Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KMS-Hosting.com - HDD / SSD Rootserver - DDoS Protected | Germany (Frankfurt am Main)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KMS-Hosting.com - HDD / SSD Rootserver - DDoS Protected | Germany (Frankfurt am Main)

jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

KMS-Hosting.com provides ddos protected hosting solutions since 2012, including KVM Rootserver, Dedicated Server and Webhosting.

We`re running our own hardware and network infrastructure based on Supermicro / HPE and Dell / Juniper Equipment and have multiple full colocation racks at well-known datacenters, interconnected via leased darkfibers in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. You can lookup our current transits / peerings via http://bgp.he.net/AS30823, looking glass is available under https://lg.combahton.net.

We also offer SSD KVM Rootservers which provide you higher disk I/O. Every Node is connected with 10Gbit in order to avoid bottlenecks in peak usage times and to ensure highest network throughput.

HDD KVM Rootserver starting with Root 1G - 1 CPU Core / 1024MB Ram / 60GB Storage (4,50€ / Month):

-> https://www.kms-hosting.com/rootserver/

SSD KVM Rootserver starting with Root 1G - 1 CPU Core / 1024MB Ram / 30GB Storage (4,50€ / Month):

-> https://www.kms-hosting.com/ssd_rootserver

Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Special solutions like BGP Sessions and Remote DDoS Protection (GRE,L2TP,IPSEC via BGP or Static Route) are available too.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our support by e-Mail ([email protected]) and also by ticket (for customers only in our manager). We are available for your questions on lowendtalk too ;-)

Comments

• Dedicated core(s)?

• KevinjoaKevinjoa Member
    edited April 2017

@ansiklopedi said:
    Dedicated core(s)?

Obviously not, but they don't have a hard limit, just some prohibited services like altcoin mining and boinc. (See terms and conditions: https://www.kms-hosting.com/tos)

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@ansiklopedi said:
    Dedicated core(s)?

CPU Cores are not dedicated. For dedicated cores, see our Dedicated Servers ;-)

• hello, whats the capacity of ddos protection?:)

Hi, currently up to 250Gbit / 370mpps on Layer3 / Layer4.

• Your name is very interesting
    Can I host Mircosoft KMS activation server on the server?

• WSSWSS Member

Kiss My Selfie? Kabel Damagement? What!?

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic

@Yandex said:
    Your name is very interesting
    Can I host Mircosoft KMS activation server on the server?

Sure, if it`s legally allowed :-)

@WSS said:
    Kiss My Selfie? Kabel Damagement? What!?

KMS are the initials of the founders (back in 2012), Kabeldamagement was just a joke by a technican of one of the datacenters we are in, as he saw my bunch of zipties which were nicely wrapped around some power cables ;-)

• WSSWSS Member

It's amusing, if not a little disconcerting. :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2017

@Kabeldamagement

I took a chance on you guys and decided I would test out your setup. Unfortunately, the initial experience with your portal leaves some thing to be desired. I just wanted to provide some feedback so hopefully you can improve things:

#1. While English is an available language in your control panel, it does not correctly change the language for the whole control panel. Some text shows in English while other parts continue to render in German. Some examples of this is when you hit the 'traffic' button, or even when you just log in to the panel you can see that it is not fully in English.

#2. You have chosen by default to use the German keymap on VNC and provide no drop-down or method for the end user to update this to their language in the interface. This made it so I had to ticket and wait for you to fix it before I could do anything with my server. You either need to provide a way to switch in the panel or set the default to English as global users are more likely to use English than German.

#3. Session timeouts and incorrect handling of this. If you are logged in and your session expires and you try to navigate, instead of sending you back to the login page you end up on a page showing a 500 error because you no longer have access to it. This is super annoying because more than once while waiting for support ticket updates I tried to refresh the ticket and ended up with this error and manually had to edit the URL in the URL bar to get back into the panel. You need to change this so it auto redirects you back to panel login instead.

This is all stuff that I encountered without ever even using my server. It basically took me more than 24 hours to even be able to begin to use my server because of the keymap issue and while it is possible to translate the portal in Chrome to English it leaves the panel feeling tacky and incomplete with the mix of languages.

Please consider addressing all these issues, especially the keymap issues as per my first ticket experience it took about 16 hours to get an update to my ticket and couldn't really use the server in the meantime.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@TheLinuxBug our new control panel is still in development and will be released this year, this will address most of the issues you have mentioned ;-)

Just to mention, you are the first one who complains about the non existent feature to change the vnc keymap in four years of being in service, but of course, we will take it seriously and I will open a internal issue for our developer.

edited May 2017

You can now add your ssl certificates to our layer7 ddos mitigation over our customer area: