why my latency to Torqhost has more than doubled (I'm located in Finland) within the past few weeks or so ?

Before, it was consistently (for several weeks) ~10ms on average, now within the past ~10 days it's been 16ms, then 1-2 days later 23ms, then ~30ms and now back to 22ms.

I've been checking it with 'just-ping', as there is another Finnish location on their test list, to make sure it's not my connection (unless they're using the same ISP, not sure as there's no IP address shown). When my latency was ~10ms, their latency was very similar, when my latency was ~30ms, theirs was very close to that etc.

Tracing route to torqhost.com [80.79.127.18]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 10.20.8.1
    2 9 ms 7 ms 8 ms 141.208.212.177
    3 97 ms 8 ms 11 ms hkiasbr1-s0-0-0.datanet.tele.fi [141.208.8.10]
    4 9 ms 7 ms 42 ms hls-b1-link.telia.net [213.248.68.209]
    5 15 ms 17 ms 16 ms s-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.251.33]
    6 16 ms 15 ms 16 ms s-b2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.149]
    7 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms level3-ic-155475-s-b2.c.telia.net [213.248.99.134]
    8 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms LINX-TELECO.bar1.Stockholm1.Level3.net [213.242.110.78]
    9 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms r9-ae4-0-Sto-TC-SE.linxtelecom.net [212.47.201.193]
    10 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms r9-ae5-0-Tln-TIX-EE.linxtelecom.net [212.47.201.121]
    11 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms 195.222.7.174
    12 24 ms 23 ms 24 ms 80.79.118.194
    13 22 ms 24 ms 23 ms mail.torqhost.com [80.79.127.18]

The route/ping is identical to my actual VPS, except for the last hop obviously. I don't have a tracert saved from when the ping was ~10ms, but I'm pretty sure it was < 10 hops then.

Oh well, it's still a pretty good latency and the first KVM I got has been stable so I ordered another one. Was just wondering why the sudden bump in ping. :-)

Thanks.

• torqhosttorqhost Member
    edited March 2013

@pottu The ping for Finland depends on your ISP and in a lot of cases it is smaller. For example pinging helsinki.fi from the server shows 13ms, the same happens with finland.fi although they seem to be hosted in different DCs. Ping to Elisa Finland network is still 12-14ms. The hop increase was to be expected because Linx traffic goes to Sweden and then back to Finland (around +5ms was expected).

• Sorry I didn't mean that if you provided windows license I actually meant do you have a windows template where the user can enter their own license key

• @Ruriko I am sorry, but this is not possible. We would provide Windows only if we have proper licensing in place.

• PerttiPertti Member
    edited March 2013

XenPV level 1++ result: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/03/05/wRx9xaqG3xrCzxfq

@pottu seems that some traffic goes via Sweden from Finland, but for example DNA goes straight.

• NeoNeo Banned

I bougt 2, 1x 256KVM and 1x 512MB KVM both running like a charm.
    On the 512MB im running a littel Gameserver without laggs for 15Euros per Year awesome.

• Be careful while doing a serverbear benchmark hence my KVM VPS has been suspended due to "Your server was suspended for extreme IO abuse. Heavily writing / reading from disk is not allowed as it is a shared resource. "

@torqhost @serverbear

• Yes, the benchmark tripped the IO latency alarm. The issue was caused because there were OS installations going on at the time on the node and the benchmark caused a latency increase.

I feel it is best we do monitoring for this instead of letting individual servers cause performance degradation on the node.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@torqhost Hope you terminate those running any benchmarks for other's sake.
    What's the point of running benchmark anyway?

• @LAKid Nobody got terminated, we stopped the server and notified the user. Do you feel we should let our customers be the sensors and report poor performance instead of monitoring it?

• LAKidLAKid Member

@torqhost I think either way is fine and what you're doing is perfect for me.
    You'll get less annoying clients and tickets because you've already stopped the abuser.

• @LAKid

To have comparable information about the VPS.

@torqhost

It is unsuspended.Now I am testing only download & upload speed.I hope it will not be suspended due to bandwidth abuse :D

Btw Its nice to see you have sensitive monitoring this is the first time my VPS suspended while benchmarking as i have used serverbear script to test over 20 VPS.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited March 2013

@imperio I still don't understand, so you have those numbers now, so what?
    It may change tomorrow or day after, also you already paid for a full year, so what if those numbers are low, are you going to ask refund?
    What's the point other than slowing down other customers' box?

• @LAKid

The reason we chose to do monitoring vs letting the users report it, is because it would seem a large percentage of people would simply not report the problem at all and either cancel or simply leave it as is and remember the poor performance.
    With LET crowd it seems to be less of an issue as the community is knowledgeable in terms of optimizations, but we have a lot of users who just use defaults for things like mysql for example. With large, busy databases, the default settings will absolutely kill performance.
    In terms of IO we monitor only latency to disk array, as this is the thing that matters (sequential, e.g. dd, doesn't really matter in real use based on statistical data we collected over the years).

@imperio You would not be suspended for bandwidth abuse, this would not be a problem :)
    The benchmark would also normally not trigger an alarm. Because of the promotion here we provisioned many servers in a short time span and they were also busy with OS installs, etc, so this compounded with the benchmark caused the alarm.