Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMyBytes closing some services May 15 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMyBytes closing some services May 15

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

bacloud said: servers hardware, Infrastructure, office, employees, network channels, administrative costs, bills.

They only rent servers, nothing is owned. They use Enzu/BudgetVM for the majority of their locations which is incredibly cheaply priced.

A lot of the owners/workers were based out of India meaning a livable wage is very low, making $1000/m in India is a fairly high paying wage all considering.

Francisco

Thanked by 2deadbeef ricardo
  • DevilDevil Member

BlazeMuis said: Some companies simply don't care about their customers, I prefer to skip those.

Someone always learns to skip the hard way.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

bacloud said: I sometimes wonder how such companies has persisted for so long.

because many people assume it is sustainable and sign up on yearly or longer deals, which gives them enough to survive until they run out of these customers.

If a restaurant was offering a yearly deal, 3-course meals ever day for 1 payment of $50 p/year, you might question the quality of the food or how long that would last, sooner or later they would run out of 'new' customers and boom.. running at a loss.

That is just the way of the world though if it is cheap people will buy it usually without questioning the bigger picture.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@mikho said:
    Should have kept the hostmybits domains .... argh dammit.

It's almost summer! And I was the lucky winner of that auction...

Thanked by 1mikho
  • WebGuruWebGuru Member

Received this emailed just now although i am not an active client.

Hello,

There is some confusion regarding our last email that we would like to clarify. HostMyBytes is not closing or going out of business. Due to the changing hosting market, we are discontinuing our shared web hosting, reseller web hosting, unmanaged OpenVZ VPS line. unmanaged KVM VPS line and unmanaged windows VPS product.

These services will shut down on May 30th, 2017. If you have prepaid for one of the services that are being discontinued beyond May 30th, 2017 please open a ticket with billing to explore a possible prorated refund. HostMyBytes is going to be focusing on on our managed VPS product, hybrid server product, and dedicated servers.

HostMyBytes is going to be focusing on on our managed VPS product, hybrid server product, and dedicated servers. Our current customers who would like to remain HostMyByts customer can upgrade to a hybrid server or dedicated server at a discounted rate. If you are interested in upgrading and migrating to either a dedicated server or hybrid server at a discounted rate please open a ticket with sales and we can help with this process.

Thank You,
    HostMyBytes

Thanked by 1jbarr
  • Not that cheap though.. Those servers are pretty expensive there.

@BlazeMuis said:

Not that cheap though.. Those servers are pretty expensive there.

Check budgetVM, same group.

Francisco

Thanked by 2BlazeMuis Foul
  • The title makes it sound like they are closing for good. Looks like a title change is required.

• jbarrjbarr Member

@PremiumN said:
    The title makes it sound like they are closing for good. Looks like a title change is required.

Done.

• ashkulzashkulz Member

@Francisco said:
    A lot of the owners/workers were based out of India meaning a livable wage is very low, making $1000/m in India is a fairly high paying wage all considering.

Francisco

TBH that isn't a very high wage if you're living in the largest cities, considering you need good internet connectivity and office space. If you live in smaller cities that's an extremely good wage but internet connectivity is mostly unreliable.

Source: live in Mumbai (financial capital).

@advarisk said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

TBH that isn't a very high wage if you're living in the largest cities, considering you need good internet connectivity and office space. If you live in smaller cities that's an extremely good wage but internet connectivity is mostly unreliable.

Source: live in Mumbai (financial capital).

If they work from home it's not that big of a deal, save some cash :)

Francisco

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

If they work from home it's not that big of a deal, save some cash :)

Francisco

Thats the case Actually. A lot of my friends work from home as freelancers and make upwards of $xxxx from home. Internet is quite affordable these days.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2017

KuJoe said: What happened to companies who gave a damn about their clients?

Only the strong survive in this marketplace.

(He says casually, to KuJoe, a fucking legend of this particular marketplace)

Awmusic12635 said: I will reactivate our 50% off offer

Fuck you very much.

Also... <3

• jbarrjbarr Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Appreciate the mention. While I can't directly match that pricing listed above, I will reactivate our 50% off offer.

It applies to our shared hosting: http://impactshared.com and our VPS Resource Pools (VDR) : http://impactvps.com

Code: HOSTMYBYTES

It is recurring and does apply to future upgrades of your service.

The Shopping Cart displays this when I apply the above promo code:

"The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms"

• Francisco said: If they work from home it's not that big of a deal, save some cash :)

Nothing like working from home! Your business attire consists of sweatpants and flipflops :D

• jbarrjbarr Member

Interestingly, I was able to install Moodle onto my DreamHost account and restore the original site without incident. Not sure what the previous issue was. THat said, I'm still looking for a VPS solution, so I'll review the above info. Thanks!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jarland said: Fuck you very much.
    Also... <3

<3

jbarr said: The Shopping Cart displays this when I apply the above promo code:

"The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms"

Did you select a storage server? The promotion does not apply to them.

@DigitalFyre said:

Francisco said: If they work from home it's not that big of a deal, save some cash :)

Nothing like working from home! Your business attire consists of sweatpants and flipflops :D

Pants? Fucking casuals I swear.

Francisco

• Francisco said: Pants? Fucking casuals I swear.

Don't we know it :P

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • bersybersy Member

I still have unused credits with them :(