Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I get my own hosting setup for cheaper than £2.50 per month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I get my own hosting setup for cheaper than £2.50 per month?

That is what I paid for unlimited hosting with a provider. I am stopping using them cos for 2 months in a row they suspend my account due to some billing error where my account says unpaid on their system even tho my paypal subscription was paid as usual.

Initially I had thought I won't need hosting at all and I won't for 90% of things since I just do redirects straight from the registrars but sometimes I want to use cloaking (marketer) and hosting maybe small couple of page site.

What would be my best option for this kind of use case?

Comments

• Without knowing location requirements, I think buy shared would fit the bill nicely!
    buyshared.net - My Referral Link

• Yes you can, any provider who advertises 'Unlimited Hosting' is a complete con! I'd never trust anyone with my money who advertised 'Unlimited' everything and everyone has a limit.

• what about small shared hosting with annual subscription ?

• @SV_Nick

Well, there are hosts that oversell to extents we've yet to witness, so it's pretty much the same if someone offers 999TB of disk space :p

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @SV_Nick

Well, there are hosts that oversell to extents we've yet to witness, so it's pretty much the same if someone offers 999TB of disk space :p
    @FlamesRunner said:
    @SV_Nick

I'd like 999TB of Disk Space.. One day maybe.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2017

Judging by your question, you're asking the wrong crowd. If you're buying up domains and re-purposing auctioned/expired domains, you won't want to use the same host for all of them, you'll want to use many unrelated providers.

• Im not doing anything to do with what you're saying. I only buy domains very occasionaly and redirect traffic through them that's all

@ricardo said:
    Judging by your question, you're asking the wrong crowd. If you're buying up domains and re-purposing auctioned/expired domains, you won't want to use the same host for all of them, you'll want to use many unrelated providers.

• So why do you need any kind of hosting? Just use the registrars, or a DNS service that offers URL redirection. It's much cheaper than hosting, often free with the registrar.

• Yes I am doing that right now but there is a couple things I wanna do like cloaking and if I want to hosting a small site or landing page then I will need it won't i or there are free options for that?

@ricardo said:
    So why do you need any kind of hosting? Just use the registrars, or a DNS service that offers URL redirection. It's much cheaper than hosting, often free with the registrar.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sounds like you really just need basic hosting:

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=3

I promise not to suspend your account for no reason :)

• FrameworksFrameworks Member
    edited April 2017

Check this out

20 GB Disk

1 TB Bandiwdth

DDoS Protected

Price: $15/year
    Message me if you're interested, thank you!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

$3 / year, Cheapst you'll ever get.
    No where near unlimited storage but landing pages doesn't use that much anyways.

• small couple of page site.

Does this mean static sites? if so, you might want to try out BunnyCDN - My Ref. Link. Not actually a 'Hosting' provider, but if your usage is low, you might end up paying less than $1/y ($0.02/GB/M storage + $0.01/GB Bandwidth in US/EU)

• Go with PageClick and ImpactShared. They have some real cheap yearly deals well within your budget.

• Sorry guys I think I didnt explain my requirements properly. I didnt mean unlimited storage I meant unlimited addon domains and as I thought about it nowadays I wouldnt need even that.

But 3 would be too limiting since occasionally I buy new domains for new projects.

I would say 10 addon domains would be plenty and in terms of space needed, since as I said it would only be to host a script or two or a couple page website, then maybe a couple hundred megs should do the job.

So with that new info what kind of prices would I be looking at? cheers.

• What about this?

10 addon domains
    5gb disk space
    500gb bw/m
    vestacp management
    $12USD/y

• What about :)

$0.59/month

The simplest way to set up a relatively small website and get online quickly.

10GB Disk Space
    Unlimited Email/MySQL...
    cPanel
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Email accounts
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Softaculous 300+ installed tools
    Wordpress, Joomla!, Prestashop...

We will be happy to host you :)

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@lowendguy7 said:

>

I would say 10 addon domains would be plenty and in terms of space needed, since as I said it would only be to host a script or two or a couple page website, then maybe a couple hundred megs should do the job.

So with that new info what kind of prices would I be looking at? cheers.

If 2-5 Gb disk is enough I would say my $5/year package in either NL or Phoenix would be good enough.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@lowendguy7 said:
    That is what I paid for unlimited hosting with a provider. I am stopping using them cos for 2 months in a row they suspend my account due to some billing error where my account says unpaid on their system even tho my paypal subscription was paid as usual.

Initially I had thought I won't need hosting at all and I won't for 90% of things since I just do redirects straight from the registrars but sometimes I want to use cloaking (marketer) and hosting maybe small couple of page site.

What would be my best option for this kind of use case?

$1 /year cPanel Hosting right here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/110463/gullo-s-hosting-current-leb-deals-web-1-yr-vps-30-yr

• Wow the deals keep getting better and better! :) Cheers guys. If I am using for redirects only main I shouldnt be using much bandwidth right so there should be any worry of that? I better look on my old hosting and see to confirm what my averages were.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

just keep in mind that that better and better should not be based on price alone, that is of course unless you want to be making a new thread every 3 months for new suggestions when you get let down over and over :)

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • Sure but my requirements are very low. A reliable service is what is most important. I would imagine any bad traders would have been called out who have posted here. Certainly not a foolproof belief but I would imagine it would be more likely since this is a quite closeknit forum.

• @racksx said:
    What about :)

$0.59/month

The simplest way to set up a relatively small website and get online quickly.

10GB Disk Space
    Unlimited Email/MySQL...
    cPanel
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Email accounts
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Softaculous 300+ installed tools
    Wordpress, Joomla!, Prestashop...

We will be happy to host you :)

Hi how much bandwidth?

• noamannoaman Member

Try virmach 3usd per year offer...or simple webhosing....

• ArchArch Member

You could probably do Github Pages (it's free) with HTML redirects or whatever for what you need. If you don't need databases or PHP, which it sounds like you don't, that could be your best option.

• Oh nice. Thanks for the suggestion; the scripts do need php though.

• racksxracksx Member

@lowendguy7 said:
    Oh nice. Thanks for the suggestion; the scripts do need php though.

The bandwidth is unmetered.