Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jenkki said:
    Folks looking for $2 year VPS and blowout a lot of satisfaction with it. Just funny.

Did you even read the first sentence of this thread? Or did you just go straight to the bottom to shitpost as usual?

• brueggus said: Did you even read the first sentence of this thread? Or did you just go straight to the bottom to shitpost as usual?

That whole typical situation for most folks who looking to get cheap but have a lot of shit flooding when got some troubles.

• @jenkki said:
    Folks looking for $2 year VPS and blowout a lot of satisfaction with it. Just funny.

I've bought a €2,16/month VPS, not a $2/year VPS... You missed it by a ratio of 15x... Very good at calculations, man.

Moreover there are a lot of working VPS around that goes @ $1/month.

These folks even do not have to pay for the public IP address, so I do not think that €2,16 a month is a gift.

Please remember, before speaking, that there are serious companies that give 500GB, 4GB RAM and pubblic IPv4 address for €6,99 a month... So €2,16 for 80GB and 512MB RAM and NO public IPv4 address is a reasonable price.

Last but not least I did not ask "a lot of satisfaction" like a 99.99% SLA or redundancy for my data, but to have the service available, not and then... We're taking about 25 days of downtime in 40 days...

• I love all the comments saying something like, hahaha what are you expecting for $2? I would be expecting a working service for $2. I would be expecting exactly what they promised for $2. If they can't give you that for $2, then they should charge more then $2, simple as that. If they sell it to you for $2, then they MUST give you exactly what they sold you.

I must also say, that I am a user of i-83, and while their service works great when its works, their support is terrible, and by that, I mean that their support has only responded to a couple of my many tickets. Most of my tickets were just tests to see if they would ever be responded to, they were not. The only tickets I got responses from is when I directly messaged them on LowEndTalk referencing the ticket, and I would recommend doing the same, as this seems to be the only way to get a reply.

• marcolino said: marcolino

Suggest you go to court, or call mom, which is more suitable

• @Clouvider said:
    I don't agree. The only way to chargeback while agreeing to the ToS their have on their website in this circumstances is to commit fraud and lie to the bank. They have every right to charge for the time proving this was fraud + chargeback cost + original amount + interest + debt collection costs. Service had no SLA and the company operates, technically still presumably holding the data on a presumably null routed server. If one wants to have >£100 bill for charging back £5 to 'get their attention' well, does have too much money to throw away + doesn't care about a potential of getting a criminal record.

I do not agree with you. It's ok they do not give a SLA... But we're not talking about 99% uptime or 99,99% uptime... the uptime it's around 37%, one of the lowest level ever seen on Earth.

I think this can be seen as "the service is not being given" therefore I think a refund for at least the missing 7 months (my case) should be given, because they are violating the basic of the contract: I have paid for having a service for a full year; the service is NOT being given, that's all.

I haven't lied to PayPal, and won't do it; I simply told them that I have paid for having a service that for 25 days in the last 40 days they are NOT giving me. They will decide if I am right or wrong.

• saf31saf31 Member

Any provider can get into trouble for various reasons, clients should also show some patience in such scenarios. However clear communication is required between both parties .Lack of information/communication always makes things complicated which seems to be happening in this case.

• @jenkki said:

marcolino said: marcolino

Suggest you go to court, or call mom, which is more suitable

Sorry but at the moment I'm busy. With mom. YOUR mom.

And she's panting a lot. I think you'll soon become my stepson.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • marcolino said: marcolino

Your topic calling for global action against someone when you get your trouble. Why not just simply type - I got a troubles with Quadhost. Please help me - Something like that. It will be more correct on this situation. Stay away from CloudAtCost, Aruba, Vultr, OVH, someone else just annoying these times.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Marcolino you have just showed who you really are. I've happily flagged your above post ;-).

• TionTion Member

How does Quadhost plan to get their £150 when you paid through paypal and issue a chargeback?

@Tion said:
    How does Quadhost plan to get their £150 when you paid through paypal and issue a chargeback?

First I doubt one would win the chargeback in this circumstances. Second through legal means, debt collection, etc. All means available in the contract.

• edited April 2017

@Tion said:

I imagine (although may be wrong) it is primarily there as an incentive to put people off charging back, as well as to bring up upon a charge back / dispute. If however they did want to chase it up, providing you are in the UK, they could take it to the small claims court in order to get you to pay, and charge you for legal fees of the case too, although I'm not sure whether they would go to that much effort for it (I could be wrong).

Edit: @Clouvider beat me to posting by a minute or so - same thing pretty much in both posts.

• TionTion Member

@Clouvider said:
    First I doubt one would win the chargeback in this circumstances. Second through legal means, debt collection, etc. All means available in the contract.

You could argue that the chargeback cost are usury and only exist to threaten the customer to not exercise his rights.

Thanked by 3ucxo Host4Go Pwner
  • @jenkki said:

Your topic calling for global action against someone when you get your trouble. Why not just simply type - I got a troubles with Quadhost. Please help me - Something like that. It will be more correct on this situation. Stay away from CloudAtCost, Aruba, Vultr, OVH, someone else just annoying these times.

I'd agree with you to stay away from Aruba, but this is another thread.

I thought it was clear enough why everyone should stay away from QuadHost but it seems you need to have the thought made clearer.

The problem to me is not the down of a node; it could happen, no one is perfect.

The problem is that you can understand if someone is a professional or an amateur when there are problems.

If someone do not reply customer requests for WEEKS, this is not a professional.

If someone do not give ANY information about what's happening to all their nodes in Falkenstein, this is not a professional.

If someone jokes telling you "as a good gesture I will extend your subscription" even when he knows there is NO working subscription, this is not a professional.

If someone is not able to move his VPS away from a hoster (Hetzner) in more than a month, this is not a professional.

Well, I could be more precise and state "If you do not want your money being stolen, than stay away" etc. Maybe someone wants to give money having nothing in exchange; in these cases, QuadHost and i-83 are a perfect choice.

Mine is not a "call for global action" but a suggestions in order for someone to be cleverer than me.

• marcolino said: I'd agree with you to stay away from Aruba

Me not, I really happy with them, so you lyer or kid in my case

• @Clouvider said:
    @Marcolino you have just showed who you really are. I've happily flagged your above post ;-).

Good choice, man. I tend to be idiot in order for less gifted people to understand.

And I don't think telling someone "call mom" if an appropriate behaviour.

Thanked by 1Host4Go

@Tion said:

@Clouvider said:

You could argue that the chargeback cost are usury and only exist to threaten the customer to not exercise his rights.

One could argue that, yes. I'm not a lawyer but the cost would likely be enforceable if QH would decide to pursue this route.

I agree that the lack of communication is something that fuels this situation even more here.

• marcolino said: telling someone "call mom"

Lier going court, kid call mom, if unable to solve by self. That simple.

marcolino said: And I don't think telling someone "call mom" if an appropriate behaviour.

It was your choice to respond that way. No one forced you. Be responsible for your own actions.

That's eot for me. I feel like this discussion takes rounds across all those number of threads and is going to be going round in circle until QuadHost weights their likely options of trying to recover the data out of Hetzner while taking hit on the reputation vs just terminating this location all together and be done with it.

• @Tion said:

I think it's just a way to prevent people to do chargeback, because if you have say 10 VPS with them and you do a chargeback, they close the VPS related to the chargeback and delete all the data. After having charged the £150 to your account, you will be forced to close ALL the other 9 VPS or otherwise pay.

This behaviour I think is useless if you have only 1 VPS with them.

• cassacassa Member

Thanked by 2Clouvider Falzo
  • @jenkki said:

marcolino said: telling someone "call mom"

Lier going court, kid call mom, if unable to solve by self. That simple.

Oh gosh thanks for making me understand it! I'm moved!

Well, you know, I think I am able to solve it by myself. I opened dispute on PayPal before your WISE suggestion. Moreover I think the VPS will be terminated as stated on their usuryTOS, all data deleted.

And, to me, my money is lost.

You like QuadHost? Great, your choice, your money, your data. I thought my experience (and not only mine, reading here) could help other users not to have the same experience.

Obviously you do not need other's experience.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

Dude if you pay with PayPal no one charge you without notice, if only you cancel all recurring subscriptions inside PP account

marcolino said: You like QuadHost? Great, your choice, your money, your data.

Never tried them, because don't need NAT VPS.

• @Clouvider said:
    It was your choice to respond that way. No one forced you. Be responsible for your own actions.

Yes I know, don't try to explain me what I already know.

I have not deleted my comment because I see nothing offensive in being moron with morons. Or with trolls.

That's eot for me. I feel like this discussion takes rounds across all those number of threads and is going to be going round in circle until QuadHost weights their likely options of trying to recover the data out of Hetzner while taking hit on the reputation vs just terminating this location all together and be done with it.

It's end of topic to me too with you, because each of us stated his point of views; I respect your pov but I do not agree; I do not think in your country mobile phones companies give a SLA in their contract; they all write "best effort" etc.

But I can be pretty sure that if you pay $30 for a mobile phone contract and then find out that your mobile works just 11 days a month, you would become upset.

Don't know if QuadHost will take any decision more responsible than what they're doing right now. TO ME it's like they are in bankrupt.

• @cassa said:

Sorry, cassa, I don't understand the pic :-(

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

marcolino said: I have not deleted my comment because I see nothing offensive in being moron with morons. Or with trolls.

Ah..yeah.. :)

marcolino said: TO ME it's like they are in bankrupt.

Yes, they and others going, after you.

• marcolinomarcolino Member
    edited April 2017

@jenkki said:
    Never tried them, because don't need NAT VPS.

I've tried different ones; one was Inception Hosting (LowEndSpirit) that I have paid €2 for a full year (now €3,50); and had no issue (my personal experience); maybe this is the difference between professionals and QuadHost...

• marcolino said: I have paid $2 for a full year

Yeah they going to bankrupt when you open case on PayPal exactly.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @jenkki said:
    Yes, they and others going, after you.

I don't think so.

@jenkki said:
    Yeah they going to bankrupt when you open case on PayPal exactly.

I lost enough time answering a troll like you, and I won't any more time with you.

This discussion has been closed.