Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using unlimited google drive bought from ebay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using unlimited google drive bought from ebay?

sanvitsanvit Member

Some were selling those accounts for $5 each, and it just seemed so good to be true... Anyone using those? How are they? Are speeds same as original google accounts? Has anyone gotten those accounts suspended due to violation of ToS?

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Same speeds, etc as any other account. I've heard suspension nightmares though so I'm just using it as secondary storage.

I ended up buying a G Suite Business ($10/mo) plan and even though the site says minimum 5 accounts required for unlimited storage (otherwise 1TB each) they don't seem to enforce that. The domain shows unlimited storage even with 1 user.

Thanked by 2sanvit raindog308
  • @Harambe said:
    Same speeds, etc as any other account. I've heard suspension nightmares though so I'm just using it as secondary storage.

I ended up buying a G Suite Business ($10/mo) plan and even though the site says minimum 5 accounts required for unlimited storage (otherwise 1TB each) they don't seem to enforce that. The domain shows unlimited storage even with 1 user.

Thanks!
    The G Suite Business is total $15 ($5for buisness account + $10 for storage), right?

@sanvit said:

Thanks!
    The G Suite Business is total $15 ($5for buisness account + $10 for storage), right?

Nope, just $10 per account. The normal licenses are $5/mo ea - if you switch it just changes to $10/mo ea.

You get the 2 week trial for a new domain and then it'll start on the $10 plan if you switch your licensing.

• @Harambe said:

@sanvit said:

Thanks!

Nope, just $10 per account. The normal licenses are $5/mo ea - if you switch it just changes to $10/mo ea.

You get the 2 week trial for a new domain and then it'll start on the $10 plan if you switch your licensing.

WOW that's awesome! :O I should just go for the Business plan than. Thankyou!

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

As i know you also get Unlimited Storage if you purchase Google Pixel Smartphone, is that right?
    I thought multiple times about getting one.

Thanked by 1sanvit

@sanvit said:

No worries. Definitely recommend the paid plans, even with 1 user you're technically a Google business/enterprise customer - less chance of being dicked around like the folks who use Amazon Cloud Drive (consumer product) are when they try to pull down a couple terabytes of files.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @HostSlick said:
    As i know you also get Unlimited Storage if you purchase Google Pixel Smartphone, is that right?

I thought you only get unlimited Google Photo. A good choice if your looking for a phone, but bad choice if your looking for storage....

@Harambe said:

@sanvit said:

No worries. Definitely recommend the paid plans, even with 1 user you're technically a Google business/enterprise customer - less chance of being dicked around like the folks who use Amazon Cloud Drive (consumer product) are when they try to pull down a couple terabytes of files.

Yaeh.... 2x the price of amazon but worth it.. Plus, you get a domain mail for free :)

Thanked by 1HostSlick
  • bapbap Member
    edited April 2017

Please stop PM me, already out of stock edu mail. :)

• @bap said:
    Unlimited drive? I can give you an edu mail with unlimited drive storage for free. Just PM me :D You dont have to buy. Limited offer here :D

Awesome! PM'd Thanks! :)

• bapbap Member
    edited April 2017

@sanvit said: Awesome! PM'd Thanks! :)

You're welcome :D

Update : Please stop PM me, already out of stock edu mail. :)

• Same here... using one from Ebay for 10$ and its running for 14 Months now... packed with 6TB data now.... its somehow connected to a college ....

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • anybody has unlimited gdrive accounts for sale?

• DormeoDormeo Member
    edited April 2017

Edu unlimited?

Don't use for onlyonestorage. Google or the edu administrator can suspend anytime your account. Then your data is lost. Do you want this?

Buy the Gsuite for 8 euro per month. Already unlimited and safe!

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • BG32BG32 Member

Just be careful with what you store on it, as the owner of the "business" can view all your files. I don't mind as sharing is caring with my 4tb of hentai

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • buy google business for yourself and nobody will see your files and it will be safe, for 8 euro per month is not a big money...

Thanked by 2sanvit Rolter
  • @hanselke said:
    anybody has unlimited gdrive accounts for sale?

search it on ebay. You can find some around $5

@Dormeo said:
    Don't use for onlyonestorage.

Got two of em and RAID1ed it :) Gsuite $10 seems to be a bit expensive when your mainly going to use it for plex cloud :)

@BG32 said:
    Just be careful with what you store on it, as the owner of the "business" can view all your files. I don't mind as sharing is caring with my 4tb of hentai

Just movies and other torrented stuff :)

• bertbert Member

have you bought it?i want to buy it too

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited April 2017

sanvit said: Got two of em and RAID1ed it :)

I did the same exact thing. Better safe than sorry. Snagged one off of ebay and one from @al3xt a couple months ago. So far so good, up to ~8.5TB on each right now.

BTW @sanvit, make sure the two you got are on different domains in case one of the domains gets revoked by Google.

• Dormeo said: buy google business for yourself and nobody will see your files and it will be safe, for 8 euro per month is not a big money...

Why do this though? Assuming noone really wants unlimited, one could just get one of those Kimsufis-2TB for around $7 a month. Install seafile/owncloud on it, and get enough storage.

• "make sure to use raid on your google storage"

Lol'd.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @bert said:
    have you bought it?i want to buy it too

Yup. bought 2 of them and it seems to work fine by now... Search 'Unlimited Google Drive' on ebay :)

@MasonR said:

sanvit said: Got two of em and RAID1ed it :)

I did the same exact thing. Better safe than sorry. Snagged one off of ebay and one from @al3xt a couple months ago. So far so good, up to ~8.5TB on each right now.

BTW @sanvit, make sure the two you got are on different domains in case one of the domains gets revoked by Google.

Yup! Got two different domains :)

@Droidzone said:

Dormeo said: buy google business for yourself and nobody will see your files and it will be safe, for 8 euro per month is not a big money...

Why do this though? Assuming noone really wants unlimited, one could just get one of those Kimsufis-2TB for around $7 a month. Install seafile/owncloud on it, and get enough storage.

Well, some are storing tens of terabytes of files. Plus, if you upload videos/etc. Google will encode it for you. And mostly, the speed. I get around 5MB/s using Google Drive while getting 400KB/s on my €10 oneprovider dedi. :(

@teamacc said:
    "make sure to use raid on your google storage"

Lol'd.

Better safe than sorry :)

• @teamacc said:
    "make sure to use raid on your google storage"

Lol'd.

I did as well and I am thinking this is against Google's TOS. I would not touch one of these with @WSS 's pole. This can only be a recipe for disaster when you think about it for longer then two seconds to click buy now.

• So in the end 1TB backup will cost you 2TB bandwidth?

Thanked by 1guyz92
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@HostSlick said:

This is only for photos uploaded from the Pixel device.

@brian777 said:
    So in the end 1TB backup will cost you 2TB bandwidth?

Plus the 1TB to download whatever it was to the server. So, 1TB becomes 3TB. I have a 30TB b/w allowance per month so I'm fine with all the traffic.

• How're you guys mounting google drive on Linux? Special options? What performance do you see?

@chauffer said:
    How're you guys mounting google drive on Linux? Special options? What performance do you see?

Using this gdrive CLI tool for uploads, averaging ~20-30 MB/s (I'm on a 1Gbps shared port, so ymmv). And using rclone mount for mounting the drive with the options below.

rclone mount --allow-non-empty --allow-other --max-read-ahead 200M drive-name-here:/ /mnt/path &

Able to stream the files very quickly using the rclone mount. Never had any latency (pause for buffering, etc.).

• madtbhmadtbh Member
    edited April 2017

@chauffer said:
    How're you guys mounting google drive on Linux? Special options? What performance do you see?

I'm using Grive2, another CLI tool. Works really well for me.

• I used that for 4 months. But last month ago, it was suspended by google bacause of Tos. My datas were gone.
    Still, the seller is selling on ebay. I don't recommend it.
    ps. If you're in Korea. You will get informations at naver cafes about google business cloud.

• @stargen said:
    I used that for 4 months. But last month ago, it was suspended by google bacause of Tos. My datas were gone.
    Still, the seller is selling on ebay. I don't recommend it.
    ps. If you're in Korea. You will get informations at naver cafes about google business cloud.

What was you hosting there? Any information which terms you have broke?

This discussion has been closed.