Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you manage your ssh key? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you manage your ssh key?

2»

Comments

• bapbap Member

+1 vote for different ssh key on each server, Im not a server addict anyway.
    But for a large backend (load balanced backend for example), I just use single ssh key.

• Sorry if i'm asking you , but what's the reason of buying so many vps? Wasn't more easy buy a big dedicated ( let's say with 128gb of ram and dual cpu ) and later virtualize it?

• dmzhost said: Sorry if i'm asking you , but what's the reason of buying so many vps? Wasn't more easy buy a big dedicated ( let's say with 128gb of ram and dual cpu ) and later virtualize it?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Besides I guess most people have so many of them around the world because they probably couldn't resist a nice discount on them.

• @dmzhost said:
    Sorry if i'm asking you , but what's the reason of buying so many vps? Wasn't more easy buy a big dedicated ( let's say with 128gb of ram and dual cpu ) and later virtualize it?

There's plenty of reasons to have a group of small machines.
    Storage, image hosting, VPN, reverse proxy, etc.

• @Paleoft said:

@dmzhost said:
    Sorry if i'm asking you , but what's the reason of buying so many vps? Wasn't more easy buy a big dedicated ( let's say with 128gb of ram and dual cpu ) and later virtualize it?

There's plenty of reasons to have a group of small machines.
    Storage, image hosting, VPN, reverse proxy, etc.

Hoarding. Thats more LET. I've killed my addiction at last

Thanked by 1Fries
  • ardaarda Member

I also used to use GPG on my Yubikey 4, however, that gpg2ssh stuff always hogs the cpu on 2 of my machines, so I gave up.

I store it in my personal machine and a backup on an offline usb flash drive. I try to 2fa everywhere I can.

• +1 to xshell and also to Cryptostick.

• IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

I generally build a script that changes SSH port, disables root login, and installs my Foxpass script (an LDAP, semi-free as a service, allows for SSH key syncing) that I run as a startup script on the machine. https://www.foxpass.com/

• PaleoftPaleoft Member

@IonSwitch_Nick said:
    I generally build a script that changes SSH port, disables root login, and installs my Foxpass script (an LDAP, semi-free as a service, allows for SSH key syncing) that I run as a startup script on the machine. https://www.foxpass.com/

This is new for me. I will try it.