Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
edited April 2017 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

• SolusVM Powered
  • Native IPv6
  • Powerful Intel E5 CPU's
  • RAID 0 + SSD-Caching
  • NO BS!
  • DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand (default).)

Recent Changes

• New Templates: Debian 8 and CentOS 7.1503.01 templates have been added! Network script was updated to support systemd.
  • IPv6: You are now allocated a /112 automatically per VPS.
  • These promotional plans do not come with any sort of backup at all! Nightly backups may be purchased for $1 monthly. We utilize OVH FTP service to provide backups. This is to be assumed as ON-SITE.
  • We utilize RAID-0 and SSD Cache. You are responsible for your data.
  • Added CentOS 7 template!
  • Created a script to set up networking when installing from an ISO. Can be found in KB!
  • Added CentOS 7 ISO.
  • Added CentOS 5 x86 / x86_64 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86 / x86_64 templates.

Happy Easter

• All plans come with more disk space and transfer!
  • All plans also come with 5 IPv4! (Provisioned automatically!)

KVM Canada Offers

Plan Name: LET-EASTER-1GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

IP Space: 5 IPv4 + /112 IPv6

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=202

Plan Name: LET-EASTER-2GB-40GB-4TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=203

Plan Name: LET-EASTER-3GB-60GB-6TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 60 GB

Premium Transfer: 6144 GB

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=204

Plan Name: LET-EASTER-4GB-80GB-8TB-QUARTERLY **

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 80 GB

**Premium Transfer: 8192 GB

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=205

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2

Review #3 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.
Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August (2013) and highly recommend you try them."

Review #4 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.
Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #5 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #6 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Review #7

Custom Plans

• Contact me and we will see about working something out. Let me know what you are looking for and at what price.

Windows Allowed?

• Yes, with a few caveats.
  • You must own a retail license for a server OS that is licensed correctly. You will need to submit proof of this.
  • No bizspark or MSDN / Technet etc.
  • No trials.
  • Please open a ticket and this can be taken care of!

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin & Credit Card (via Paypal)

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Happy Easter!

Thanks!

Thanked by 1josephb

Comments

• Wait... RAID0?

• @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

Always has been.

• @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

What's wrong with RAID 0. The provider states there is no backups (unless you pay) and you are responsible for your data which is fair. They can offer that with the SLA.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil sanvit
  • @sanvit said:
    Wait... RAID0?

I prefer a provider with raid0 who is open about it over a provider who's not willing to tell what raid they run.

Thanked by 3MCHPhil ucxo sanvit
  • bersybersy Member
    edited April 2017

MCHPhil said: IP Space: 5 IPv4

Really?

There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • bersy said: There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

But probably still nothing changes from this year with pricing scheme, since OVH itself become KVM and cheaper.

• WSSWSS Member

@jenkki said:

bersy said: There is your first LET offers since 2015... Welcom back.

But probably still nothing changes from this year with pricing scheme, since OVH itself become KVM and cheaper.

If you can find a /29 with resources cheaper than $4/mo, I'd like to know where.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Welcome back @MCHPhil ! Nice offers as always :P

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

One of my best providers. I have been using them going on 4 years, without any data loss due to RAID0. The above offers are the best I have seen from MCH in years, I highly recommend you try them.

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 2399.996 MHz
    Memory          : 1852 MB
    Swap            : 2047 MB
    Uptime          : 7 days, 13:55,

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        91.5MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          35.1MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       51.9MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       28.0MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       33.1MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       54.6MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          10.9MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       10.1MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         11.8MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        5.98MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 535 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 115 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 88.1 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 246.033 MB/s

• benchmark for old times.
    Thanked by 3MCHPhil bersy Ndha
  • JonesJones Member

@MCHPhil

Kansas City, MO USA,can offer?

• @Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

We only offer web hosting in KC, MO. But if that is what you are looking for I can get you a deal.

• JonesJones Member

@MCHPhil said:

@Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

We only offer web hosting in KC, MO. But if that is what you are looking for I can get you a deal.

Choose a package to buy? Then move to Kansas City, MO USA?

Is this the right understanding?

• @Jones said:

@MCHPhil said:

@Jones said:
    @MCHPhil

Choose a package to buy? Then move to Kansas City, MO USA?

Is this the right understanding?

Not at all. I do not offer any KVM hosting in KC. Only web hosting (cPanel) sir.

• Can old vps be upgraded to your newer plans? since it's the same specs but with more space & bandwidth

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @Ruriko said:
    Can old vps be upgraded to your newer plans? since it's the same specs but with more space & bandwidth

Best bet would be cancelling the old and ordering new. Sorry for the trouble but KVM upgrades are not the simplest. If you understand whats involved PM me and we can get it setup. You would be on your own as far as extending the disk.

• please active my product. now pending

• @yohanesp said:
    please active my product. now pending

I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

• @MCHPhil said:

@yohanesp said:

I have refunded you. I'm not sure this is going to be a healthy relationship for either party. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the trouble!

Whats the problem ? i need your service

• @yohanesp said:

@MCHPhil said:

@yohanesp said:

He might not need you as a client. Maybe you sent too many tickets, causing the provider to get a net loss after support payments?

You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • yohanesp said: Whats the problem ?

NO BS! = NO BeSmart

• jenkki said: NO BS! = NO BeSmart

Okay. Thank you

• teamacc said: You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

i see, thank you

• yohanesp said: Okay.

If you open a old threads about this hosting, you can see many similar reports, looks like still nothing changed from 2015..

Thanked by 1yohanesp
  • m3gfm3gf Member

any test ip or lookingglass?

• I just looked at the hosting costs, it says From $0.25/yr at the main selection page, but after going through it ends up to become $3/yr. So I'm guessing you meant $0.25/m? (Still a good price though!)

• @teamacc said:

@yohanesp said:

@MCHPhil said:

@yohanesp said:

He might not need you as a client. Maybe you sent too many tickets, causing the provider to get a net loss after support payments?

You're as free to choose your own provider as that a provider is to choose its clients.

TY! You were correct in your assumption. Had 3 notices and a forum post to activate service. It was automatically provisioned within 5 minutes of paying. Not sure that will be a good situation for either of us.

@TheRealMakan, what plan are you seeing this on? When I just looked none are showing what you describe.

@m3gf, read the post please. It's all included. Plus other important information related to what you are paying for :)

@haters, Glad to see you are still around! Good morning :)

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

MCHPhil said: @haters, Glad to see you are still around!

It will be endless for you for those who around for a long time..

• m3gfm3gf Member

have seen that,ok.looks nice

• Pricing is correct. It is $3 a year. Or WHMCS breaks it down to $.25 a month. :) Has been that way forever :)

Thanked by 1TheRealMakan