Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some beta testers for our new Wyvern release and KVM services (again).
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for some beta testers for our new Wyvern release and KVM services (again).

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I want to apologize in advance for creating a new thread instead of bumping the old one but I feel all of the off-topic posts in the old one drowned out my posts.

I've pushed another re-write of Wyvern and I fixed a lot of the bugs people had issues with so I'm looking for our (hopefully) last round of people to test it out. As with before, please use the link below and include your LET username in the notes when ordering. DON'T PAY THE INVOICE! Once I review the order I'll manually create your service and delete the invoice.

https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=263

The VPSs will expire next week and we would appreciate any and all feedback, both good and bad. We have a lot of features in the works so your feature requests will help us prioritize our development. Please report any issues you experience or anything that acts differently than you'd expect it to. Lastly, I am working on better documentation so anything you'd like clarification on feel free to ask so I can be sure to add it to the documentation. Thanks!

Please note that some features are disabled due to current hardware limitations like the backups, snapshots, and migrations. These features do work and we expect them to be enabled in the future.

Comments

• shellshell Member

i want to try but maxmind don't like me
    my isp http://bgp.he.net/AS17451

"Fraud Check
    MaxMind Error
    Your order has been flagged as potentially high risk and therefore it has been held for manual review."

• @shell said:

"Fraud Check
    MaxMind Error
    Your order has been flagged as potentially high risk and therefore it has been held for manual review."

The same thing happened to me.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Cool, placed an order. Looking forward to testing this.

• shell said: i want to try but maxmind don't like me

MaxMind beta testers :)

Thanked by 1tux
  • @windytime90 said:

@shell said:

"Fraud Check
    MaxMind Error

The same thing happened to me.

Me too

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Please be advised that I am not manually verifying accounts for free services. If you get blocked by our automated systems I apologize but you won't be able to obtain a free VPS at this time.

Also if you don't provide accurate account info you won't be able to get a free VPS either since our TOS is still in effect. Thanks! :)

• Hm, never had a problem with MaxMind unless you're using a proxy/VPN.

I provide real information, and things just work ;)

@KuJoe

Looked over the last thread and it looks awesome. I'll sign up for one if there's any left.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Hm, never had a problem with MaxMind unless you're using a proxy/VPN.

I provide real information, and things just work ;)

@KuJoe

Looked over the last thread and it looks awesome. I'll sign up for one if there's any left.

Because my ip from Vietnam ): although I provided my real information.

• hieuhuynh said: Because my ip from Vietnam ): although I provided my real information.

MaxMind going nazi? :0

• LeonnLeonn Member

why so many guys were marked as fraud?

• Leonn said: why so many guys were marked as fraud?

Probably they don't want you as client. Under political or other views.

• @jenkki said:

hieuhuynh said: Because my ip from Vietnam ): although I provided my real information.

MaxMind going nazi? :0

This is situation of us when order hosting, domain, server from foreign providers, some guys who scam, cheat them then we having been affected for many years and must be shamed. So boring...

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited April 2017

So I'm getting kernel panic while I'm trying to install Debian 8.7 64bit.

https://s13.postimg.org/jwfu2s8uv/secure.png
    Product ID in WHMCS: 23145, IP ending at .123, so you can have a look at it by yourself

• imokimok Member

Signed up for one

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2017

Signed up for this second round of beta testing, let's see if there is anything left to be found. :)
    One odd thing that I noticed: The cart showed a monthly rate of $9.98 until checkout, but that might have been a WHMCS glitch...

/EDIT/
    Is WHMCS supposed to show a white page if clicking on a "View Details" with a services marked as pending?

• Just signed up, will wait for the activation.
    Kudos for the work on the custom panel

• vedranvedran Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    Please be advised that I am not manually verifying accounts for free services. If you get blocked by our automated systems I apologize but you won't be able to obtain a free VPS at this time.

Wait, so beta testing your product (which will expire in one week) for free still counts as free VPS?
    Whoever is willing to do this is doing YOU a favor, not the other way around ...

Thanked by 3PremiumN WSS jvnadr

@vedran said:

@KuJoe said:

Wait, so beta testing your product (which will expire in one week) for free still counts as free VPS?
    Whoever is willing to do this is doing YOU a favor, not the other way around ...

It's free by definition and due to the inability to verify an account based on their payment details I'd rather err on the side of caution when it comes to testing a new software and service.

• WSSWSS Member

Translation: It's nice to have people to help test my product (especially for free), but this place attracts the dredge of the internet, and I don't want to have to explain why my small network was doing rather bad things to men wearing suits and ties.

• My order got cancelled even I've passed maxmind check, why?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

Lets see if i can get in the door! Probably not forgot to put my dam LET username in the notes. Hahah. But I will say as a previous customer of secure dragon they were great!

@WSS said:
    Translation: It's nice to have people to help test my product (especially for free), but this place attracts the dredge of the internet, and I don't want to have to explain why my small network was doing rather bad things to men wearing suits and ties.

That and I want people who might actually test it and not people just looking for a free VPS. You might noticed I lowered the bandwidth to 10GB because people were "testing" our network ports in the first two rounds of testing but didn't reply to the thread or open a ticket with any feedback (which I think means it either went well for them or they didn't care about the service and just needed free bandwidth for a week).

@twiigl said:
    My order got cancelled even I've passed maxmind check, why?

The only orders I've cancelled have been ones without their LET username in the order notes.

@Leonn said:
    why so many guys were marked as fraud?

The most common reason is the country they are located in. We manually block a handful of countries.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2017

Well, seems as if I'm stuck right at the beginning.
    This is what I get after mounting an ISO:

Ok, forget about it - I failed...it't too late already.
    Thought the "reboot" (stop / start) was automatically performed...

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

KuJoe said: The most common reason is the country they are located in. We manually block a handful of countries

That what I talking about. Can you share your list of harmful countries?

twiigl said: My order got cancelled even I've passed maxmind check, why?

• BochiBochi Member

Hey @KuJoe, are the nearly 16GB of allocated RAM a bug or is this just the setup hidden behind the "KVM-SSD-512M" for testing? :P

@Bochi said:
    Hey @KuJoe, are the nearly 16GB of allocated RAM a bug or is this just the setup hidden behind the "KVM-SSD-512M" for testing? :P

It should be 512MB allocated with a max limit of 16GB. I'll set the max limits to match the RAM for the service.

@jenkki said:

KuJoe said: The most common reason is the country they are located in. We manually block a handful of countries

That what I talking about. Can you share your list of harmful countries?

twiigl said: My order got cancelled even I've passed maxmind check, why?

Unfortunately I don't want this thread to go any more off topic than it already is. Sorry.

• BochiBochi Member

@KuJoe said:

@Bochi said:

It should be 512MB allocated with a max limit of 16GB. I'll set the max limits to match the RAM for the service.

Well, this might explain it. :)

In other news: I added a few IPv6 via the panel (one selected and 10 random ones in a batch).
    It took the panel quite some time to come back and now there is no way to start the server again. Whatever button I hit, it seems to stay offline.
    So I removed all of them, but the VPS still shows as offline and start / stop / restart doesn't seem to have any effect.
    This said, I find the usability at this very point to be kind of a PITA. You can add the v6s in a batch, but you have to remove them one-by-one and everytime the page gets reloaded and you have to navigate to the respective tab again.

@MrPsycho said:
    So I'm getting kernel panic while I'm trying to install Debian 8.7 64bit.

https://s13.postimg.org/jwfu2s8uv/secure.png
    Product ID in WHMCS: 23145, IP ending at .123, so you can have a look at it by yourself

I made a small change to Wyvern and rebuilt your VPS, it looks like the ISO is working for you now.