Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server US - E3 1240v2 16GB 120GB SSD /29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server US - E3 1240v2 16GB 120GB SSD /29

Fearing my current provider will implode, I am looking for someone who can supply something like what I have. Must have clean or cleanable IPs for email. Realistic budget. Used to host websites. Only normal email sent. No UCE.

Comments

• @MTUser2012 said:
    Fearing my current provider will implode, I am looking for someone who can supply something like what I have. Must have clean or cleanable IPs for email. Realistic budget. Used to host websites. Only normal email sent. No UCE.

As I asked before, name of the current provider so that we can rule them out ?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

MTUser2012 said: Realistic budget.

That's very subjective in this marketplace.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

We can do a E3-1230v3 with 16GB RAM and a 500GB SSD for $69 per month

PM me know if interested

Comes with a clean /29 Block

Thanks

• micronodesmicronodes Member, Host Rep

I could do a E3-1240 with 16gb RAM and 120gb SSD + 500gb HDD with a /27 clean block for $150/monthly. PM if interested

• Current provider is obviously VortexNode

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Any specific location? QuickPacket can help in Los Angeles or Atlanta.

• Either location is fine. I'd prefer LA. Thanks.

@qps said:
    Any specific location? QuickPacket can help in Los Angeles or Atlanta.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket is offering E3-1270 with 16GB RAM and 128GB SSD in LA for $40/month on special right now. Promo code is C3Z5WKSTN0.

• @qps said:
    QuickPacket is offering E3-1270 with 16GB RAM and 128GB SSD in LA for $40/month on special right now. Promo code is C3Z5WKSTN0.

Nice deal

@MTUser2012 you got the best deal

Thanked by 1qps
  • are you willing to transfer your current server to my vortex account please :D

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@maldovia said:
    Current provider is obviously VortexNode

They seem to have things under control.

• @jbiloh said:

@maldovia said:
    Current provider is obviously VortexNode

They seem to have things under control.

They've not spoken to their client to date. I have cancelled all services, I know many others are scaling down or closing their accounts. You for one learned communication gets you far, they are yet to learn.

• I got a decent E3 deal from Heymman Servers for $24. No SSD though. My site is transferred and the IPs work. I'll keep looking for a good SSD deal now that I am not in a rush.

Part of the problem with a my previous provider was dirty IPs. Even though I checked them and rejected the first IPs as they were on two black lists, the second set was on the Big MS list because of the owner of the IP. I only found that out when my site went live. I opened a ticket about it. That ticket was ignored for 2 days then closed without resolution. I'd rather pay more and get some service. I've put my cancellation request in. It can't be long before everything implodes and the teeth gnashing starts.

For future reference, does anyone know how to check whether an IP is on the MS bad host list?

• NetxonsNetxons Member

MTUser2012 said: I got a decent E3 deal from Heymman Servers for $24. No SSD though. My site is transferred and the IPs work. I'll keep looking for a good SSD deal now that I am not in a rush.

You got a very good deal mind to share some benchmark when you got the server online? Which data center you chosen Chicago or Kansas City? It seems all server is sold out on their website as well as the WHMCS.

• RolterRolter Member

@Netxons said:

>

You got a very good deal mind to share some benchmark when you got the server online? Which data center you chosen Chicago or Kansas City? It seems all server is sold out on their website as well as the WHMCS.

Got excited aswell , until i checked server availability.

• [root@xx ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Sun May 21 16:34:51 MDT 2017
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Cores : 8
    Frequency : 3437.585 MHz
    Memory : 15823 MB
    Swap : MB
    Uptime : 1 day, 9:39,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64
    Hostname : xx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is xxx.xxx.xxx.x

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 111MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 61.5MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 57.1MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 30.8MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 28.7MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 2.46MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 13.8MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 5.92MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 8.44MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 16.2MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 173 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 173 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 172 MB/s
    Average I/O : 172.667 MB/s

@Netxons said:

MTUser2012 said: I got a decent E3 deal from Heymman Servers for $24. No SSD though. My site is transferred and the IPs work. I'll keep looking for a good SSD deal now that I am not in a rush.