Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did anyone's buyshared IP change??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Did anyone's buyshared IP change??

I can't find any emails about it, but my site wasn't working suddenly. When I logged in to cPanel, I noticed the IP has changed.

Comments

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited May 2017

Same here. Didn't check the IP yet but all sites give a 404.

Edit: Yeah, my IP changed as well. Maybe something to do with the node? 2 days ago the storage ran out of space. Couldn't upload anything and I'm only using 69% of my quota. Node disk usage is now at 36% vs 99-100% couple of days ago.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Mine is working

• AcacyAcacy Member

Up and running, mine at node LVshared01

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Maybe node specific issue ?? Contact them at support desk ;)

• I have 3 services in LV, 2/3 of them had IP changed. 1 is fine.

I'll open a ticket, just thought I may have missed an email or something mentioning it

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

popcorn.gif

Thanked by 1yomero
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

My Wiki is still up here.

• Still the same IP here :)

• TomTom Member

Same IP here @ LU.

• souensouen Member
    edited May 2017

My IP was changed and account was moved from LU01 to LU04. Didn't receive any email, found out when login for mail hosted there (different from billing) kept failing 2 days ago.

Not happy it happened without advance notice, hopefully the LU04 move is a good thing. A little uncertain as I thought one of the newer nodes had web server issues. Past the initial hiccup, LU01 uptime has been great.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry, we were in a bit of a rush to get some reshuffling done and thought we only nabbed people using our DNS.

We only grabbed shared users from LU01 and swapped them to LU04. I guess I need to go over our scripts some more since it shouldve been seemless.

LU04 has been great ever since litespeed fixed their crashes. LU01 will be decommissioned in the coming month or two as its just a large KVM but has half the available space.

Francisco

Thanked by 2hostdare souen
  • @Francisco said:
    Sorry, we were in a bit of a rush to get some reshuffling done and thought we only nabbed people using our DNS.

We only grabbed shared users from LU01 and swapped them to LU04. I guess I need to go over our scripts some more since it shouldve been seemless.

LU04 has been great ever since litespeed fixed their crashes. LU01 will be decommissioned in the coming month or two as its just a large KVM but has half the available space.

Francisco

seamless*

Wait, you are retiring LU01 ? damn !

@Junkless said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

seamless*

Well, sorta, the current hardware will. LU01 was just a testbed to get a feel for how shared would do in Europe w/o having to go big on the gear.

Now that it's just mostly full of resellers I'll likely schedule a maintenance window in the next month or so and DD the drive image over to a much larger node (72GB RAM, 2TB+ of SSD storage, etc).

Again, I apologize, we thought we only caught people using our nameservers in the pull.

Francisco

Thanked by 1souen
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@Francisco said:

@Junkless said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

seamless*

Well, sorta, the current hardware will. LU01 was just a testbed to get a feel for how shared would do in Europe w/o having to go big on the gear.

Now that it's just mostly full of resellers I'll likely schedule a maintenance window in the next month or so and DD the drive image over to a much larger node (72GB RAM, 2TB+ of SSD storage, etc).

Again, I apologize, we thought we only caught people using our nameservers in the pull.

Francisco

Could be people used the ip hardcoded somewhere regardless. Should've emailed in advance imo, regardless of what nameserver they used.

@teamacc said:

Could be people used the ip hardcoded somewhere regardless. Should've emailed in advance imo, regardless of what nameserver they used.

Fair, I agree with that. The node was getting into some sketchy territory space wise though so we needed a 'now' fix and not a 'in 24 hours' one. Thankfully 04's a properly fleshed out node so it's not going anywhere or due for any replacement.

Ultimately I'd rather take my lumps over this than 'omg I cant open WHM because its over 90% usage'.

Thanks for putting up with it!

Francisco

• when was this done ? I was not able to create accounts around 8 hours back but thought it was WHMCS messing up.

@Junkless said:
    when was this done ? I was not able to create accounts around 8 hours back but thought it was WHMCS messing up.

We only did shared, not resellers.

If something isn't letting you create accounts in a reseller open a ticket and we'll look further.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

If something isn't letting you create accounts in a reseller open a ticket and we'll look further.

Francisco

Yeah, I get that. I meant may be the storage was full hence I was not able to create account. I created the account manually and it worked. That's why I was blaming WHMCS.

But still, when did the move occur ?

@Junkless said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Yeah, I get that. I meant may be the storage was full hence I was not able to create account. I created the account manually and it worked. That's why I was blaming WHMCS.

But still, when did the move occur ?

Few days back, I want to say Thursday/Friday?

It's possible it was. The node was sitting around 60 - 70% usage for the entire year then spiked quickly up past 90%. It wasn't log files or anything like that, I'm just guessing some users decided to go crazy on their space.

Either way, the best option is to just decom the hardware and swap it to much bigger drives. That's in the works.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

It's possible it was. The node was sitting around 60 - 70% usage for the entire year then spiked quickly up past 90%. It wasn't log files or anything like that, I'm just guessing some users decided to go crazy on their space.

Either way, the best option is to just decom the hardware and swap it to much bigger drives. That's in the works.

Francisco

So it was not today.

Also, after the eventual migration, will the IP/Nameserver IPs change ?

@Junkless said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

So it was not today.

Also, after the eventual migration, will the IP/Nameserver IPs change ?

Nope on resellers, and unlikely on accounts. I have to check it over, but I think we'll have a /24 that's barely in use on that node that I'd like to reclaim. If that happens we'll ticket each reseller and schedule swaps with them if at all possible. 107.189.1.x won't renumber, 107.189.2.x is the subnet I'd want to reclaim if possible.

For resellers we'll just schedule a maintenance long enough for me to DD the data over to the bigger drives. I'll then have to just reinstall GRUB and we're all set.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Nope on resellers, and unlikely on accounts. I have to check it over, but I think we'll have a /24 that's barely in use on that node that I'd like to reclaim. If that happens we'll ticket each reseller and schedule swaps with them if at all possible. 107.189.1.x won't renumber, 107.189.2.x is the subnet I'd want to reclaim if possible.

For resellers we'll just schedule a maintenance long enough for me to DD the data over to the bigger drives. I'll then have to just reinstall GRUB and we're all set.

Francisco

Great. I am on 107.189.1.xx, so I am good hopefully.

Also, I asked this on Discord, but couldnt check if you replied later or not (too many messages there), but do you guys allow overselling ?

edited May 2017

We do :)

Don't hesitate to pm me on discord and I'll reply there.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @Francisco said:

@teamacc said:

Fair, I agree with that. The node was getting into some sketchy territory space wise though so we needed a 'now' fix and not a 'in 24 hours' one. Thankfully 04's a properly fleshed out node so it's not going anywhere or due for any replacement.

Ultimately I'd rather take my lumps over this than 'omg I cant open WHM because its over 90% usage'.

Thanks for putting up with it!

Francisco

No worries. Good to see you're on top of node issues. Updated DNS and we're all good to go :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • JorboxJorbox Member

changing the ip without telling their customers !! wtf ,
    even if they use the dns , most of them are resellers and using whmcs so they whitelisted the server ip , the customers must know that the ip have been changed , or know that they have been forced to move to another overselled server

• ricardoricardo Member

Jorbox said: changing the ip without telling their customers

It happens plenty. Lots of shared hosting providers seem to go on the assumption that the end user should change nameservers to the shared hosts which'd make it a non-issue.

• @Jorbox said:
    changing the ip without telling their customers !! wtf ,
    even if they use the dns , most of them are resellers and using whmcs so they whitelisted the server ip , the customers must know that the ip have been changed , or know that they have been forced to move to another overselled server

as @francisco mentioned multiple times, only shared customers were moved. No reseller accounts were moved at all.

Jorbox said: most of them are resellers and using whmcs so they whitelisted the server ip

Very few people run WHMCS on the shared plans, on the resellers it's more common and we didn't renumber those just because of those very concerns.

Francisco

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • KodisKodis Member
    edited May 2017

In my two plans also changed Ip without any notice.
    to:
    (removed by mod)