Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bluevm support ticket - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

bluevm support ticket

2»

Comments

• bubbabubba Member

@nick I've been down since the 16th! #593444

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@bubba said:

Yep machine died then.

Thanks for the ticket number, you also okay with account credit or restore?

• IsaacIsaac Member

@nick
    Hi Nick,

Both of my VPSes went down since 9th. I would be OK with a rebuild if that can speed up restoration process.

The ticket number is: #769207

@Isaac said:
    @nick
    Hi Nick,

Both of my VPSes went down since 9th. I would be OK with a rebuild if that can speed up restoration process.

Most certainly, will do!

Thanked by 1Isaac
  • bubbabubba Member

@Nick said:

@bubba said:

Yep machine died then.

No backup? Guess restore is ok. Why nothing in ticket about status?

@bubba said:

@Nick said:2

@bubba said:

Yep machine died then.

No backup? Guess restore is ok. Why nothing in ticket about status?

I can update it tomorrow when back at the office for ya.

• IsaacIsaac Member

@Nick said:

@Isaac said:
    @nick
    Hi Nick,

Most certainly, will do!

Thanks Nick! Just two questions:

1. As the downtime has been a little bit long, it is possible to credit it for me?

2. Should I rebuild the VPSes by myself or wait you will let me know when they are ready?

1. Of course :)
    2. I will update your ticket here now in regards to this and we can continue discussing the issue there.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Isaac
  • So far over 2 weeks of downtime on my BlueVM box as well, and counting since mid-April. Support got back to me about something about addressing hardware issues first before they can do anything. Still waiting. Very concerned about potential of data loss, especially after what others have written earlier in April.

Needless to say, the complete down-age has left my latest site backups even unavailable to move to another provider. But it looks like it's time to begin considering other options, but I can't even reach my site data until BlueVM revives the server.

As for @Nick way to keep trooping, it seems the situation is pretty bad. Any way you can escalate ticket #435278 and credit me for the sever downtime and any data loss? I'd obviously prefer to save my data if possible, but not optimistic at this point.

• 2 weeks downtime is.. ermm.. a lot. Wondering what they are doing actually.

@chinnychinchin said:
    So far over 2 weeks of downtime on my BlueVM box as well, and counting since mid-April. Support got back to me about something about addressing hardware issues first before they can do anything. Still waiting. Very concerned about potential of data loss, especially after what others have written earlier in April.

Needless to say, the complete down-age has left my latest site backups even unavailable to move to another provider. But it looks like it's time to begin considering other options, but I can't even reach my site data until BlueVM revives the server.

As for @Nick way to keep trooping, it seems the situation is pretty bad. Any way you can escalate ticket #435278 and credit me for the sever downtime and any data loss? I'd obviously prefer to save my data if possible, but not optimistic at this point.

Sure thing, I'll pdate your ticket when I get into the office.

Thanked by 1chinnychinchin
  • bubbabubba Member

@nick I replied to your comment on moving me to hudsonvalley; I dont see similar priced packages.

So are the servers not coming back/getting replaced? I feel like someone shouls set expectations properly instead lengthy downtime without actual info.

@bubba said:
    @nick I replied to your comment on moving me to hudsonvalley; I dont see similar priced packages.

So are the servers not coming back/getting replaced? I feel like someone shouls set expectations properly instead lengthy downtime without actual info.

Same pricing will be honored and figured mind as well move you to our larger brand with better support :)

• bubbabubba Member

@nick thanks. I've updated and ok with that.

@bubba said:
    @nick thanks. I've updated and ok with that.

I have updated again and glad to hear it, doing the best I can here to keep everyone happy!

• @Nick so is BlueVM being officially phased out?

edited May 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nick so is BlueVM being officially phased out?

I am certainly considering it this month, we are down to our last few machines as we have had new orders turned off at BlueVM since before I can even remember and have phased out the empty machines the last few years as they slowly dwindled down to nothing.

Going to make a decision this week on it, leaning more towards merging/migrating customers over to one of our large brands with newer hardware/more support staff and so on. Really a win for us and the customers if we go that route, will keep pricing etc all the same and so on.

• @Nick said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

I am certainly considering it this month, we are down to our last few machines as we have had new orders turned off at BlueVM since before I can even remember and have phased out the empty machines the last few years as they slowly dwindled down to nothing.

Going to make a decision this week on it, leaning more towards merging/migrating customers over to one of our large brands with newer hardware/more support staff and so on. Really a win for us and the customers if we go that route, will keep pricing etc all the same and so on.

This is what I like to hear. Transparency and being open from CC ;) been rare in the past and I know Jon has been working on it from when I've been reading up. A reply in minutes being completely open get a thumbs up from me. Got a sales email for yourself I can swing a pitch at later?

Regardless I'm sure all customers will be willing to move over providing pricing is honoured and all current specs such as support etc is met. Just go easy on the emails trying to get them to buy new products ;)

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nick said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

This is what I like to hear. Transparency and being open from CC ;) been rare in the past and I know Jon has been working on it from when I've been reading up. A reply in minutes being completely open get a thumbs up from me. Got a sales email for yourself I can swing a pitch at later?

Regardless I'm sure all customers will be willing to move over providing pricing is honoured and all current specs such as support etc is met. Just go easy on the emails trying to get them to buy new products ;)

Yep, will just be the inconvenience of migrating. Debating if we want to try moving some of the old KVM/OpenVZ instances from feather or if its best to start fresh and give current clients a bit of time with actives services at each division in order to migrate at their leisure from one system to the next instead of backing up locally, uploading and so on.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: This is what I like to hear. Transparency and being open from CC ;) been rare in the past and I know Jon has been working on it from when I've been reading up. A reply in minutes being completely open get a thumbs up from me. Got a sales email for yourself I can swing a pitch at later?

Transparency? Making LET the BlueVM support desk is not transparency! Having to continue to request and fight for support on a forum until one of the workers realizes how very utterly poor their support for the brand is and how horrible they have been treating customers that are using the correct methods for obtaining support, the ticket system, and then suggesting it might be time to do something about it, again, is not transparency. It is a failure to realize these issues on their own and handle them responsibly.

You should not being giving them props for doing their job and you shouldn't provide accolades for a business using LET as a support desk or announcement platform for their brand. This isn't the correct expectation to create with customers. This stuff should be handled in tickets, via their website and normal communications channels for their business.

The fact is this should have been done a long time ago and they shouldn't have had to come to the conclusion that they need to pay more attention to their platform/brand and migrate customers from a thread on a forum.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• bubbabubba Member

@nick replied to you regarding HVH.

edited May 2017

@bubba said:
    @nick replied to you regarding HVH.

Luckily working late tonight at the office, I will hop back onto the BVM ticket queue in a few moments and check it out :)

• seedzseedz Member

I think they're hoping we'll just leave. We're being ghosted.

Thanked by 1Nick
  • bubbabubba Member

All setup at HVH; Thanks @nick. This is why you make backups folks!

• Guys its been a long time since bluevm took care of their customers, for a while they were a decent host (yes I just said decent not good) but they over loaded their nodes, the nodes went down and they were bought by ColoCrossing.
    Since that time the brand has been forgotten by their original owner's and the new administration. (cc), it would be better to move to another host because CC has clearly forgotten the brand (nothing against CC,its just a fact)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Part of the challenge at Bluevm is that it relies on software that this not supported. Because of that reason, among a few others, it is not possible to provide the service levels we strive to deliver our customers with the old Bluevm bones. As a result we've got a plan in place to slowly transfer customers to our other consumer divisions which utilize well supported software and have an excellent service.

The service provided today at HVH, CVPS, etc, is quite good, and has come a very long way in many regards over the past few years.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I should have specified specifically in my above post, but the unsupported software is Bluevm's control panel, feathur. For the past year+ all new orders have been forwarded to our other consumer divisions because of the lack of confidence in that software.

• So BlueVM's domain expired today... How are we supposed to see support tickets now?

@Nick

edited May 2017

@chinnychinchin said:
    So BlueVM's domain expired today... How are we supposed to see support tickets now?

@Nick

I will contact the owner of the domain as I do not have access to that one.

Edit: This has been remedied, PM me your ticket number and I can manually review it today if you require my assistance directly.

Thanks!