Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End VPS in San Jose California???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End VPS in San Jose California???

hybridizedhybridized Member
edited August 2011 in General

I basically want to setup OpenVPN so don't really have any high requirements. Want to spend anywhere from $3-$10/month for a reliable yet low end vps which I will manage myself.

BuyVM is all out of stock and I can't wait for them to restock.

Any recommendations similar to BuyVM?

Thanks

Comments

• I don't know what you mean with "similar to BuyVM", but you should take a closer look to securedragon.net, they're really cheap and reliable. Support is also very fast.

• What I mean by similar to BuyVM I meant a price, specs and service similar to their VPS packages.

Thanks need more feedback :)

• DeorDeor Member

I have a buyvm 256 that should expire tomorrow as I've got a 128 which is all I need. Maybe fran can confirm if this will go back into stock and you could nab it, or if I could transfer it to you directly.

• If you can do that, I'd highly appreciate it. I'm sending you a message kindly reply.

• I just contacted securedragon.net and it seems they are located in Jacksonville Florida.
    So I'm still looking :)

• You could put in a ticket at BuyVM asking if they have any available that haven't been resold from cancellations, that isn't too uncommon to find one like that once in awhile.

I do have VPS available in LA, only 8ms away.

QuickWeb might have something to fit your needs in San Jose.

San Jose is too specific a location for California since everyone peers at Any2 in the state it seems, or their upstream does. I've not found anything over 10ms between the Bay Area and LA.

• hybridized said:

I just contacted securedragon.net and it seems they are located in Jacksonville >Florida. So I'm still looking :)

Sorry, I missed that you're looking for VPS located in San Jose... May I ask why do you need especially that location?

• I need that location because I ping best to it among other reasons which I'd like to keep private :)

• Have you looked at the offers that are already out there?

http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/san-jose/

• If you are from Asia then LA is pretty good as well. Los Angeles VPS on LEB.

• dotbendotben Member
    edited August 2011

hybridized said: among other reasons which I'd like to keep private :)

{Pulls up chair}, tell me more... :)