Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Server/Offers did you buy this Easter ?

2»

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

nhocconan said: Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

This's true!

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @sonic said:

nhocconan said: Surfing LET everyday is a very bad habit I think :-(

This's true!

:(

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jameshsi said:

@Harambe said:
    Virmach, ImpactVPS

Do they got Lu KVM VPS and the sale still on ? Let me know, I might need 1.

You talking about the link in my signature? Yeah. Just click through and change the dropdown from "Las Vegas - E3 KVM" to "Luxembourg - E3 KVM" and everything is in stock. Looks like Vegas & New York are out, but Lux still has room.

• @starchart said:
    Tnahosting!

What did u get from them ?

• @jetchirag said:
    Missed everything

Nope.. Thats called "Salvation" !

• 7euro/y vz by @cociu. I've been waiting for this.

Safe place to park my 'friends' who need openVPN.

• Nothing. I've bought some server parts and ready to build my Dedi for data centre. I'm going to get rid of all my VPSes apart from 1 (OVH high bandwidth VM). Why do I have a ton of VMs in the US (damn you Virmach & GestionDBI) I live in UK and I now need gaming servers and everything in one place. Nice little proxmox install and everything i can manage. As for backups I've setup a Atom Server with 640GB in my cupboard. All my data (except Plex) will be copied to OneDrive 1TB plan and probably Amazon Cloud Drive and static backups such as Photos will be backed up to Glacier and ever changing backups such as my mail server will be on S3.

Finally going to have full backups and no more idling VMs. Just 1 colocated Dedi (Proxmox + VMs) and 1 VPS.

Just imagine the ease involved. Upgrade the server when you want for a one off fee. Total monthly cost looks to be £30/mo all in. That's to be split by around 3-8 people who will all be using Plex and the gaming servers/services.

Ask yourselves did you need that 1TB VM from cociu, hell yeah it looked a good deal but how much are you going to use of that 1TB? Or that GestionDBI VM. Do you need it. Or are you wasting more money you could be using for a Subway or a bottle of Vodka to recover after from being on that long weekend ready for work?

• All the offers were pretty shit so I spun up a Digital Ocean 512MB.

• bersybersy Member

@cociu €7/yr VM is the only one I managed to buy this Easter.

• Bought nothing. Wanted to get that @virmach one, but missed that, forgot to prepay credits...

• @Mridul said:

@jetchirag said:
    Missed everything

Nope.. Thats called "Salvation" !

Actually nopes, I was in need of some VPSes for a setup! That setup's vps need keeps growing :'D

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited April 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: how much are you going to use of that 1TB?

1TB. Personally I don't buy unless I have a use case in mind already.

• SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are only getting 55mb :P

• @AuroraZ said:

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are only getting 55mb :P

Dayum, loss of 9mb

• sysFysysFy Member

@jetchirag said:

@AuroraZ said:

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are only getting 55mb :P

Dayum, loss of 9mb

That's a 14% loss!

• bersybersy Member

@bersy said:
    @cociu €7/yr VM is the only one I managed to buy this Easter.

And this one is not reachable fot more than a week now. Ditto ticket, there is no any response yet.

• cociucociu Member

bersy said: And this one is not reachable fot more than a week now. Ditto ticket, there is no any response yet.

pm please with the tiket number.

• OldkyOldky Member

I am so happy, that i got this one amazing offer.

E3 1245v2
    2x2TB SATA
    1gbps
    32gb ram
    full root access
    100gb backup

with Cpanel

100$ - monthly

• bersybersy Member

pm please with the tiket number

I am in a hospital now. I will see what has happened when I return. Thanks.

• cociucociu Member

bersy said: I am in a hospital now

hope nothing serios ....

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited April 2017

hope nothing serios ....

Not really, just a minor bottom back surgery, will be in good health soon, thank you.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I got 1 x 1 Gb 5$ servers in Seattle from Virmach, it's just perfect.

1 x 1 Gb servers from hostsolutions.ro, I had to send a ticket with Paypal transaction ID to activate it beacuse it was marked as "unpaid", after 4 days it was suspended because of overdue payment so I sent a ticket to reactivate it, the same day that they reactivated it I had a couple of hours of downtime and network tests are really bad... ok, network will be better one day...
    not a good start with hostsolutions, with virmach I have 7 vps and never needed to send a ticket in a whole year.