Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trabia / AS43289 incl. all downstreams dropped off earth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Trabia / AS43289 incl. all downstreams dropped off earth

WilliamWilliam Member
edited April 2017 in Outages

Entirely.

Try eg trace to 178.17.171.1

All ranges dropped from BGP, all their downstreams (eg. Mivocloud) reroute currently.

No one seems singlehomed Trabia so no further outages than that.

Anyone using them for protection, eg AS3281 (2Cloud, an ISP in Latvia) is now unprotected, and they have some customers like that:

https://bgpview.io/asn/43289#downstreams-v4

Comments

• MaherMaher Member

What's the reason behind this though ?

• Maher said: What's the reason behind this though ?

I would open a ticket but, well, website offline as same DC :)

No phone number of Sven (the owner) and know no one local enough to verify.

Last time they lost power entirely i think.

Thanked by 1Maher
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

No one transiting via Trabia, no routes on their AS:

root@fvz-bgpm-de-fks-01:~# birdc -r "show route all filter { if bgp_path ~ [= * 43289 * =] then accept; reject; }"
    BIRD 1.6.3 ready.
    Access restricted
    root@fvz-bgpm-de-fks-01:~#

root@fvz-bgpm-de-fks-01:~/lg/scripts# birdc -r "show route all filter { if bgp_path ~ [= * 43289 =] then accept; reject; }"
    BIRD 1.6.3 ready.
    Access restricted
    root@fvz-bgpm-de-fks-01:~#

• My Romanian is bad/had someone help me, but searches for power outage in the city (eg. pană de curent în chisinau) get no new results.

All others seem online, so Trabia only.

Ironically they shut down the DC 23.11.2016 to switch to UPS/Genset upgrades lol:

As announced August this year, we are currently in progress of upgrading our entire power infrastructure to give us about 5 times the power capacity we currently have.

We performed large scale changes in the past 3 months, such as:

- Installing new redundant main power feeds
    - Installing new redundant data center UPS
    - Installing new diesel generator
    - Installing new air conditioning distribuion
    - Installing new power communications inside the entire facility
    - Installing new power monitoring systems

We finished all preparations and are ready to connect all PDUs within our KIV01 data center to the new electricity network.

In order for all equipment to benefit from the upgrades, we will have to schedule a maintenance on which we will have to move of all power circuits to the new electricity network.
    This will result in a power loss for all active powered equipment within the data center for 5-30 minutes. In almost all cases the power loss will be less than 5 minutes.
    Services with dual power supplies are not going to loose power, however services with single power supply will be impacted by an reboot.
    We will perform soft reboots of all servers possible, however there may be cases on which a hard reset may occure.

Please find the following maintenance window information:

Maintenance Information
    Services: All active powered equipment located within the KIV01 data center facility
    Start: Thursday, November 24th, 2016, 23:00 o'clock UTC
    End: Friday, November 25th, 2016, 5:00 o'clock UTC
    Effect: Power loss for 5 minutes. Only in an extreme unpredictable case, the power loss might be up to 30 minutes.

We will move circuits step by step, meaning not all the data center will be shut down at once but rather only on a per-circuit base.
    Our technicians will do everything to ensure a smooth and fast migration to the new electricity network in order to minimize the impact on your services.

We will ensure that all servers are booting up normal with our monitoring system and manual verification.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and your trust in us by being our customer.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

• @william, can you link me a tutorial on how to use bird as your are for BGP lookups? I have looked for that for awhile, and haven't found anyway of doing it.

Thank you.

• Just notice this outage as well and was seeing no BGP, at first I though it was a flap but then noticed all their announcements just disappeared. Seems you have more info than I could find. Very curious to say the least..

Cheers!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

AlyssaD said: @william, can you link me a tutorial on how to use bird as your are for BGP lookups? I have looked for that for awhile, and haven't found anyway of doing it.

You need to have a BGP session, not my config and i doubt we used any tutorials. @fusl ?

A lot of functionality is available via mtr.sh public.

• How do you even get a BGP session? What does it require? Do you need you own AS?

• WSSWSS Member

SMFH

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

AlyssaD said: How do you even get a BGP session? What does it require? Do you need you own AS?

Not really right thread/place for that, but yes you need an AS, private or public. No IP space required though.

@ishaq that is pointless, he uses himself as upstream at home as far as i know.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2017

Crap old thread, on mobile, didn't notice till I posted.

Cheers!

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

As far as I know, bad weather in Chișinău has been damaging things such as powerlines. Maybe their power is not as reliable as they say.

• LordSpock said: As far as I know, bad weather in Chișinău has been damaging things such as powerlines. Maybe their power is not as reliable as they say.

Google and local news sites do not report power loss and the cheaper DCs are online.... either they failed HARD or there is a major fiber problem.

• sinsin Member
    edited April 2017

I didn't even notice my Trabia VPS was down, bought it yesterday and it was so much slower then my old VPSes with them (and they wouldn't move it) I just decided to let it idle.

-edit- my VPS is back up with them and same with their website

• xaocxaoc Member

@LordSpock said:
    As far as I know, bad weather in Chișinău has been damaging things such as powerlines. Maybe their power is not as reliable as they say.

Yea it is probably weather related cause it's been snowing here since yesterday morning and the snow cover is thicker than 10cm. Lots of trees fell down in Chisinau as far as i know. Nobody was prepared for this kind of weather in April...

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

Back online. Opening ticket now.

xaoc said: Yea it is probably weather related cause it's been snowing here since yesterday morning and the snow cover is thicker than 10cm. Lots of trees fell down in Chisinau as far as i know. Nobody was prepared for this kind of weather in April...

Does not explain why no other, much crappier, datacenter was affected. Zero of them. And some are basements with not even UPS.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Ticket open, SLA coverage requested (ToS 7.3).

ToS say SLA only applicable if you report downtime - was impossible with website offline so if they insist on that point... there will be problems.

• I gotta ask - what's so special with Trabia? I mean, apart from it going black-hole every once in a while.

• BG32BG32 Member

Who?

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited April 2017

Being at "strange things at providers": You know that the cia was deep inside Ikoula, do you?

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    Being at "strange things at providers": You know that the cia was deep inside Ikoula, do you?

Sounds HOT.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited April 2017

Yep. See TheShadowBrokers files.

P.S./Note: This information is by no means intended to smear @Ikoula! In fact, it's quite possible that they became a target of the us of a spooks because they did the-right-thing (tm), e.g. by supporting Wikileaks.
    Moreover it should be noted that this information does not in any way suggest Ikoula being less secure than other providers! From what is known the nsa/cia tools would have worked against almost every other provider too.
    (edit: tagged Ikoula so as to give them notice of being mentioned and to give a statement if they please to to so.)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@bsdguy said:
    Yep. See TheShadowBrokers files.

P.S./Note: This information is by no means intended to smear @Ikoula! In fact, it's quite possible that they became a target of the us of a spooks because they did the-right-thing (tm), e.g. by supporting Wikileaks.
    Moreover it should be noted that this information does not in any way suggest Ikoula being less secure than other providers! From what is known the nsa/cia tools would have worked against almost every other provider too.
    (edit: tagged Ikoula so as to give them notice of being mentioned and to give a statement if they please to to so.)

Tags in post edits do not flag @Ikoula

• Oops, sorry. How to make sure that Ikoula sees this?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@bsdguy said:
    Oops, sorry. How to make sure that Ikoula sees this?

They should now see mention in my post, you could also PM them :)?

• OK. Thank you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

deadbeef said: I gotta ask - what's so special with Trabia? I mean, apart from it going black-hole every once in a while.

Nothing. It's Moldova (rather rare), cheap (rather rare, there) and generous BW (rare) with protection free mostly (rare).

In this case the entire BGP drop was the weird thing, DCs down are not unusual or upstreams not reachable (but via IX); entire blackout is strange.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • sinsin Member

William said: In this case the entire BGP drop was the weird thing, DCs down are not unusual or upstreams not reachable (but via IX); entire blackout is strange.

Have they mentioned anything in your ticket?

• sin said: Have they mentioned anything in your ticket?

Answer "In Progress" and set to On-Hold.

This discussion has been closed.