Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadhost India location outage!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadhost India location outage!

dynamodynamo Member
edited April 2017 in Outages

Hi,

I have a non-NAT VPS in India with them which has been inaccessible since last 3-4 days. On 28th their status page indicated that null routes were placed on the IP range due to DDOS but it has been marked as resolved. Still waiting for a reply to my ticket on this issue.

I wonder if @quadhost here or @leapswitch (who provide them infrastructure in India) have any more information to share?

Also do you guys have any alternatives to suggest apart from DO in the same price bracket (~ $5)?

Thanks

Comments

• Try resetting your primary IP. Worked for me when I got suspended for using all my bandwidth.

• Dextronox said: Try resetting your primary IP. Worked for me when I got suspended for using all my bandwidth.

That is not the issue here. Both the VPS ip and host node's ip have no route as per traceroute.

• sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider providing services in India? I think you're mistaken, they handle servers in UK only AFAIK!

• @dynamo said:
    Hi,
    I wonder if @quadhost here or @cloudvider (who provide them infrastructure in India) have any more information to share?

Also do you guys have any alternatives to suggest apart from DO in the same price bracket (~ $5)?

Thanks

I certainly know that @cloudvider do not provide the infra in INDIA the infra provider is Leapswitch

• TomTom Member
    edited April 2017

dynamo said: @cloudvider (who provide them infrastructure in India)

I don't think this is true?

At this point, I am not surprised from anything from QuadHost. There's been probably 5 "complaint" threads the past month or so, seems they are going downhill :/

heh

(Can confirm my India NAT is down - 49.50.x.x)

Pinging 49.50.x.x with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Also cannot SSH.

• simonindia said: I certainly know that @cloudvider do not provide the infra in INDIA the infra provider is Leapswitch

Thanks. I am mistaken then. They probably provided them IPs as whois mentions them. @leapswitch do you have any information on this?

• @dynamo said:

Dextronox said: Try resetting your primary IP. Worked for me when I got suspended for using all my bandwidth.

That is not the issue here. Both the VPS ip and host node's ip have no route as per traceroute.

You can't even log in via serial console?

• Dextronox said: You can't even log in via serial console?

I can but I don't think I can do anything from the console to make the public IP respond again.

• edited April 2017

@dynamo said:

Dextronox said: You can't even log in via serial console?

I can but I don't think I can do anything from the console to make the public IP respond again.

Have you tried re-assigning the IP? If you can log in via the serial console it means the machine is still reachable and the subnet range isn't still null routed.

EDIT: Sorry, may be wrong with what's written above. IP stuff is still kinda new to me.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

There were some DDoS issues earlier, but all have been resolved/mitigated. If you are still unable to reach your VM , you will need to contact QuadHost and they will contact us if it is something on our end.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Thanks @leapswitch for your response. Is the IP range 103.214.4x.* served by you? I am unable to ping anything in that range (tried many random IPs apart from my own).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@dynamo call them up and check it with them.

@LeapSwitcj do you have any DDoS protection ?

@dynamo no, we're not related to their India PoP apart from the fact if being their LIR there would appreciate if you've removed us from your OP.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: @LeapSwitcj do you have any DDoS protection ?

@LeapSwitch **

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Clouvider said:

@LeapSwitch do you have any DDoS protection ?

Yes. However, we do not advertise our services as DDoS protected.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • @Clouvider said: no, we're not related to their India PoP apart from the fact if being their LIR there would appreciate if you've removed us from your OP.

I am sorry for that mistake. Have corrected the original post now.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@dynamo so you came here to complain that your single VM is down rather than discuss it with them, correct ?

And all this on account created 4 hours ago !

• Clouvider said: so you came here to complain that your single VM is down rather than discuss it with them, correct ?

Is that a problem? Though its not just my single VM. The entire IP range is down/null-routed so I thought I could find a few others here facing the same issue but who are better informed than me. Someone mentioned that the NAT services are down too (different sub-net). I do have a ticket open with them and I can wait a few days more for a reply. But how does that act as a prohibition to discuss outage issues here?

Clouvider said: And all this on account created 4 hours ago !

Is that a problem too? If you read the OP, its more on the lines of requesting information (if they have) from community members instead of a complaint. I am not bashing any provider here.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@dynamo said:
    Is that a problem

Yes.

• @Rhys Thanks for that unsmart tip. I am not an i-83.net (NAT) customer. You can spare yourself the trouble of creating another screenshot for quadhost because if you had read the post, I clearly stated that I raised a ticket already so I know my way there.

P.S. The VPS which has been down for 3-4 days, miraculously came back online within 3-4 hours of posting this thread. And the entire IP range of theirs is also pinging now.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@dynamo said:
    @Rhys Thanks for that unsmart tip. I am not an i-83.net (NAT) customer. You can spare yourself the trouble of creating another screenshot for quadhost because if you had read the post, I clearly stated that I raised a ticket already so I know my way there.

P.S. The VPS which has been down for 3-4 days, miraculously came back online within 3-4 hours of posting this thread. And the entire IP range of theirs is also pinging now.

Good thing the support page is for both of their brands. I believe you may want to take your tinfoil hat off it's safe to come out.

• @Rhys said: I believe you may want to take your tinfoil hat off it's safe to come out.

Thanks for this unsolicited advice.

And to those who are actually affected, I think I spoke too soon. Everything is down again.

• Feel lucky that I bailed out before all this outage, had a OVZ3 resource pool which went down one too often and migrated to the OneProvider deal which I got at the same time. I'd recommend you try e2enetworks, they use Xen and have hourly billing. Yet to use it fully (just spun up a test VPS) but something to investigate.

• @advarisk said: I'd recommend you try e2enetworks, they use Xen and have hourly billing. Yet to use it fully (just spun up a test VPS) but something to investigate.

I shall try them out. Though the initial interaction over their live chat wasn't very forthcoming. I simply wanted to know the traffic allowance on their plans but the representative instead asked me the purpose of the VPS. When I asked it again, I was told that they do not limit the traffic but management's approval is needed before a non-domestic user can signup and use their service. Kinda strange. Was the setup instant for you?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

DDos mitigation plus low latency service is hard to service in India.( at the same time) .

I suspect someone pissed off has been hammering quadhost pune ranges. LeapSwitch just confirmed my gut feeling about it.

I recall they(Leapswitch) had black lotus scrubbing a couple years ago when I had a kvm directly with them.

• ashkulzashkulz Member

@dynamo said:

I shall try them out. Though the initial interaction over their live chat wasn't very forthcoming. I simply wanted to know the traffic allowance on their plans but the representative instead asked me the purpose of the VPS. When I asked it again, I was told that they do not limit the traffic but management's approval is needed before a non-domestic user can signup and use their service. Kinda strange. Was the setup instant for you?

If you link a Mobikwik wallet, yes... they use OpenNebula. I too was told that there is no traffic allowance, cores can be used 100% so not really sure initially but got them to confirm it in writing over mail. They only seem to want to deal with you if you have a business, guess they don't want to deal with abuse.

• dynamodynamo Member

@vimalware said: DDos mitigation plus low latency service is hard to service in India.( at the same time) .

I suspect someone pissed off has been hammering quadhost pune ranges. LeapSwitch just confirmed my gut feeling about it.

Thanks for the insight. I had provided the ranges affected (as seen by me) and would have really appreciated if Leapswitch had confirmed the same here in this thread when he posted a reply. Anyways you are right that someone really is pissed of if he is tirelessly attacking on the 5th day also:

@dynamo said:

Thanks for the insight. I had provided the ranges affected (as seen by me) and would have really appreciated if Leapswitch had confirmed the same here in this thread when he posted a reply.

We cannot provide information regarding IP ranges announced by us for our customers especially on LET due to privacy and security (ddos) concerns. Most information is publicly available if you know where to look. For all others, please contact your immediate service provider.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • ashkulzashkulz Member

@leapswitch said:

We cannot provide information regarding IP ranges announced by us for our customers especially on LET due to privacy and security (ddos) concerns. Most information is publicly available if you know where to look. For all others, please contact your immediate service provider.

Can you confirm if there have been multiple DDoS attempts? I had put in multiple tickets after an outage (going back for 5 months) but the response was always "waiting for noc confirmation" and that's it, no further updates.

• dynamodynamo Member

@leapswitch said: due to privacy and security (ddos) concerns

No one asked you to publish the ranges announced by you for your customer. The request was: here is a range x.x.x.x, would be it possible for you to confirm whether its still null routed.

leapswitch said: There were some DDoS issues earlier, but all have been resolved/mitigated.

And I asked that when you stated the above.

leapswitch said: IP ranges announced by us for our customers especially on LET due to privacy and security (ddos) concerns. Most information is publicly available if you know where to look.

I am just an end user and pardon me for my ignorance as I don't know where to look but I am sure DDOSers know where to look and they can easily find the ranges of a provider without you having to publish anything on LET.

I fully understand that you are not obliged to reply to anything here or to share any information whatsoever. But I see LET as more that a place where hosts sign up with the sole purpose of advertising their services and buyers hopping on to find cheap deals. A "community" is where people help each other. Thus instead of taking the time to post 3 times with no help at all, wouldn't it have been simple to say that "yes some of our ranges are still null routed"? I fail to understand the privacy nightmare in it.

BTW @quadhost, the outage continues on the 6th day.