Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpaceRich Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpaceRich Review

IxapeIxape Member
edited July 2011 in Reviews

A fews week ago I decided to give SpaceRich a shot. I went for one of their 10Mbps unmetered VPS in Munich, DE – Hetzner. The plan comes with 256MB RAM (Burst 384MB) and 25GB disk space for $3.99 monthly.

So far so good. I have been using the little box for mirroring websites and as a seed box. So far so good. Admittedly there it a little poor disk I/O on the node but then again it’s a $4 low end box!

It’s been proving good for my website mirror – As the tool I use for it can be rather resource intensive on larger websites. I’ve been able to burst to my full 384MB of RAM. The 10Mbps is proving handy – I’ve been able to burst it 100% at all times I’ve needed too – Whilst it’s not the fastest ports (and I’m getting what I pay for) it’s proves handy for downloading big files – As speed isn’t important to me whilst overall bandwidth allowance is < The 10Mbps port gives me just this.

CPU power has been good – Running my application has taken the box into load averages of 2.00 and I haven’t been kicked off yet. Uptime is also a plus – No outages so far!

Some images of my usage over the past week.

Original Post: http://www.wired9.com/2011/07/spacerich-review/

Comments

• gianggiang Veteran

Do you have any dd test or CPU benchmark?

• IxapeIxape Member

Sure!

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 47.2665 s, 22.7 MB/s

• gianggiang Veteran

It's very slow :(

Thanked by 1tux
  • IxapeIxape Member

Yes - I am currently only using it as a storage box but have installed transmission daemon to use it as a seedbox to make the use of the unmetered 10Mbps port. I have added some legal torrents (All of the current official Ubuntu torrents) and have them seeding. At the moment my average bandwidth utilization on the box is 0.7Mbps over the past hour. Have pushed 213GB of traffic on the box so far - So it's doing well for me :)

• @lxape did you change your domain or sold it?

Trying to read the review without luck.

• @thekreek -- I think he sold it to whoever owns wirenine.com.