Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPAD's SolusVM Panel often gets Down !!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPAD's SolusVM Panel often gets Down !!!

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited February 2013 in General

Hi,
I have a total of 3 VPS with URPAD. They have good uptime and performance (I don't know how the other customer's VPS's are performing) but the worst thing is that their SolusVM Panel. It often becomes unresponsive. Sometime, I get "The operation timed out" and sometime "The server closed without sending any data".

Are you also having this type of issues ??

Comments

• @ehostlab said: Are you also having this type of issues ??

No.

Thanks for coming!

• Oh wow I thought they had a cool addon that made their panel 'get down' and do a dance. It sounds like their central solusvm is getting heavy traffic though if this is happening. May need some optimization.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Corey said: Oh wow I thought they had a cool addon that made their panel 'get down' and do a dance. It sounds like their central solusvm is getting heavy traffic though if this is happening. May need some optimization.

I heard this type of issues from other customers also. But, they don't look over this :(

@murky said: No.

Thanks for coming!

What type of comment it is, I don't understand !

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2013

@ehostlab said: What type of comment it is, I don't understand !

Looks like a comment to get his post count up... idk why he would want to do that though.

@ehostlab said: I heard this type of issues from other customers also. But, they don't look over this :(

I'm sure they are aware of the issue, it just might not be high priority for them since customers are still able to access the panel eventually.

• @ehostlab said: What type of comment it is, I don't understand !

@Corey said: Looks like a comment to get his post count up... idk why he would want to do that though.

No sir, the OP seemed to have asked me if I also had the type of issues he was having. I answered his question! :)

• @murky said: No sir, the OP seemed to have asked me if I also had the type of issues he was having. I answered his question! :)

Oh I'm sorry then.

• edited February 2013

It's up.

When was it down? I've seen exactly zero tickets regarding this.

• That's because you seem incapable of doing even the simplest tasks. lolpad.

• @blergh_ said: That's because you seem incapable of doing even the simplest tasks. lolpad.

Pardon?

• Urpad suck, nuff said

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh wait, we're just needlessly insulting urpad?

Nevermind, back to what I was doing.

• @Makkesk8 said: Urpad suck, nuff said

@blergh_ said: That's because you seem incapable of doing even the simplest tasks. lolpad.

I would love to see you two prove your statements .

• Never had an issue with the panel on any of my servers.

What browser are you using? IE ?

• I didn't have any issue yet. I often use their solus almost every week to reinstall my OVZs.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

Perhaps providers should have more monitoring towards their SolusVM page?
    While URPad loads fine for me, I reported similar problem to RamNode @Nick_A where the SolusVM page was loading like forever. Tested with multiple browsers and different machines, showing same results. These problems occur only for a very short period of time, which could be negligible (gone when the ticket is responded), but sure some people get affected.

• I know we get complaints that SolusVM sometimes times out, but I assume due to heavy usage, moving it to nginx would probably help.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DalComp said: While URPad loads fine for me, I reported similar problem to RamNode @Nick_A where the SolusVM page was loading like forever. Tested with multiple browsers and different machines, showing same results. These problems occur only for a very short period of time, which could be negligible (gone when the ticket is responded), but sure some people get affected.

It's no secret I run my panel behind a BuyVM filtered IP. When awknet has trouble, my panel has trouble (and Awknet is having trouble right now :/). Not their fault that trouble seems to be occurring more frequently, but it's been annoying enough lately that I'll probably just move the panel to a dedi in my network soon.

Can vouch for @Nick_A there he's had that problem for some time and there's simply nothing more he can do.

As for urpad, this is the first complaint I've seen in the open about this. I'm around enough to say that's relevant.

• I had an issue while hostnode of my vps was down. They said the node was under DDoS and fixed after they reboot the node.
    Does the problem happen only with specific node?

• @cause said: Does the problem happen only with specific node?

Should be.

• @jarland said: As for urpad, this is the first complaint I've seen in the open about this.

Same here.

@ehostlab said: Are you also having this type of issues ??

What country are you connecting from?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nick_A said: It's no secret I run my panel behind a BuyVM filtered IP. When awknet has trouble, my panel has trouble (and Awknet is having trouble right now :/). Not their fault that trouble seems to be occurring more frequently, but it's been annoying enough lately that I'll probably just move the panel to a dedi in my network soon.

Awk's been fine, the issue was on our end alas.

There's some new booter that can throw quite the punches so I've already commissioned a 2nd port from awknet to help with the TCP end of things.

The awk side of things has been solid and before yesterday or the day before, the last time anything blipped was when we did the move. Previous to that it was in November probably.

TCP's tough :(

Francisco

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Welp, time to break out the tar and feathers then!

@MannDude said: When was it down? I've seen exactly zero tickets regarding this.

It doesn't get down exactly but becomes unresponsive and after a while (maybe decreasing the load), again response nicely.

@ehostlab said: It doesn't get down exactly but becomes unresponsive and after a while (maybe decreasing the load), again response nicely.

Look on the bright side, there's no way it can be as bad as burstnet's solusvm ;)

@Damian said: What country are you connecting from?

I'm here in Bangladesh in ASIA

I opened this discussion on SolusVM panel's performance of URPAD. But, some of you are trying to blame URPAD for BAD PERFORMANCE. I can again assure you that URPAD's VPS performance is very nice and I had no downtime issues since I was provisioned from 30 November, 2012. 3 month's already passed, no downtime issues. So, how can anyone say that their performance is bad ?? Look, here I'm to discuss about the mentioned topic, not about anyone's performance.

And MannDude, Can't you place your SolusVM with a High End Server so that it can bear the heavy load anytime ??

@ehostlab said: I opened this discussion on SolusVM panel's performance of URPAD. But, some of you are trying to blame URPAD for BAD PERFORMANCE.

As a bored onlooker I totally got that from your post. When it happens, have you tested from another location perhaps via VNC or a VPN? Run a traceroute? It sounds like they aren't aware of it, so either they aren't monitoring it or the problem isn't effecting their view of it. It would be good to know if it's breaking down once you get to the datacenter or if there's a link in the middle that is failing.

@jarland said: It sounds like they aren't aware of it, so either they aren't monitoring it or the problem isn't effecting their view of it.

Once I opened ticket and attached a screenshot from isup.me that it was really down. But, later on, after some minutes, it loaded fine. I was wondering how that magically happened and after right that their staff also attached a screenshot from isup.me that it was OK. I assumed that maybe it often happens and oftens get resolved automatically, so I didn't disturb them by opening tickets again and again. Their Staff Dylan Shelton knew about it. I can also find out that their SolusVM is hosted with Sentris.com at Seattle. I hope they would do something for it.