Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 VPN for Android and iOS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 VPN for Android and iOS?

T-mobile enforce ipv6 only on 4g lte on ios as of latest carrier update local towers. Android samsung s6 also affected.

PIA and nyr openvpn don't work on it. https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install

I try angristan too. https://github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install

Both not working for me.

So I download shadowsocks un vps, which work on android sort of. Issue is the timeout is 600seconds, so any video i try to watch or music will time out at 4:55 or 5 minute. Always

I tried increasing timeout but it gives errors and still cuts video around 5 minutes. On shadowsocks github others have same problem.

not sure what options left

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

Try copying your APN and set it to use protocol IPv4? This will probably only work for 15 years or so, though..

If you are given an actual static IPv6 subnet (doubt it), you can manually set it for OpenVPN. Nyr even gave information on how to do this manually.

• I've never been in a IPv6-only environment, but I regularly see my tinc VPN connecting over IPv6 with no problems. Once the VPN is up, you can of course tunnel IPv4 over it.

• I have a cheap IPv6 only VPS on which I installed tinyproxy. Works for me. Note that I have no IPv6 functionality at home other than a crude 6to4 option in my router.

• @WSS said:
    Try copying your APN and set it to use protocol IPv4? This will probably only work for 15 years or so, though..

If you are given an actual static IPv6 subnet (doubt it), you can manually set it for OpenVPN. Nyr even gave information on how to do this manually.

on android that work!

thank you so much