Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean UK / NL data centers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean UK / NL data centers?

XeiXei Member

I did a bit of Google and couldn't find where/who they are hosted with for AMS-2, AMS-3 and the UK location.

Thanked by 1surfcu

Comments

• ButtersButters Member

https://www.digitalocean.com/help/policy/

Where are your datacenters located?

We have three datacenters located in the NYC area (located in the Equinix and Telx datacenters), San Francisco (Telx), Singapore (Equinix), London (Equinix), three in Amsterdam (TelecityGroup), Frankfurt (Interxion), and Toronto (TR2 Equinix). We have multiple private peering uplink providers including Level3, NTT, nLayer, Tinet, TATA, and Telia. We are directly peered to hundreds of other providers on public exchange points.

• XeiXei Member

Fail on my part. Thanks!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Not up to date any more.

Telecity was bought by Equinix. Some Datacentres were later sold to Digital Reality.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • DO UK location is Equinix LD5 Slough

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FoulFoul Member

Sounds like a job for @jarland to update the site.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Foul said:

Thanks! I'll look into it. There's something else on there I'd like to get changed soon, good time to gather any others.

• @jarland said:

@Foul said:

Thanks! I'll look into it. There's something else on there I'd like to get changed soon, good time to gather any others.

https://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/3276477-allow-custom-images

;)

Because of how deeply we use cloudinit in our images, I do not see this happening anytime in the near future. That's just me though, I'm not the one who would be responsible for doing it so someone else internally may feel differently.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • XeiXei Member
    edited May 2017

The first UK droplet I spun up had great speeds. The second was significantly different routing wise it seemed. The droplets were from drastically different IP ranges. Would that mean they're located in the same data center but in a different rack? Should they route equally (not my experience)? Just curious if I just need to spin up instances til I get one from the original IP range for the same speeds/connectivity. Could be a fluke on my end but where I'm testing from seems consistent always.

@Xei said:
    The first UK droplet I spun up had great speeds. The second was significantly different routing wise it seemed. The droplets were from drastically different IP ranges. Would that mean they're located in the same data center but in a different rack? Should they route equally (not my experience)? Just curious if I just need to spin up instances til I get one from the original IP range for the same speeds/connectivity. Could be a fluke on my end but where I'm testing from seems consistent always.

One thing to keep in mind is that your ISP might route differently to different ranges. Otherwise they should be the same on our side.

Thanked by 2Xei Clouvider