Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to file a complaint against Cloud At Cost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to file a complaint against Cloud At Cost

Hey fellas! like many here @ LET say @farsighter @DaipuX @Anatooooo -- bad bad & bad, I would strongly recommend Steering clear away from Cloud At Cost. Partly driven by ponzi/pyramid schemes like previously mentioned.

• Many of the people I refered to them are very very unhappy.
  • No Service, CAC is arrogant, tickets are closed randomly
  • We even hired a lawyer, they changed the terms of service.
  • We called to file a complaint with the city - please see links below
  • Machines do not boot properly, Images are not current, I/O is horrible, Its NOT SSD advertising says so - but no.

file a complaint with city government and IANA (may have shut them down once):

• Email the complainthere https://www.kitchener.ca/en/contactus.asp?_mid_=11343

• City of Kitchenerhttps://www.kitchener.ca/en/insidecityhall/WhoIsMyCouncillor.asp

We are creating a site to get members to sign a class action against them, if people are interested please let me know... I will get you the link when its up

Bottom line, in hindsight over the recent years, bad purchase and its worked out cheaper to buy equipment, upgrade every yr, and sell off old stuff on ebay/CL. I also found many great offers here at LOW END TALK!!

Thanked by 1nekkid

Comments

• PandyPandy Member

lol

• oopz ...

• Kitchener doesnt care and has no power to shut them down.

• LeeLee Veteran

Suck it up, you made a bad choice. Complaining will not make any difference, they make it clear what it's useful for and what it's not, pretty much nothing.

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hired a lawyer for the cheapest service you could buy, with the most unsustainable product in the market.

Please continue and keep us informed.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    Hired a lawyer for the cheapest service you could buy, with the most unsustainable product in the market.

I hired the lawyer for the entire duration of the project. He said he'd do it for $1 up front, and that he'd be on retainer forever.

Thanked by 2jar jh
  • datakodatako Member
    edited April 2017

One of the guys you referred to, antooooo, ddosed himself and complained... LOL not very credible.....

He's dumb, don't be like him! @Nekki is smart, be more like him.

Plus, if this is a joke thread, it is hard af to detect

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware
  • Four words: what did you expect?

Thanked by 2ricardo raindog308
  • Start a drama thread here.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Pinkerton said: We even hired a lawyer, they changed the terms of service.

You can afford a lawyer but you can't afford to pay recurring for service?

Someone has to pay the bills. Power companies, transit providers, and datacenters all charge recurring monthly fees. "One Time" does not exist.

Thanked by 2netomx raindog308
  • lololololololololololol

• WSSWSS Member

LOWENDDRAMA.PARTY is still available for $13/decade via Porkbun.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2017

My CAC boxes are still up and running. I check them every time I see a thread on LET, other times they are just idling wasting energy.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

doghouch said: what did you expect?

Sounds like journalist returns for the new era of journalism :)

@Pinkerton Do you have sister?

• Let me guess, you contacted LowEndLawyer? :D

No one cares. CloudAtCost is shit, everyone knows it. Their site loads slower than molasses in January in the middle of the damn artic. Quit whining, eat the few dollars you spent, and find a less shit host. BuyVM and Vultr are two decent options.

• I don't really think someone really did it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@TheOnlyDK said:
    My CAC boxes are still up and running. I check them every time I see a thread on LET, other times they are just idling wasting energy.

I have monitoring on mine, mostly for shits & giggles. It gets powered down or something every couple months. I make sure to go back in and turn it on, gotta get my $7 worth out of this thing.

• @Harambe said:
    I have monitoring on mine, mostly for shits & giggles. It gets powered down or something every couple months. I make sure to go back in and turn it on, gotta get my $7 worth out of this thing.

You may get years uptime if you get right node.

• @Harambe said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

Eh, who cares about those vms. Bought them for science to see when they will deadpool, surprisingly it's been 3/4 years now, can't complain.

• cassacassa Member

No no no, don't make them close the company, then I'll lose my $80 I spent on them

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Joke's on you

• Please close this silliness...

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited April 2017

Well if you haven't heard the news, Cloudatcost has changed their TOS. Even existing customers with lifetime plans will have to pay them $9 as yearly maintenance fee.
    They're asking $9 a year on a service they advertised and sold as a one-time payment!!

"Customers with a onetime payment service are subject to an annual maintenance fee of $9 which will be invoiced 12 months after using our service. This does not apply to users that have a monthly paid service. This Maintenance fee will ensure proper hardware upgrades and maintenance to reduce degradation of onetime payment services"

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

How anyone buys this service and then has the absurdity to complain about literally anything to do with it later is beyond me...

I put you in the same category as the poor old folks who fall for the Nigerian prince scams, send all of their money via western union and then expect someone to do something about it later.

I really do put you in that category, except I don't blame them for being victims, you on the other hand... wow.

You did not hire a lawyer, I understand why you think we would believe it, because you bought it to begin with.

If someone offers you electricity for life for a 1 time payment of $50 (yes that really is the equivalent) would you believe them? would you even consider that they themselves need to buy and store power, pay maintenance, pay wages, do not operate as a charity?

Even if you did not consider all of those things and you took the deal anyway, surely anyone with a double digit IQ would not expect it to last forever and just be taking a punt.

I think the cold hard truth here is that the OP is 12 and he is pissed off because someone took a few weeks pocket money from him.

I understand that, it would have been a big deal to me in 1992 as well, at least back then the internet scams were not even a thing never mind being disguised as a real business.

These sorts of stupid baseless rants with 50% truth need a category of their own, possibly with a twitter account, I am thinking along the lines of the Darwin awards.

Next time your thinking of throwing money in the bin, buy one of these instead, at least it will keep you warm:

Thanked by 2default vimalware
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

Pinkerton said: We are creating a site to get members to sign a class action against them

Isn't CA based on UK law? It should thus not have any class action system like the US does.

We also had this before, with more fun.... Also Canada. Seems in CA you can stop paying transit/rent/power for months at a time, move location and get new contracts just like that, then repeat. Need to move to CA.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=955161

Thanked by 1Host4Go
  • Just wondering when providers trying to discuss about their competitor.. where no real proofs most time. Just speaking.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2017

jenkki said: Just wondering when providers trying to discuss about their competitor.. where no real proofs most time. Just speaking.

CAC is no competition to anyone. They are scammy, and if not yet, will be at one point scam & bankrupt out.

Thanked by 2netomx nekkid
  • LeeLee Veteran

William said: CAC is no competition to anyone

Well they are, the proof of that is in how many on this site complain about their slow services. If it's cheap and all that!

• Lee said: Well they are, the proof of that is in how many on this site complain about their slow services.

Just wait until they go bankrupt, then people will complain. I know what i do then - buy their IP space. Already on my contact list :)

Thanked by 2netomx nekkid
  • William said: CAC is no competition to anyone. They are scammy, and if not yet, will be at one point scam & bankrupt out.

No one seriously use them for important or sensitive hosting, just for VPN or everything else, so if they disappear after months or two there almost nothing to loose most folks use them from 2015 so their $5 already fully returns. How much you will spend around 2 years to someone else? Much more than. Meant about price competitor, not exactly about quality competitor. How much you can expect from it? So even never worried about.