Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review?

What's the consensus on Cociu's services and HostSolutions.ro?

It always particularly struck me as a host one stop short of deadpooling with what I can only assume are unsustainable offers. As well, the host seems to be really slow to respond to tickets.

On the other hand, everyone on this forum seems to love these offers, especially since they allow torrenting and seedboxes.

Comments

• he buys used servers, saves on staff and doesnt have the best network (but good enough). that's how he can offer his services so cheap.

• quickquick Member

I wouldn't host critical stuff there... I mean what do you expect for 1-2€/monthfor that specs? 99,99% sla?

If you do, you will lose millions in 5min downtime

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@cociu is GUILTY of providing decent services at unbelievably cheap prices. He's definitely doing something dodgy, but where? Who knows?

@cociu is an asshole because he makes the rest of us providers look expensive! Shame on you @cociu!

• cociucociu Member

i willl post you the true : normaly we respond fast , but in the last week we had to prepare 10x more orders than normaly also people have not understand what is a preorder and have opened tikets asking when will be deployed. Also we have been unpreparated with the network so we are focused to upgrade all this to have better quality. I hope this will be clear for you

Thanked by 1postcd
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

The offers are great. Communication, especially with customers not capable of speaking the romanian language proves to be difficult from time to time. E.g. there once was an incident where they suspended customers vps for abuse of an "unmetered" (?!) plan while their ToS did not yet state a limit regarding this. I think it was the same incident where the whole situation escalated and cociu was put on a cooldown for a couple of days as the way he treated this issue was..well not the nicest. Then again if I remember correctly missing definiton of limits in ToS and a language barrier were the actual problems back then.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • cociucociu Member

Ympker said: Then again if I remember correctly missing definiton of limits in ToS and a language barrier were the actual problems back then.

i hope this time i am verry clearly https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112647/let-s-continue-with-the-estern-spirit-pre-order-cheap-vps-storage-servers-located-in-romania

• @quick said:
    I wouldn't host critical stuff there... I mean what do you expect for 1-2€/monthfor that specs? 99,99% sla?

It's not unreasonable, many LET hosts deliver that at that price point. Although cociu's machines are more for storage/compute/proxy than serving websites.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @cociu said:

Ympker said: Then again if I remember correctly missing definiton of limits in ToS and a language barrier were the actual problems back then.

i hope this time i am verry clearly https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112647/let-s-continue-with-the-estern-spirit-pre-order-cheap-vps-storage-servers-located-in-romania

You are definitely putting more effort into being so :-) Just keep a cool head and play it smart :P

• quickquick Member

@PepeSilvia said:

@quick said:

It's not unreasonable, many LET hosts deliver that at that price point. Although cociu's machines are more for storage/compute/proxy than serving websites.

It wasn't meant to make HS look bad, but all I wanted to say was just don't expect much for some peanuts if you face some hickups.

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited April 2017

@quick said:

It wasn't meant to make HS look bad, but all I wanted to say was just don't expect much for some peanuts if you face some hickups.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to comment on cociu's reliability, my point was that the notion that 99.99% SLA can't be achieved for $2 and under from providers here is not true at all.

Thanked by 2quick saf31
  • cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

PepeSilvia said: $2 and under from providers here is not true at all.

you will see you are wrong starting from next week, we have 6 different providers here , 4 x 120kva UPS , 2xgenerator 450KVA

i meen im my case , we work to grow and offer better solutions.

Thanked by 2quick inthecloudblog
  • YegorPYegorP Member
    edited April 2017

@cociu Do you allow Tor relays? Obviously not 1gbps constant usage though, more like 15mbps.

• cociucociu Member

YegorP said: @cociu Do you allow Tor relays?

please look to my new offer thread and you will find the answer https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112647/let-s-continue-with-the-estern-spirit-pre-order-cheap-vps-storage-servers-located-in-romania

I meen about rules. Thanks

• quickquick Member
    edited April 2017

@YegorP said:
    @cociu Do you allow Tor relays? Obviously not 1gbps constant usage though, more like 15mbps.

Spam/fraud are not allowed. Don't think that this will go good for a while

• S3phyS3phy Member
    edited April 2017

@YegorP said:

He allowed me to run an exit node a year ago. I used very reduced exit policy ofc to limit abuse.

But you should wait for his response.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Cociu, how many electricty providers do you have for your DC? Do you have more than 1 supply? How reliable is power in Romania?

• BG32BG32 Member

Coco will be the next ovh

Thanked by 3inthecloudblog imok tux
  • quick said: Spam/fraud are not allowed. Don't think that this will go good for a while

I meant non-exit relays.

• cociucociu Member

S3phy said: He allowed me to run an exit node a year ago

nice to see a customer content , yes if you have set property your server to not molest others users no problem for us.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cociucociu Member

randvegeta said: @Cociu, how many electricty providers do you have for your DC? Do you have more than 1 supply? How reliable is power in Romania?

i have rds-rcs and the Electrica. The problem is use bouth the same carrier. But i am not worry, only in ups we can stay arrownd 4 hours , and the generators have gasoil for 4-6 days

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • YegorP said: It always particularly struck me as a host one stop short of deadpooling with what I can only assume are unsustainable offers. As well, the host seems to be really slow to respond to tickets.

Your first post here in your first day in LET is about your... fear that cociu is close to deadpooling because he sells cheap vps? Or accusing him to be really slow in ticketing responding, without even be his client?

YegorP said: On the other hand, everyone on this forum seems to love these offers, especially since they allow torrenting and seedboxes.

And this is the... good word from you for cociu's services? Allowing torrenting and seedboxes, aka, giving his clients noisy neighbors?

Yes, cociu has cheap vps and he is doing some crazy offers from time to time. Yes, he cannot speak fluently english, but in some way he can communicate with most of his clients nicely. His prices are not so crazy, we have seen similar prices and offers from a lot of providers here that do run for the long term (e.g. AnthonySmith's Inception Hosting do have offers on 2€ per month with 2 E5620 cores and 1GB memory and he is doing excellent in his company, providing a perfect service, or Francisco from BuyVM that offers a legal, licensed windows vps with 1GB memory for just 3,5€).
    Cociu's offers are not so crazy if you think that he owns the DC, he is smart enough to search for bargain offers on used hardware and he is passionate about this job, having another endeavor to backup the hosting business.

Now, can you explain us why did you sign up here just to post this? Are you willing to buy? As you said, there are plenty of threads people present facts about cociu's service. or this is a -not so good- covered try to bash him?

• jvnadr said: Now, can you explain us why did you sign up here just to post this? Are you willing to buy? As you said, there are plenty of threads people present facts about cociu's service. or this is a -not so good- covered try to bash him?

I never signed up to bash him, regardless of how you may feel about this post.

I was genuinely curious about the state of affairs for this host. Quite frankly, the lack of fluent English was a pretty clear red flag for me, but it seems that this community is overwhelmingly in support of cociu and that's something I'm okay with.

If you think that I made this account to bash cociu, you're welcome to suggest ways that I can prove otherwise.

• cociucociu Member

jvnadr said: jvnadr

loll , i know is a week after but let keep it in estern spirit :) Maybe is a clear person , also from the last ban i have changed much so i am repeted the same thing , we spend 20 hours/day 8 persons to make this a good name , the real people know this is not easy so what i tell every time , nobody is obligated to buy, also every hosting have his bad/good things so never compare one with other in my opinion.

• cociucociu Member
    edited April 2017

YegorP said: bash cociu, you're welcome to suggest ways that I can prove otherwise.

somethimes is good because i see what the people dont like. About this accusations we hasd some mall intended people here last month who try to make my business a trash ... finally a moderator from here was see is the same person using a vpn ... so all was clear.

You are welcome here also i want to advert you this forum is a f----king addict .... so .... the decision is yours.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@YegorP said:

jvnadr said: Now, can you explain us why did you sign up here just to post this? Are you willing to buy? As you said, there are plenty of threads people present facts about cociu's service. or this is a -not so good- covered try to bash him?

I never signed up to bash him, regardless of how you may feel about this post.

I was genuinely curious about the state of affairs for this host. Quite frankly, the lack of fluent English was a pretty clear red flag for me, but it seems that this community is overwhelmingly in support of cociu and that's something I'm okay with.

If you think that I made this account to bash cociu, you're welcome to suggest ways that I can prove otherwise.

As @jvnadr said, it's suspicious that you've just signed up and this is your first discussion topic. There's plenty of reactions and counter-reactions on LET to @cociu's services -- you need only look at the long Easter thread to see many of them. If you did a little research and reading beforehand, you would have seen a variety of opinions (mostly positive, by the way), and there would have been no need to open a new discussion topic that begins with negative insinuations.

• YegorP said: If you think that I made this account to bash cociu, you're welcome to suggest ways that I can prove otherwise.

Only time will tell. If you stay to the community and participate with useful comments, you'll prove me wrong.

• YegorP said: lack of fluent English was a pretty clear red flag for me

How good is your Romanian? If it's not fluent, should that be a red flag for the rest of us? There are lots of good providers whose first language is not English. Don't be such a chauvinist.

Thanked by 1tux
  • YegorPYegorP Member
    edited April 2017

angstrom said: As @jvnadr said, it's suspicious that you've just signed up and this is your first discussion topic. There's plenty of reactions and counter-reactions on LET to @cociu's services -- you need only look at the long Easter thread to see many of them. If you did a little research and reading beforehand, you would have seen a variety of opinions (mostly positive, by the way), and there would have been no need to open a new discussion topic that begins with negative insinuations.

>

How is that suspicious?

That's a ridiculous measure of certainty. I didn't make my first post a bashing one.

If I was trying to bash cociu, I could make all manners of false accusations. I could accuse cociu of being a moron. I could accuse HostSolutions.ro as being a pyramid scheme. I could make up a fake dramatic scene where cociu allegedly scammed me.

It's incredibly moronic that you would come to such a conclusion. This thread was about soliciting opinions, not exclusively to state one.

My opinion, at least previous to this thread, was that the offers were unsustainable. The Easter thread and cociu's profile indicated that some people had tickets on hold for a while. If you made the assertion that I am somehow attempting to bash cociu based on research that I've made up, or that I've made no research at all, you are dead wrong. Cociu has explicitly stated that torrenting and seedboxing is allowed, and it's pretty clear that they are a very popular host at LET. None of those statements were incorrect. Research only goes so far if you fail to apply common sense to those applications, as you are so inclined to do.

If anything, this thread increased the credibility of cociu by showing broad consensus of his services here. Yet you assert that I am actively trying to damage his credibility despite the open-ended nature of this thread.

In short, your entire premise is based off a new account choosing to make a post to solicit opinions, and that constituting a carefully orchestrated attack on a provider's credibility. Reasonably, what I should've started off with is with incessant praises and shilling instead. So hypothetically, if a new account was made, and the first thread was quite simply: "so and so host is absolutely amazing, you should totally rent a VPS from them, opinions?", that would somehow be more credible than my alleged provider bashing?

tl;dr If I wanted to bash, why wouldn't I have just started by stating "cociu is a terrible host, cociu is a moron and cociu creates unsustainable offers in an inevitable ponzi scheme of hosting".

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited April 2017

@YegorP I think the backlash you're getting is because it looks like you've assumed his business model is unsustainable without knowing much about it.

Perhaps if you phrased the OP differently you would've gotten a different line of responses.

In any case, at most you're losing 20 eur or getting a moderately decent server for 6 months. Provided you don't store mission critical stuff, the question is are you ready to gamble? That's half the fun of LET.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

YegorP said: I didn't make my first post a bashing one.

I wrote "negative insinuations", not "bash". I consider the following to count as negative insinuations:

YegorP said: It always particularly struck me as a host one stop short of deadpooling with what I can only assume are unsustainable offers. As well, the host seems to be really slow to respond to tickets.

As for:

YegorP said: How is that suspicious?

Why not just ask a neutral question in one of the already open recent threads about @cociu's services? (Like "I'm a little worried that HS may be very slow in replying to tickets; is this really the case?")