Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one have reviews about Contabo dDos Protection ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ObadaObada Member

Hello all,
Thanks in advance

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

You mean the Germans that illegally provide services to the Syrian government?

https://bgpview.io/prefix/95.212.0.0/17#info

I'll pass, but seems to be Level3 protection mostly.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@William said:
    You mean the Germans that illegally provide services to the Syrian government?

https://bgpview.io/prefix/95.212.0.0/17#info

I'll pass, but seems to be Level3 protection mostly.

Seems to be an ADSL and hosting company in Syria. What's the problem?

• Its not too strong, kinda weak

• WilliamWilliam Member

Nuntius said: Seems to be an ADSL and hosting company in Syria. What's the problem?

German, EU and lastly UN sanctions on the Syrian 'government' (from either before the civil war for terrorism support or then), all telecom operations in Syria are co owned by the Syrian government (MTN etc. already quit and sold their assets off, but are not based in US/EU and not within UN sanction times).

Even if we assume the IPs were sold it is likely that the sale was illegal or violates sanctions also.

• NuntiusNuntius Member
    edited May 2017

@William said:

Nuntius said: Seems to be an ADSL and hosting company in Syria. What's the problem?

German, EU and lastly UN sanctions on the Syrian 'government' (from either before the civil war for terrorism support or then), all telecom operations in Syria are co owned by the Syrian government (MTN etc. already quit and sold their assets off, but are not based in US/EU and not within UN sanction times).

Even if we assume the IPs were sold it is likely that the sale was illegal or violates sanctions also.

And you think if they broke the sanctions - they are not already get busted?

I can also find only Travel bans

Asset freezes

Arms embargo

and Electronic and Telco equipment export bans. Or do you have some information about providing telco services bans?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • oshqeuoshqeu Member

@Obada said:
    Hello all,
    Thanks in advance

Yes I check his Ddos protection , some time we have package lost, but they fix it after email sending.

• ObadaObada Member

@oshqeu said:
    Yes I check his Ddos protection , some time we have package lost, but they fix it after email sending.

i heard from other people who using contabo if they got ddos and send mail to support they off their vps for sometime until ddos stop. and any one can make udp flood to their game server

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@Obada said:

@oshqeu said:

i heard from other people who using contabo if they got ddos and send mail to support they off their vps for sometime until ddos stop. and any one can make udp flood to their game server

You really trust Combozo with your data? Let alone DDoS protection?

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Obada said:
    contabo

@doghouch said:
    Combozo

I think you're confusing two shitty hosts

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited May 2017

Contabo is the worst german provider ever. Don't go with them.

Use Hetzner, it's bosslike. Cheap prices, guaranteed 1gbps on dedicated servers, a very smart and fast support.

Thanked by 1Obada
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@teamacc said:

@Obada said:
    contabo

@doghouch said:
    Combozo

I think you're confusing two shitty hosts

Can confirm. Wrong insult...

They're still pretty bad, but I can't use that insult :(

• WilliamWilliam Member

Nuntius said: And you think if they broke the sanctions - they are not already get busted?

No, why? The DE gov and no one else is actively monitoring ASNs for Syrian prefixes and similar, thus rely on reports. This is not the US with permanent 24/7 monitoring.

Point is this is not legal, somewhere it has to be illegal, regardless who earns from it or pays for it - Someone either inside Syria gets money for it or moves money for it out, both which are saction violations.

Nuntius said: Asset freezes

^Payments are assets, and telco companies are gov owned in Syria as Joint Venture.

BTN, an US ISP providing connectivity to STY, had to get specific export licensing for this as wlel years ago already.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2017

I got the following mail from Contabo on 8th May, 2017:

Contabo wins German Data Center Award 2017!

During a ceremony on the evening of the 25th of April 2017, the winners of the “Deutscher Rechenzentrumspreis 2017” (German Data Center Award 2017) were honored. Prior to the award presentation ceremony, an independent expert panel selected the award winners among 65 data center projects which had been handed in by data center operators from all over Germany. The jury focused especially on the cutting-edge and visionary character of the data center projects as well as the achievable (energy-)efficiency in the data center services.

Contabo has won the first place in category 6 – “Increase in energy efficiency through reconstruction in an existing data center” – with its data center in Nuremberg and consequently received the German Data Center Award 2017.

This award is a huge acknowledgement of the efforts we have carried out in the past years with the ultimate goal to make the operation of the Contabo data centers as energy efficient and stable as possible – and at the same time even more attractive for our customers. In the course of the energetic optimization of the prize-winning data center in Nuremberg we have, for instance, replaced many installations of the electric and air conditioning supply with new and high-efficient machines. By doing so, we have replaced dozens of ventilators and all of our UPS and air conditioning systems. Additionally, we have built a new room for a thermal separation of our UPS batteries. On the basis of extensive planning and project scheduling as well as precautionary activities, all these measures were implemented without any interruption of the operation of our customer servers. For the Contabo customers, for whom we have thousands of servers online in our data center, all these actions were performed noiseless.

As a result, the PUE value (PUE = “Power Usage Effectiveness”) of the data center in Nuremberg could be reduced from 2.0 to almost 1.2 within one year. With full use of the data center capacity, the electricity costs of all data center services will be reduced by more than 1 million Euros every year. This is a huge increase in the efficiency of our services, which Contabo passes on to its customers 1:1 – in the form of an excellent price-performance-ratio of all offered hosting products.

Receiving the German Data Center Award is a big honor for us; in addition, it encourages us to continue our path of permanently searching for and implementing technological improvements for our products and data centers. For the future, our goal is to continue to offer our customers the same as today: Premium products and an excellent customer service combined with an unbeatable price-performance-ratio.

• William said: no one else is actively monitoring ASNs for Syrian prefixes and similar

it looks you do.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

graphic said: Use Hetzner, it's bosslike. Cheap prices, guaranteed 1gbps on dedicated servers, a very smart and fast support.

Guaranteed to where? ToR switch? Hetzner is known for heaving far from top shelf network.

• ButtersButters Member

hetzner added the last months multiple 100G's of bandwith to their network. hetzners network is now at 1,96 TBit.

what kind of problems do you have with hetzners network?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited May 2017

@Butters said:
    hetzner added the last months multiple 100G's of bandwith to their network. hetzners network is now at 1,96 TBit.

what kind of problems do you have with hetzners network?

Thank you.

They've also got an 100g private peering to OVH

• AmitzAmitz Member

Hetzner's network has improved A LOT during the last 1-2 years. @clouvider: You might want to check their network again...