Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A happy customer's review of BunnyCDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A happy customer's review of BunnyCDN

sanvitsanvit Member
edited April 2017 in Reviews

Hi there!

I've been using BunnyCDN for about one and a half month now, and I just needed to write this review.

1. Pricing : Starting at $7.5/TB* (or $5/TB if you could live with 4 PoPs), this is the cheapest CDN you'll find. (To keep your credit, you have to deposit minimum of $5 a year)

2. Support : Well, you won't be getting 10 minute guarantee ticket response time, but all of my tickets were answered within 12Hours, which is quite fast.

3. Speed : For what I've used so far, their speed is pretty fast. I'll post ping test results from third party websites, and you can also try pinging : premium.b-cdn.net

4. Control Panel Design : I can guarantee that you will fall in love with their control panel in first sight.

5. Simple SSL : Integration with Let's Encrypt is only a click away.

6. Trying to evolve : They are always trying to make their service better. They recently added a menu to manually override cache-control header. Also, if you have an idea, you can open up a ticket, and Dejan will do his best to implement it. For example, I opened up a ticket to add 'Password Reset' option for their Storage Zone FTP credentials, and it only took few hours for Dejan to add it. I also asked for OpenStack Swift compatibility for Storage Zones and Dejan said he's working on it, and will be added in the near future.

Of course nothing's perfect. There are some downsides for BunnyCDN.

1. Lack of API documents : Their 'API' button on the control panel links to : '#'

2. Only ASCII characters are supported on their storage zones. Dejan said this will be fixed in the near future though..

Yeah.... This is the only downside I can currently think of....

TL;DR : I LOVE BUNNYCDN. BUNNYCDN IS AWESOME! NICE JOB @BUNNYSPEED

They are offering a free 14 day trial and $10 credit (check here for the credit), so wouldn't hurt to try out their service. Try it, and I believe you will love their service just as I do.

P.S. when signing up, please consider using my aff. link :D

https://bunnycdn.com?ref=b94z0jkh2b

ping results will be posted on comment.

*$7.5/TB US/EU traffic after using promo code posted on the offer

Thanked by 2yomero BunnySpeed

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2017

PING TEST RESULTS

Ping test by ping.ms (LA host not resolved is their error. Pinging google.com returns same error)

Ping test by KeyCDN

Ping test by maplatency (couldn't do some regions to their panel returning unknown error)

Ping test by dotcom-moniter

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the review :) Glad to see you're happy with the service. We're indeed improving every day so it should only be getting better.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @BunnySpeed said:
    Thanks for the review :) Glad to see you're happy with the service. We're indeed improving every day so it should only be getting better.

Any promo with credit match, etc? :P

• BG32BG32 Member

Would be a good review if it didn't sound like you were so far stuck up their ass.

• @BG32 said:
    Would be a good review if it didn't sound like you were so far stuck up their ass.

True, it may sound like that, but it was the best provider that I've tested out.. :)

• @BG32 said:

I got free accounts at both Fastly and BunnyCDN -- I was able to get up and running at BunnyCDN within 15 minutes along with LetsEncrypt. At Fastly, I had to understand a lot of VCL and simply gave up. Plus they're very responsive to suggestions/bug reports.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • I can confirm, the control panel is pretty good, and so is the support. Unfortunately, they don't support my use-case (yet).

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • mxmodmxmod Member

@sanvit Where are you seeing the $5/TB

• @mxmod said:
    @sanvit Where are you seeing the $5/TB

Open up a ticket and say you want the 'Volume Pull Zones'. Note that this only have 4PoPs (if I recall correctly, 2on US, 2 on EU)

Thanked by 2uptime mxmod
  • @jgillich said:
    I can confirm, the control panel is pretty good, and so is the support. Unfortunately, they don't support my use-case (yet).

What is your use case?

• jgillichjgillich Member
    edited April 2017

advarisk said: What is your use case?

Hosting a single page app with client side routing, which would require a way to redirect 404s to /index.html with a 200 status code. They will be supporting custom error pages soon, but no custom statuses from what they've told me.

CloudFront does support this, but most other CDNs don't. No big deal really - unless you need that feature.