Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS - Free bandwidth upgrade and other changes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS - Free bandwidth upgrade and other changes

comebackcomeback Member
edited April 2017 in Reviews

I received this mail, I share with you:

Hello,

We would like to announce few changes to our services. These changes are made regarding gathered feedback from you and other Time4VPS customers.

Increased bandwidth allocation

As most of our clients demanded - we increased bandwidth allocation to all our service packages for free. Now, you can get up to 40 TB of bandwidth per single VPS! More details about increased bandwidth bellow.

Standard VPS

XS plan - 1 TB bandwidth

S plan - 2 TB bandwidth

M plan - 4 TB bandwidth

L plan - 8 TB bandwidth

XL plan - 16 TB bandwidth

KVM Linux and KVM Windows VPS

Linux 1 / Windows 1 - 10 TB bandwidth

Linux 2 / Windows 2 - 20 TB bandwidth

Linux 3 / Windows 3 - 40 TB bandwidth

Storage VPS

1 TB - 10 TB bandwidth

2 TB - 20 TB bandwidth

4 TB - 40 TB bandwidth

Updated IOPS and port speed limits

In order to adjust massive bandwidth increase we have balanced IOPS and port speed settings for better performance and stability. Changes are listed bellow.

Standard VPS

XS plan - 100 Mbps / 100 IOPS

S plan - 100 Mbps / 100 IOPS

M plan - 200 Mbps / 200 IOPS

L plan - 300 Mbps / 300 IOPS

XL plan - 400 Mbps / 400 IOPS

KVM Linux and KVM Windows VPS

Linux 1 / Windows 1 - 100 Mbps / 400 IOPS

Linux 2 / Windows 2 - 200 Mbps / 400 IOPS

Linux 3 / Windows 3 - 400 Mbps / 400 IOPS

Storage VPS

1 TB - 100 Mbps / 200 IOPS

2 TB - 200 Mbps / 200 IOPS

4 TB - 400 Mbps / 200 IOPS

IPv6 support for Standard and Storage VPS

Yes, finally IPv6 is here! If you don't have your own IPv6, just re-install OS in your Standard or Storage VPS. IPv6 will be enabled by default. At the moment we provide 1 usable IPv6 address.

Planned features for summer

We have massive list of features we would like to implement! Thank you for feedback, your opinion help us to develop our services better by each day. On to-do list there is:

Native IPv6 support for KVM VPS
Reverse DNS for IPv6
Snapshots for KVM VPS
Redesigned client area (including service search by name/ip)

Comments

• Tl;dr lowered port speed, increased bandwidth and increased IOPs.

• Did this affect the old 512GB storage plan as well ?

• So the 1 TB is useless now with a crappy 100mbit port only....

• @maxwell said:
    So the 1 TB is useless now with a crappy 100mbit port only....

Not overly sure why this is your opinion. They are backup servers. 100Mbit seems fair to me for backups

• From 400 down to 100 is a noticeable change.

Thanked by 3deadbeef fan muratai
  • comeback said: If you don't have your own IPv6, just re-install OS in your Standard or Storage VPS

I didn't expected see this :) Why they don't add tutorial how to enable IPv6 on 'old' vps?

camarg said: Did this affect the old 512GB storage plan as well

Yes!

Test fio

test: Laying out IO file(s) (1 file(s) / 4096MB)
    Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m(1)] [0.1% done] [272KB/84KB/0KB /s] [68/21/0 iops] [eta 02h:42m:20s]  

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited April 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: Not overly sure why this is your opinion. They are backup servers. 100Mbit seems fair to me for backups

Good luck when restore > 10 GB :D.

If I remember correctly they advertised speed up to 250 Mbps, but before contract end they lower the speed.

Not fair right?

The good news is : their speed stable 100 Mbps :D it's better than 250 Mbps before

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @sibaper said:

I didn't expected see this :) Why they don't add tutorial how to enable IPv6 on 'old' vps?

almost certain it requires a reinstall, the module just isn't there

maybe if you have them load it manually

• texteditor said: almost certain it requires a reinstall, the module just isn't there

make sense thanks;

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

Hello,

news going fast around here :) .

Few points to clarify:

1. Bandwidth allocation increased due to the constant demand from customers;
    2. IOPS limit tuned up according to average usage per instance;
    3. IOPS not changed for Storage VPS. It was 200 IOPS before and it is 200 IOPS now (legacy 0.5 TB has 100 IOPS);
    4. IPv6 can be enabled without OS re-install, just drop us a ticket.

Goals of this change:

• Increase bandwidth limit (up to 40 TB for some plans);
    • Increased stability to disk performance and network;
    • Avoid IOPS / Mbps imbalance and problems when trying to push 400 Mbps with 200 IOPS.

Before submitting rage post on these changes, take a look at your VPS average port speed usage and review IOPS use.

• This also has the side effect of nudging away the 'undesirable' clientele and offer better average performance for 99% clients.

@time4vps I'm fine with 200mbit port on my 2TB storage, but perhaps you could offer higher than 100mbit port speed to 1TB storage users, especially if they already paid biennially.

It would leave a sour taste in the mouth of someone who ordered for longer periods.

(I'm not counting the 512gb unsustainables. Those are gems, worth it just for the storage alone.)

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • @time4vps said:
    Hello,

news going fast around here :) .

Few points to clarify:

1. Bandwidth allocation increased due to the constant demand from customers;
    2. IOPS limit tuned up according to average usage per instance;
    3. IOPS not changed for Storage VPS. It was 200 IOPS before and it is 200 IOPS now (legacy 0.5 TB has 100 IOPS);
    4. IPv6 can be enabled without OS re-install, just drop us a ticket.

Goals of this change:

• Increase bandwidth limit (up to 40 TB for some plans);
    • Increased stability to disk performance and network;
    • Avoid IOPS / Mbps imbalance and problems when trying to push 400 Mbps with 200 IOPS.

Before submitting rage post on these changes, take a look at your VPS average port speed usage and review IOPS use.

Does my 500gb VPS now have 50mbps?

tr1cky said: Does my 500gb VPS now have 50mbps?

You can review that information anytime in your VPS panel. Why do you think that you have 50 Mbps?

• Hello ,
    They are lower port speed , when you ticket this problem for them , They are rejected this problem and said all thing ok , I create 2 times for this subject ticket , But they are rejected

RunVPN said: I create 2 times for this subject ticket , But they are rejected

Interesting. Please provide me with those 2 ticket ID's. I will personally review them. We do not simply "reject", all issues are addressed if it's technically possible/doable.

• dofldofl Member
    edited April 2017

I don't understand how you can change to existing customers. I have a 1 TB bi-annual plan user and now in te middle of my plan you change the functionality I have pre-paid for.

• Existing customers that prepaid for two years should be able to cancel with refund for remaining months. I consider these changes to be bait and switch which is illegal.

Sounds like they oversold maybe and are fixing their poor business decisions.

• vimalware said:

This also has the side effect of nudging away the 'undesirable' clientele and offer better average performance for 99% clients.

What, that's backwards. They're storage/backup servers, users mostly shouldn't care about iops or about being able to copy the whole vps multiple (>2) times in a month, it's only seeders etc. who care about that. But storage users DO care about being able to transfer at reasonable speed. 100 mbps is 24 hours to move 1 terabyte.

This change is definitely a downgrade. Product is no longer attractive compared to what else is out there. I don't feel likely to buy any more. Glad this happened when it did as I was planning to get another 1TB soon.

If it was really in response to "customer demand" how about making it available to customers who want it, while leaving customers who don't want it able to keep the old settings.

Can someone tell me the port speed of the 512gb plan at this point?

Thanked by 2deadbeef ucxo
  • vishvish Member

this sounds like a downgrade to me

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

@willie said:
    users mostly shouldn't care about iops or about being able to copy the whole vps multiple (>2) times in a month, it's only seeders etc. who care about that.

Agreed

But storage users DO care about being able to transfer at reasonable speed. 100 mbps is 24 hours to move 1 terabyte.

I've addressed this later in the para . I too feel it should be over 100mbit.
    It's a bit harsh of a cap, on 'burst speed'.

200mbit is sufficient for pushing backups from my online.net servers on average.
    22MB/sec is what I typically get.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • The flag of Lithuania is very bad.

• datakodatako Member
    edited April 2017

@willie said:

Can someone tell me the port speed of the 512gb plan at this point?

Still 100mbit, just tested mine to see if it's still usable! and it is. 1gbps would've been awesome though :(

Thanked by 1willie
  • DevilDevil Member

willie said: 100 mbps is 24 hours to move 1 terabyte.

I think even originally it was 100Mbps, wasn't it?

• XenosXenos Member

@time4vps I will be canceling my storage vps due to the port speed downgrade. 100 Mbps is not an acceptable speed to retrieve my backups.

• DevilDevil Member

In their KB, they still say:

We provide 400 Mbps dedicated port speed for each VPS.

Is it something different? Not the port speed being discussed on this thread?

• Devil said: I think even originally it was 100Mbps, wasn't it?

No it was more like 200-300 or sometimes a bit better, depending.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2017

The original storage plans were 100Mbps at some point, then 400, now 100 again.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I'd be really happy if they provided 200mbps. 100 is a little too slow these days though

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

Instead of free bandwidth upgrade, why don't they advertise this as a free port speed downgrade? Oh right.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Time4bendingoverthecustomer